Stockton, CA

Victory Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2006
Wonderfull my 3ard grader loves the teachers, staff and her expericance has been great. She is working very hard and learning lots of things.

Victory Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2005
- a staff
Like all schools I believe good schools have good teachers. I believe I was able to find a great education from Victory because I previewed classrooms. I talked with teachers and found the great teachers. I kept flexible schedules so that my children could access those teachers. What I mean by that is that if I needed to change tracks when it was a year round school I did just that. I contributed to the classroom and to a couple school wide functions. I mainly felt it was important to help the classroom then student services part of the school's system then the PTA/O.

Posted May 25, 2005
My child says he hasnt learned anything new here and ever since coming here his grades got worse. I recommend people get a better school for their children

Posted May 18, 2005
We are very displeased with Victory Elementary School. We have never had a parent-teacher conference all year. The teacher does not communicate with us unless I initiate it, and then it takes some time for a reply. My son never has homework. There is no accountability at all. The kids grades are configured solely on test scores. No classwork or homework is included.

Victory Elementary School 5

Posted August 21, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004
One teacher sent my 8 year old with a progress report 'unsealed' indicating what a failure he was in his overall lessons. That is wrong to leave it for my son to read. The teachers need to be reminded how excited they were when they first started now it seems like they don't care.

Victory Elementary School 0

Posted July 27, 2003
My first grader was retained last year and is still behind after being retained, plus she is overage for her class. The teacher just wrote on her end of year progress report that succinctly stated, 'didn't pass'. We speak only spanish, and this teacher only spoke english. Neither her teacher nor anyone else informed us that she was flunking. The school closed and there was no one to talk to, nor did they offer any options to flunking. Flunking is a very drastic step and alternatives should be discussed before using it as an option. Studies show retention is ineffective and damages the self esteem of the student. We also had an older son in the same school who was two grade levels behind; however he wasn't retained and instead received remedial help. Today he is in junior high school and doing better. This principal knew we didn't speak spanish and had trouble communicating (because of our son) but she didn't make any effort to inform us that our daughter was flunking. I think this school has a new prinicipal.

Victory Elementary School
1838 West Rose Street, Stockton, CA  95203
Last modified Victory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victory Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top