Stockton, CA

Posted November 24, 2013
Kohl School is the greatest thing I ever did for my kids. my children were picked on by administrators and teachers in the standard SUSD. Kohl was recommended to me and I have never looked back. It broke both my heart and my daughters when she graduated at the end of last year. The principle, teachers and staff are wonderful with the children. The nurture them into independent, confident, strong individuals.

Kohl Open Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
It's interesting that this school is a 4 out of 10 and gets 5 stars on every one of the community rating categories, something that my niece and nephew's school that gets 9/10 doesn't even have. My kids went to this school and I will tell you what, 5 stars is about 4 too many. The principal says rude things to the kids and when it is brought up to anyone you are told "oh he's just quirky" or "that's just the way he relates to the kids". I will tell you first hand, this is NOT always true. If you do decide to enroll your child here, just make sure you take any complaints of what is said to them or how they are treated seriously. Take the time to check this place out. Do not take the word of one or two parents. Don't ask the people that sit at the booths, ask as many parents as you can. If you have a ton of time to volunteer (and/or money) you're student will probably do just fine. If you don't, I'd keep looking. My special needs child was so severely mistreated that I withdrew both of my kids. Teachers were hit and miss. Some teachers were great, others were less than great, even though I had heard really wonderful things about my son's K teacher, he was awful to my son.

Kohl Open Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2010
I'm sorry maybe this is a 'fantabulous' school. But my question is ....Why are they setting up a booth at the Magnet Faire then when people approach it we are told. "We sorry but there is a 2yr waiting list for this school" by the Principal!!

Posted September 24, 2009
Kohl is the Best!! Our students, families, staff, teachers and principle create a learning environment which is caring, unique, fun, and educational!!

Posted September 23, 2009
Kohl is a great school from the Staff to the campus. Everyone knows your name...

Posted September 21, 2009
Very welcoming atmosphere!!! I love it and the best part is that my kids love it!!!!

Posted September 20, 2009
the school treats their students very well in their own style. it's very unique and occomidating.

Posted September 20, 2009
I love the teachers, top notch education, and family-like atmosphere

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers are the best & they pass on their high standards to their students, making them want to be the best that they can be.

Posted September 18, 2009
The dedication and innovative methods of the teachers. The close contact between parents and staff. The chance for students to broaden their horizons by educatinal off site trips. The complete involve ment of the principal Bud West.

Kohl Open Elementary School
4115 North Crown, Stockton, CA  95207
Last modified Kohl Open Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kohl Open Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top