Sunnyvale, CA

Posted November 01, 2014
I have a daughter in this school. We cane from another private non- profit school. When I compare academics, it is very real that Rainbow teaching is far better than the other school we came from. Ms. Dory, Ms. Geneviev are a great combination for my child. I am very pleased with what I see. I am very confident that my child will be very ready for middle school. I am a strong believer in parent involvement and if we support the hard working teachers and guide our children then we can achieve a lot better. The school's fees structure is very reasonable. They accommodate to parents needs and there is always a great support system. I still believe that they should consider some better resource teachers. Spanish teaching is not very impressive and hope they will come up with a better solution.

Posted November 12, 2013
This school can be the one of the best if someone can change management specially director . She is so incompetent to the extent if someone walks in with some issue she just cant handle it. She should be more approachable and the first person to solve any kind of problem. Most of the teachers don't even speak proper English which is the most unfortunate thing. School reputation is going beyond even normal standards .

Posted July 02, 2013
This is not a school, but a military style teaching institution. The kids have no fun time in school, but only work, learn and work again. There is no craft and artwork, but only writing and drawing, and everything is related to learning. Their curriculum is 2nd grade level for 1st grade and 1st grade in kindergarten. If your child cannot read before kindergarten, then this is not a right school. The kids are not allowed to talk to each other during the day, except during recess. The school encourages bragging about the kids progress and everything is about being the best in class (due to the different cultural background of the teachers and the director competition is desirable). Most of the teachers have very strong Indian accent and are difficult to understand. The director ignores the inputs from the parents, even after having promised to resolve them. Management is incompetent, but very friendly and always smiling. The teachers claim that the kids have fun, but I have never seen the kids smiling or laughing during the day. Having fun while learning is not a concept that this school endorses.

Posted June 27, 2013
This is a GREAT school. One great thing you can pick the class you want. For toddlers I highly recommend Ms Kumud, she is an Indian teacher, she ensures your child eats, is warm and talk to her and she will give you a clear picture of your child's day. In preschool Ms. Sonia you will be amazed when you see your child color, read and know their numbers, and Ms. Elizabeth, your 3 or 4 yr old will be reciting the preamble, the 44 presidents and little anecdotes about them, the original colonies. Just amazing. Kindergarten Ms. Sora, or Ms. Natalie. Your child will gain confidence and discipline too, both teachers are so good at instilling respect. 1st grade Ms. Grace and Ms. Shubhada's combo class. The combo class has REALLY high standard, so be prepared to have a HUGE load of homework but your child will be so prepared for higher grades. But this class can be very taxing if you or your child are not ready for it !! Third grade I have heard of Ms. Preety but don't have any personal experience but although she is strict her students love her. Great school. My only complaint is I wish the elementary director was more visible and more approachable.

Posted June 20, 2013
I agree, Ms Sonia is a really GREAT teacher. You don't find teachers like her these days. She is so dedicated and her children just love her, in spite of the fact that she is VERY strict, but she is loving too and her children know this. I am also so happy with Ms. Elisabeth what a wonderful teacher. I was so amazed to hear my child list the preamble this from the mouth of 4 year old baby. i really thank RB for hiring such wonderful teachers. I know that in all the grades there are wonderful teachers, Ms Sora and Natalie, Ms Preety, Ms Shubhada, Ms. Grace, Ms Dory ... This is an amazing school. Now they just need to find a good principal/director for the elementary side.

Posted May 19, 2013
Both my sons goes to RM and they just love it. We started when my son was 18 months old and we had a wonderful experience with staff and teachers. Ms.Khumud, Ms.Sonia & Ms.Padma are amazing teachers who are so caring & loving. I never seen any teacher like Ms.Padma who comes with innovative ideas & helps kids to move quickly up the ladder. Ms.Boi is so helpful and understanding. I would strongly recommend anyone to send their kids to this school.

Rainbow Montessori C.D.C. 4

Posted April 29, 2013
My son has been attending this school for almost 5 years. If you drive into the parking lot, drop off your kid and then wait in line to exit, it's a real mess. Too many cars from too many different places trying to converge towards the sole point of egress was a big cluster "you-know-what" . Fortunately, they have started using cones to redirect traffic around the lot and it is a LOT better (I wish they had done this sooner!). I used to park outside on Duane Ave. and then walk my son into the school whenever possible, but now I don't mind driving into the parking lot to drop him off. I"m guessing Dave R. was the one who improved the situation. Hats off to him! He has also done a lot of other things to improve the school like restriping the parking lot and adding that outdoor staircase so it's easier to exit from the 2nd floor. Good thing he's there! As far as the teachers go, I've had old and young, strict and not-so-strict, and so on. Personally, I have found all of them to be patient and willing to talk to me about anything. I felt that we were treated fairly and I don't feel that any of the school's protocols or requirements were unreasonable. Just my .02

Posted March 14, 2013
Yes, my child too knows the presidents and the first ladies thanks to Ms Elizabeth. Thanks Rainbow for hiring the best teachers. My child is not in Ms Sonia's class, there was a wait list to this class, I know I should have insisted but went with another class. I have heard Ms Sonia is the best teacher for preschool, children will read, know their numbers etc. My 2nd child will go to this class for sure!!! Rainbow Rocks!!!

Posted December 20, 2012
How safe is this school. Last time when I am looking for schools and stop by. I didn't take appointment and entered the school. No one at gate or no one stopped me. No one even notice. So, I can enter the school if I want anytime. Looks like management don't care who is coming and leaving. I also do the same at The Wonder years Preschool in Mountain view. They stopped me at the gate and didn't allow inside and said I have to make an appointment before coming. Parents, next time when you leave your kids somewhere, think about their safety. Schools should focus on safe measures

Rainbow Montessori C.D.C. 3

Posted December 03, 2012
I cannot believe that the School does not resolve the parking situation. Each time parents walk up to the Director we are turned to someone else and the issue soon dies. Parents are put through daily torture living with the parking situation and it was not this bad until they redid the parking space.

Rainbow Montessori C.D.C.
790 East Duane Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94085
Last modified Rainbow Montessori C.D.C. is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Rainbow Montessori C.D.C. Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top