834 students|Manteca Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I don't have a lot of experience with many of the teachers. I feel that they are effective when they choose to be, but not equal. We all know that teachers do what they want to do once the doors close, so the only way to thoroughly know what is happening is to either sit in the classroom daily or have live video.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Rarely see homework or a detailed explanation of the markings, so there's no way to say it's adequate.

Develops character: Disagree

It doesn't. To watch one child cry and several adults console, but then see another cry and adults simply walk by or act as if they don't care...how does that show fairness? When children tell you that the adults don't treat everyone fairly, and have several examples, how can you feel integrity is a foundation of the school?

Vague grade reports with insufficient information or details. No teacher-parent-student conference for each trimester. Advance notice required to visit your child's class. Even with advance notice, office staff still calls the teacher to verify a visit as if any relative has a reason to be deceptive. Lack of diversity in the teachers to parallel the student body. Very outdated textbooks. Yard supervisors are not appropriately situated to monitor the entire area. If I had the financial means, my child would be in a private school. The positive, they now have tablets.

Great school ,my kids love every thing obout it ,they are honor roll students .been here sins k

As a student hear I must say, that being here since 4th grade i have very well enjoyed this school up until 6th grade. The school is fine and everything except they have a really bad tendency with fights and bullying. But the staff is really nice and the bullying isn't too bad actually. We have parent conferences for the parents to keep in touch with their children. And Mr. Malik (7th\8th grade math) is a wonderful teacher. There is plenty of good reviews about him. So my advise to a new kid is to have fun because it's a really nice school.

I have nothing but good things to say about this school. Our children have been honor students every year, all reaching 4.0 GPA's. They have been encouraged to join athletic/music activities and have developed great friendships among peers...The teachers have been very reachable if there are any questions...staff has always been polite. The new principle is a firm believer in keeping our kids 'on track' and that good old fashioned firmness is what every school should have looking over our kids.... I am a very proud parent of kids who attended A.K from kindergarten to graduation....

The thing I like most about August Knodt is the fact that the teachers are really great and they do student follow ups every year.

I transfered my kids over to August Knodt from Great Valley because it was closer to our house and I had heard great things about the school. After only three days I am ready to move my kids back to Great Valley. First day of school I had to wait in line for over 25 minutes along with 40-50 other parents whose children's names had not been put a classroom. These children consisted of transfers, new students, and even returning students. I have never seen such a mess. Everyone of those students were pre-registered and there was no excuse for them to have not been already assigned a teacher. Due to their awful planning- three days into school they had to move my son in a 1st/2nd class. After he had already made friends, learned the new routines, and was enjoying his new teacher. Extremely unacceptable in my opinion.

This school is absolutely terrible. The kids here are raised by parents who commute to the Bay Area to work and have no time to teach their children how to behave. My daughter went here for only a half of a school year until my neighbor told me about Aspire Public Charter Schools. It's off of B-Street (not close to Weston Ranch) but well worth the drive.

Last modified August Knodt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.