Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
Mrs. Gonzalaz - My little girl is very spirited. I thank you for patience with her but still remaining firm and keeping consistent expectations of her. I appreciate you responded to all my questions and concerns promptly!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 22, 2015
I have wonderful experiences with both teachers I've been involved with. They are great at working with the kids and communicating with the parents.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
My daughter struggles with her writing. Rather then put her down they have encouraged her! They point out all the strong areas she has and assure her if she practices her writing will be just as good.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
I have a preschooler in the special ed and a kinder kid, both kids are treated with respect and are taught how to be kind and compassionate to others.

Apperson Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
It's funny how on these reviews the "parent?" is complaining about how their kids come home and don't feel they have learned anything; and can't believe they have an 8 of 10 on ranking? Do you work with your kids with their homework? Do you challenge them about what they learned in school? Maybe it's your parenting? These are states exams. Obviously they are learning things? If you child has ADHD, then it's your job to get them on a 504 program to give them more time with their tests and into a mgt program for ADHD learning, it's not the teachers responsibility. My daughter went their for kinder and is currently going for 5th grade, loves her teacher and loves her school. I highly recommend Apperson. They currently have events that more involve the community and that's a good thing.

Posted June 24, 2014
This school needs major help. My son had two wasted years here. 1st and 2nd grade did not prepare him. the teachers are terrible. they just care about their paycheck. his particular class was out of control and chaotic with different teachers every 3-4 weeks. No continuity for my child. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I've never experienced more frustration than I have at this school. Do not waste your child's time here.

Posted May 20, 2014
I would not recommend this school at all I have had issues with the principal, teachers and the pta staff. They don't care about the students or what the parents have to say really really disappointed im glad my child doesn't go there anymore!!!

Apperson Street Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2014
This is our first year at Apperson. My child has been warmly welcomed. I absolutely love our teacher. I feel the school does challenge my child academically. I didn't have much interaction with Mrs. Purcell, however, I can say that I have had interaction with the new principal Mrs. Smissen and every time I have spoken to her I have walked away from the conversation better informed and with a positive feeling. I feel like she is a go-getter and she is ready to make some positive changes to an already amazing school! And, she used to be a teacher for several years! Honestly, I feel like she is very straightforward and she easily relates as a parent, teacher, and administrator. The PTA has been amazing at answering questions and helping lead the way as my child is in kindergarten and I was new to the game. We can't wait to see what is in store for next year. I recommend anyone who is interested go check the place out! It's been a great year.

Posted April 28, 2014
Apperson Elementary has been a terrible school this school year. My child has been neglected by sub after sub all school year !! The classroom is wild and chaotic. I am very involved and I volunteer. This is why I am aware. My child could not concentrate due to the loud, out of control atmosphere. They do not have a steady teacher in the classroom. Every 30 days its a new one. I do hope this new principal can create a much needed change. If your child needs extra help of any kind they will not receive it at Apperson. As a parent I am extremely frustrated with this school. They have not met my child's needs.

Apperson Street Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
this is where my grandchildren go to school we are proud grandparents, the boys are doing really well in school and we love the way they are learning and growing the teachers re attentive and helpful

10233 Woodward Avenue, Sunland, CA  91040-3343
Last modified Apperson Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apperson Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 97 reviews. Top