Bad
Good

The best school for students and great teachers. I've graduated proud from this school. The best school for pentatholon.

My son has ADHD and the staff has been helpful in helping him. The only thing I would like to see more opportunity for children in the afterschool program

Not a great school. I've seen the principal push a little boy down in the office, on a different occasion yell at a kid for wetting his pants. Sometimes they don't get enough time to eat lunch, seen them not wanting to help the smaller kids open their milk. And if your child is struggling in a subject, their thing is the child needs to be held back another year yet they can't help them where they need help because classes have about 36 kids. They do not care about the students, it's push push push so they can have the highest test scores. FOCUS MORE ON HELPING & TEACHING THE KIDS not trying to be top test scores.

The only thing I can tell is simple and I can tell you because this has happened with three different students. If you child has a problem with ADD or ADHD I don't recommend it, they will push you until and your child until you feel there is not way out and the sad thing they will even make your child feel inferior to the rest of them just because they tell him his 'special' I will recommend the parent to keep away from this school.

Our teachers work hard to deliver the highest test scores in the city. Go, Rio!!

At Rio Calaveras we'll shout it out loud that the teachers are special and the students are proud. Our school has had the highest test scores in our district for nearly a decade. Parents move into our zone so that they can send their kids to our wonderful school. GO RIO!!

The Teachers really care about the kids. I always get a call back from Mrs Pichardo when ever I call her. My child loves Mrs Pichardo.

Excellent school. My son started as kindergarten. All teachers are great. Very strong academic school.

This is a great school, the teachers really care about the kids education.

Last modified Rio Calaveras Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.