Stockton, CA

Posted May 18, 2014
I feel as though the principal seems to not care about the students emotional harm caused by bullies . she has no sense of moral judgement and in my opinion should be fired .

Posted May 12, 2014
Horrible School! The bullies are more in control than anyone. The teachers are fine, but their hands are tied when it come to reporting incidents. My son went to this school about 5 months ago, and when I took him out, it was the best thing I ever did.

Posted January 05, 2014
my children go here. this is a horrible school. my children were doing great before they came, now it seems like they have been on pause. i haven't seen any academic growth, i am a very involved parent and teachers don't even communicate with parents. my child has been saying the teacher says they are in review since the beginning of the year. they aren't learning anything, my kindergarten comes home and finishes a packet of homework supposedly expected to last a week in 20 min. my 3rd grader isn't getting challenged the way he needs to, he came from a school where he was challenged and is getting bored in the class. no wonder the schools test scores are so low, instead of playing catch up they need to teach the kids grade appropriate materials. They will not be attending this school next year. I am going the charter school route. it seems like a lively staff but the material is outdated. a letter was sent to parents stating that if children have been enrolled in the school longer than 2 years they are offered free tutoring...speaks for itself. some would say if you want a better school move to a different neighborhood, but when that isnt possible do the children deserve to suffer?

Posted August 02, 2013
This school used to be the best til all these ghetto people came.These bullies are now on the stufent council.If your child goes to this school GET THEM OUT NOW!These new "leaders" will cause damage.The principal Suan Evans does not even care for the children,counselor is pathetic crazy she needs help,Susie Regalado(yard duty) and some teachers are the only ones who care.

Posted May 20, 2013
Horrible school horrible principle staff school district and campus police staff.Shame on all of them after my daughter was assaulted and punked for several mionths of emotional insanity! After complaining and officer waving her badge threatening to merandise me for excetcising my right to give a statement and make a complaint as to the little monstrrs torturing my child!I finally decided to move school districts.Sad that a child has to have suicidle thoughts or feel like snapping instead of just being free to go to school and learn.I think staff should be held respinsible for children who have to endure this. If they were they would be more motivated to properly handle the degenerate messups of this society so that this world could be a happier place.

Posted May 16, 2013
This school is horrible. The principal,counselor, and students are crazy.The yard duties are the only normal ones.

Posted April 20, 2009
My son has gone to this school for 4 years and I have to agree with the last comment, the material is avst the teachers we were lucky enough to get have all been wonderfully dedicated, I think the staff could get more support from Prinicpal and District

Posted November 26, 2007

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2006
I have a second grade student who has been at the school for two years now and I am very impressed with the level of material given. The teachers interest and compassion has also been remarkable.

Posted July 26, 2005
Ansel Adams is a new K-6th grade school. Although it just opened last year, it was not built with excess capacity, but rather opened with portables - that were all filled! Typical of most new schools, Ansel Adams is dealing with its growing pains. There seems to be a lot of positive energy (both staff and parents), but either not enough staff, planning or leadership to really make good use of the energy and excitement that comes with any elementary school - particularly, a new one. Unfortunately, this also includes discipline. Too many discipline issues went unresolved, or were ignored, this first year. The principal's focus was on getting the school off the ground, with discipline being left for 'next school year.' Sadly, this not only sets a bad precident for the students, but also makes it an untenable situation for the unfortunate teachers who have to deal with these issues. In regards to the teachers, almost all of the teachers I dealt with were bright, dedicated and talented.

Adams Elementary School
6402 Inglewood Avenue, Stockton, CA  95207
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top