Posted August 30, 2014
This is my sons 2nd year at Poly High. I am amazed on how this school has changed a lot for good. I always had second thoughts of having my son come here due to the history reputation poly had. I'm so grateful in how this school has changed I can say I'm proud. The staff, teachers, counselors, you name it are all very caring in helping the students succeed. The magnet program is College preparatory program intense, but the teachers and students don't give up on each other.. Many AP classes to offer the acceptance to UC's and Cal States universities is jus amazing. If you are having a hard choosing which high school to enroll your child you have to come and check out Poly do your research. You and your child will be very happy and impress here at Poly.. The only negative thing is the school needs to get renovated it's an old school.. Otherwise it's a great high school.

Posted April 02, 2013
Polytechnic High School has become one of the premier public high schools within LAUSD due to the vision and quality leadership shown by principal's Martinez, Loera, and now Ari Bennett. Even though the school's student population is primarily made up of students from a low socioeconomic background, Poly High School's teachers and support staff create tremendous learning environment that shows in the school's graduation rate, CST scores, CAHSEE scores, and the number of students that the school sends to colleges and universities. Comparing what Poly accomplshes with its student body with the accomplishments of like schools with similar demographics, shows without question what a dynamic school Polytechnic High School is.

Posted March 14, 2013
I have seen Polytechnic SHS rise steadily for the past 10 years to become one of the premier public high schools in the country. Students, faculty, administration and staff have built a community of learning for all. Confidence is a hard thing to measure but, it is the ultimate gift of Polytechnic to its community.

Posted March 14, 2013
Poly through out the years has offered students opportunities no other schools have. Our students proudly represent our community in the San Fernando Valley as well as in Universities such as MIT, UCLA, Harvard, and I can go on but in simple words our Poly Parrots wear their blue and gold with honor and dignity.

Posted March 13, 2013
Poly offers it students multiple choices, and multiple chances to succeed. Students are supported and taught the rigorous curriculum it takes to achieve. Poly's wonderful students, with the support their parents, and community are reaching goals that surpass already held high expectations. It is an honor to work with the students that I get to work with every day.

Posted November 19, 2012
Just want to say that i have great memories when i used to go to POLY it s the best school i have ever attend....now I m a teacher out the USA but thanks to all my teachers and POLY I m what I m...i never forget Poly...

Posted May 16, 2012
i am recently attending this great school and i am in the SAS program and i take college classes and im a ninth grader. i take english 28 and will soon take english 101 and on and on... i WOULD recommend this school

Posted January 20, 2011
i am recently attending this school and i have to say that the improvements are incredible.I am in the Math/Science magnet and the programm is the best in the valley.The teachers are caring and they challenge us as if we were college students instead of high school.I really suggest that people visit our school and check it out.Its worth the time.And the students will tell you what a wonderful school we have.

John H. Francis Polytechnic 4

Posted November 28, 2010
I myself attended this High School (Magnet program), it was an experience I will never forget. This school offers great extra curricular activities and the teachers constantly challenge you. The magnet program especially seeks to better the student. The students classmates and teachers become there family. Now that I am in college I hear people talk about there high schools and how careless and "boring" there school was; when I share my Poly experience they always say they'd give anything to have had attended Poly High School. Then again it is also up to the student to get the best out of the school. I suggest making periodic visits to the College Office, BTB Office and the Magnet Office as well.

Posted August 21, 2010
Polytechnic High School continues consistently improving. Poly is 1 of only 3 high schools in the state that has ever exited Program Improvement (PI) 5 status. A number of reform strategies have led to improvements in graduation and dropout rates, A-G rate, and proficiency targets. Today Poly is in the top 20% of schools in CA with similar demographics. Poly s graduation rate has gone up 5 consecutive years and is now approaching 84%. A large number of graduating students have completed UC and Cal State entrance requirements (A-G rate), a rate that exceeds all non-magnet, non-charter comprehensive high schools in LAUSD. The Math Science Technology Magnet school s equivalent API is 881 in 2010. This places the magnet in the top 10% of high schools in California. In the past 8 years, more students have been admitted to MIT than any other school in Los Angeles, public or private!

John H. Francis Polytechnic
12431 Roscoe Boulevard, Sun Valley, CA  91352
Last modified John H. Francis Polytechnic is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John H. Francis Polytechnic Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top