Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Love the new principal! He is upbeat and enthusiastic about evolving our school to the next level of technology. He actually spends time with our kids which is important to me. My kids and their friends love him. I am so glad they got rid of their old principal since she didnt seem to happy around the kids.

One of the reason's we bought our house in this neighborhood was that this school had good API scores. However Sunland Elementary is far more than the sum of it's test scores. The office staff are kind and helpful, the principal is approachable and responsive, the teachers are dedicated and caring. This is my Daughter's 5th year at Sunland Elementary. Each year she has had a great teacher. She recently had a problem with a bully and it was handled by the principal and her teacher on the same day she reported it. My son is just starting kinder and I am so pleased that he will spend the next 6 years in this environment.

Ms. Burden is an amazing teacher at Sunland Elementary. I enjoy her approach to teaching as she helps the children to think through the answers. She is excellent at helping to develop critical thinking skills - one of the most important and essential skills we can teach our children. We have 2 children enrolled. Mrs. Valle is a very caring Kindergarten teacher - the right amount amount of care balanced with firm direction. Our children are very bright - our oldest scored 95% on 1st grade private school national SAT. She is really enjoying her new school and teachers at Sunland elementary and feels challenged. Closed campus is great for pick up and drop off and gives us a good feeling of security.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teacher for second grade gets no respect from me! She did nothing to help my boy!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Only if you are a bully!! My child told the truth, defended himself, and got suspended for doing so. You tell me! My child was bullied every single day with no consequences to the other children. How fair is that?

If you're a parent who's looking for a school that promotes random acts of kindness, a Principal who asks at the assembly every week to the students, "Why do we come to school?" and the students shout with pride, "TO LEARN!!!!", and an amazing PTA that sponsors many fundraisers to provide amazing field trips for the students and teachers and Teachers' Appreciation Week with a Teachers' Luncheon....I encourage you to enroll at Sunland Elementary and be involved. Their teachers in Magnet and resident are exceptional and I have volunteered in different classrooms and I see how these teachers encourage the students to really think and be creative artistically. There's going to be a new computer lab next year. As a parent, I've not had any problems. Don't be afraid to COMMUNICATE to the Principal, the PTA, or the Parent Ctr. Of course there are bad seeds in EVERY school, and we learn to work with it and communication is key. Overall, we adore this school.

Develops character: Agree

The Principal, the teachers, office staff, teacher's aides, and parent volunteer encourages with so many wonderful prizes and events.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers do everything they can to help students go above and beyond their potential.

The magnet program at this school is AMAZING. All of my kids have gone through (or are still attending) the magnet at this school and I could nto be happier. This area isn't known for their high-end schools, but this magnet program shines like a diamond in the rough.

The Sunland Magnet program is wonderful. My third child has started the program this year in grade two. The teachers are great (Mrs Burden is amazing!) my two older children also went through the Sunland magnet program. I highly recommend it.

Last modified Sunland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.