Bad
Good

Kohl School is the greatest thing I ever did for my kids. my children were picked on by administrators and teachers in the standard SUSD. Kohl was recommended to me and I have never looked back. It broke both my heart and my daughters when she graduated at the end of last year. The principle, teachers and staff are wonderful with the children. The nurture them into independent, confident, strong individuals.

It's interesting that this school is a 4 out of 10 and gets 5 stars on every one of the community rating categories, something that my niece and nephew's school that gets 9/10 doesn't even have. My kids went to this school and I will tell you what, 5 stars is about 4 too many. The principal says rude things to the kids and when it is brought up to anyone you are told "oh he's just quirky" or "that's just the way he relates to the kids". I will tell you first hand, this is NOT always true. If you do decide to enroll your child here, just make sure you take any complaints of what is said to them or how they are treated seriously. Take the time to check this place out. Do not take the word of one or two parents. Don't ask the people that sit at the booths, ask as many parents as you can. If you have a ton of time to volunteer (and/or money) you're student will probably do just fine. If you don't, I'd keep looking. My special needs child was so severely mistreated that I withdrew both of my kids. Teachers were hit and miss. Some teachers were great, others were less than great, even though I had heard really wonderful things about my son's K teacher, he was awful to my son.

I'm sorry maybe this is a 'fantabulous' school. But my question is ....Why are they setting up a booth at the Magnet Faire then when people approach it we are told. "We sorry but there is a 2yr waiting list for this school" by the Principal!!

Kohl is the Best!! Our students, families, staff, teachers and principle create a learning environment which is caring, unique, fun, and educational!!

Kohl is a great school from the Staff to the campus. Everyone knows your name...

Very welcoming atmosphere!!! I love it and the best part is that my kids love it!!!!

the school treats their students very well in their own style. it's very unique and occomidating.

I love the teachers, top notch education, and family-like atmosphere

The teachers are the best & they pass on their high standards to their students, making them want to be the best that they can be.

The dedication and innovative methods of the teachers. The close contact between parents and staff. The chance for students to broaden their horizons by educatinal off site trips. The complete involve ment of the principal Bud West.

Last modified Kohl Open Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.