Stockton, CA

El Dorado Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
As a teacher, I have, on occasion, expressed concern in a report card that if a student's choices (not paying attention, completing work, catching up from years below grade level) do not change, then I consider that child in danger of dropping out. Research on drop outs indicates that the problem begins years before the child decides to 'opt out' of education. We are often unable to reach parents (frequent phone changes, no answering machine, blocked numbers; notes don't get home ); because of the economy, classes are larger, making home contact challenging; many of us tutor/attend meetings or trainings after school. Instead choosing to be offended, why not talk with the child about the teacher's concern? What can the student change to head off the possibility of failing so badly? Such comments, I assure you, are not made lightly but out of serious worry.

Posted October 29, 2009
I have a child that attends this school. One of the teachers specified on a report card negative things like will become a high school dropout. When I contacted the office to talk to the teacher, he would not answer or return my calls. When I called to speak with the Principal or the Vice Principal the office were very difficult to get to transfer. Even after speaking with the staff in regards to the comment nothing was done.

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted March 04, 2007
First, the good...no more year round school and they have an excellent, involved, teacher who has set up a Taiko Drum group for the kids. They really love it. Now, the not so good. Since I only have limited space I will echo what the poster below has to say. She/he hit it on the nose. The majority of the staff, and there are exceptions, are apathetic at best and negligent as a rule. I don't like the new K-8 set up. The school seems so much more overtaxed.

Posted February 09, 2006
The experiences I have had with this school have not been very satisfactory. The leaders, teachers, and counselors have all made suggestions to resolve issues and don't follow through with them. I have met with several of them and followed every recommendation made to me in support of what might be best for my child. Unfortunately, I have yet to see this school meet their end of any suggestion. This is the only school I know of that when a child is suspended, no homework is sent home. The education level for this particular school is at a very low level and unless you are a minority, they don't seem to want to deal with you. I have taken my concerns to a new level and contacted the school district for resolution. The leaders and teachers here seem to just be going through the motions of leading and teaching.

El Dorado Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2006

El Dorado Elementary School 5

Posted January 01, 2006
Excellent school year round track offers felixibility

El Dorado Elementary School 5

Posted July 15, 2005

El Dorado Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2004
The Year Round school to me is awful. Then the teacher sends home work that he went over with my son and his classmates for about 5 minutes. My son went to traditional schooling at another school last school year and did great. But the year he is learning hardly anything.

El Dorado Elementary School
1540 North Lincoln Street, Stockton, CA  95204
Last modified El Dorado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Dorado Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top