Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

John H. Francis Polytechnic 1

Posted June 03, 2016
My son just graduated high school . He was varsity basketball player. The coach invited us to go to Las Vegas to watch the tournament , we spend a lot of money just to watch my son's game. The coach did not let the bench player to play even they are winning by 20 or even when they are loosing. He supposed to let other kids play. Im very disappointed , Now my youngest son is going to high school and there is no way I will enroll him in this school.

Posted March 13, 2016
Poly has always been a great school not only for myself 25 years ago but for my 2 children who have attended, the kids all come together no matter what the background is, that is something you don't hear of especially in the valley, it also has great college programs for the kid's to continue their education.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 13, 2016
The teachers are so on top of the kids that are falling behind and offer extra help.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 13, 2016
The students have just the right amount of homework since most of the stuff is completed during school.l

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
The teachers have so much compassion in helping out each student especially by contacting us the parents if they fall behind on anything.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
The kids develop respect for each other because the school is so positive especially no bullying allowed.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
The kids in this community not only are they taught by their parents to be responsible and respectful but also at school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 13, 2016
The teachers and college counselor's really put great effort in helping each student to prepare them for their future.

Posted August 30, 2014
This is my sons 2nd year at Poly High. I am amazed on how this school has changed a lot for good. I always had second thoughts of having my son come here due to the history reputation poly had. I'm so grateful in how this school has changed I can say I'm proud. The staff, teachers, counselors, you name it are all very caring in helping the students succeed. The magnet program is College preparatory program intense, but the teachers and students don't give up on each other.. Many AP classes to offer the acceptance to UC's and Cal States universities is jus amazing. If you are having a hard choosing which high school to enroll your child you have to come and check out Poly do your research. You and your child will be very happy and impress here at Poly.. The only negative thing is the school needs to get renovated it's an old school.. Otherwise it's a great high school.

Posted July 12, 2014
I remember going to this school almost 20 years ago. I had a lot of favorite teachers. My time here was cool. I learned from a lot of the teachers. Some of these teachers were very dedicated teachers. Especially my English teachers. Then there were those teachers who were there just for a check. Like those that taught foreign languages. I learned nothing. I got bored most of the time and eventually felt very discouraged. Which was sad because I really wanted learn a 3rd language. Instead we were constantly watching movies and left alone to do nothing.. I met good friends, and made some good memories. The football team was really bad.It was an okay school.

12431 Roscoe Boulevard, Sun Valley, CA  91352-3723
Last modified John H. Francis Polytechnic is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.