No rating

St George Parish School

Private | K-8 | 125 students

We are best known for student centered programs.

Living in Stockton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $117,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted April 11, 2011

i am an alumnus of St. George Parish School. i attended the school from k-8th grade and loved every minute of it. i am still very active at the school helping whenever i can. i currently have a younger brother and sister who attend the school and can trully see the great christian lifestyle the school is still teaching there. the one thing i love about the school the most is the fact that the teachers are well loved by all the students because of the amazing environment they create for the students. there are several teachers still at the school that were teaching when i attended. it is always a warm and heartfelt welcoming whenever i see the teachers. it really is a family oriented school and everyone helps each other out in any way possible. i truly would recommend this school to anyone that ask and i hope it continues to thrive with success so that one day i may send my kids to have the same catholic education my family has received. Go Knights!!

Posted April 7, 2011

Very bad experience. My children can excel at a public school just as well. Not all it's cracked up to be. Alot of Favortism going on at this school. Shop around, you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 29, 2010

I was originally hesitant to leave my kids on that side of town for safety issues, let alone education. Boy was I wrong. The amount of knowledge my kids retain compared to other children their age is uncomparible. And since my wife and I plan to raise our kids through private school upwards thoughout high school, St. George's allows the opportunity for our children to earn scholarships up to 50% of their tuitions. That's awesome!

Posted November 21, 2010

My son started at St. Georges last year for kindergarden. He absolutely loved the friendly faculty and program. I liked the fact that the entire school staff is aproachable and willing to work with the parents. My son is attending this school again this year and my daughter will be joining him next year. Finding a great school like this here in the valley has been a blessing to us and offered our childeren a level of academic achievement that the public school system can not offer.

Posted November 12, 2010

We've been at St. George School for 5 years now and enjoy the religious, academic and family enviornment. Our children are happy in every aspect.

Posted November 12, 2010

My Granddaughter started in Kinderguarden and then we tried public school for 1st grad she did not do good at all at a public school iwas to crowded her grades went down and she just did not want to go to school as soon as she went back to St. George she was very happy the students are very nice she loves her teacher who is a great teacher and all staff is very nice and that makes a big difference.

Posted November 10, 2010

My son started 1st grade at St. George and what a difference!! My husband and I decided to transfer him here after numerous bad experiences of overcrowded public school and teachers who dont give your child proper attention to do well in school. Now my son loves his school, his teacher, his classmates and has learned so much. He is so eager to do his homework, and do well in his class. We also discovered his gifted talent in math in comparison to his peers. Thank you to all the staff, instructors and Mr. R. You are all making a huge difference in the lives of our children.

Posted November 4, 2010

My daughter just started her first year at St. George Parish School this August. She is in 1st great and quickly made friends. All of the students are so friendly and helpful. Her teacher this year is wonderful as are the rest of the staff members! Everyone goes the extra mile and really cares about the school, the students and the community. The Principal and his office staff have always been available to answer any and all questions I had when deciding which private school I would choose for my daughter. Also, as a working mom it is very nice to have the Boys and Girls club provide before and after school care. It helps out a lot and the staff is wonderful! I am very happy my husband and I have chosen to enroll our daughter here!!!

Posted June 8, 2010

This is our first year at St. George's School. We are very impressed with the quality of education offered at this school. Mr. R is always available when you need him and he has very good ideas for the school. The teachers are very interested in the each student's education. It is so important to provide our children with the best education available. We couldn't be happier with the quality of education provided. Most importantly, our student is very happy and flourishing under the guidance of these educators!

Posted April 1, 2010

This is my son's first year at St. George and he really likes it. I noticed that his teacher really find time to teach him and even knows how to play his moody behavior. The after school program is free and they get to do their assignment and play with their school mates. I really recommend this school to other parents because so far this is the best school in town. Thank you to Mr. R. the principal, all teachers and aids and staff.

Posted March 17, 2010

I agree with all the postings in 2009 and 2010. My daughters attended this school and they both enjoyed the camaraderie and the outstanding learning enviroment. Mr. R and the faculty/staff have done an excellent job of managing issues to make the school one of the best in Stockton. The school's basketball coaches are great. They instilled discipline and teamwork. Because of what my daughters learned in this school for four years, they have done very good at another out of state Catholic school. We had to move because I am in the military.

Posted February 17, 2010

My son has been a student at St. George since kindergarten. The school is much improved since the current principal, Mr. R, has joined the team. Parental participation is not only encourage, it is mandatory. The teachers do an excellent job and encourage the students to excel. Students are moved forwards or backwards depending on how they are mastering the subject. While we are not much to look at from the outside, come on in and have a look.

Posted December 16, 2009

We've four children ranging from K to 6th grade attending St. George. Despite residing in another parish and the travel involved, we are very pleased with the faculty, curriculum, and culture of the school. Are kids have always been good students, however they've continued to grow and excel -- even beyond our expectations as parents. I attribute this to the curriculum as well as the genuine dedication of the teachers to ensure students are learning and progressing. Additionally, the assigned homework workload validates the emphasis on consistent and continuous teaching and learning. Of course, this also helps to foster parental involvement, which it should. Principle, Mr.R, has made great strides in improving the school's outlook, financial status, and student's learning results. Come to the school for a first hand look of the students, faculty, and learning in process! We're very pleased with our investment into our children's education AND their results.

Posted December 16, 2009

Both our son and daughter have attended St. George Parish School since Kindergarten. We chose to send our kids to this school because of the family type atmosphere that is promoted and the strength of its staff and teachers. In our time at the school, teachers have come and gone as we know how difficult it is for private schools to keep good teachers. Fortunately, St. George has managed to keep its core teachers together. The curriculum is up to date. Families are encouraged to participate in school events, as it is so important in to be involved. Teachers cannot be depended upon to do it all , we has parents have to be teachers as well. St. George Parish School was an excellent choice for us and we are extremely satisfied. The school has allowed are kids to grow as individuals, strengthened their faith, and prepared them for the next level.

Posted July 17, 2009

My daughter attended and graduated from this school..Its not a bad school but is not as strict as to certain rules being adhered to but they over-empasize not so important things. St.Lukes for example is far more put together for just a little more money. Since we are paying evidentally our childs education is of the utmost importance to us..Shop around.

Posted June 2, 2009

I am generally satisfied with the school. I do wish the school could purchase different curriculum and send the teachers to training. The curriculum is definately not up to date. I do feel the school is safe and children are free to grow there.

Posted April 16, 2008

I have been a part of this school for a few years now. I am concerned with the quality of education my child is receiving. It seems that a child is not encouraged to excel at this school. They are still held back at the same level as the other students in class.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 11%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Italian
Spanish
Tagalog
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • 3rd Place Team Academic Pentathlon (2007)
  • Mulitple Placements in Science Olympiad (2009)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Frank L. Remkiewicz
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Stockton

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Uniforms
  • Parents are required to contribute 35 hours annually to the school. there are many opportunities to become involved.