K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Rainbow Montessori has been in the business for many years. I happen to have experienced from past and present situations from this school. This school has changed to worse with administrations and teacher quality. Some teachers have served this school for many years and remain to be in the same position. I question about teacher quality and improvement. I have also noticed that administration has no control, or maybe they do not know what they are doing with today's education. Infant Programs - Beautiful rooms and Ok teachers. Often, I hear kids crying for hours but yet not attended by any. Toddler Program- They have packed up their rooms to the maximum. I have not seen any progress with this program. Frozen meals and overworked teachers are placed in this program. Cleanliness and teacher quality are questionable. Pre- School Program- There are many classrooms. They have 36 students. Teacher quality is below educational level. Most teachers have a rough time with English language. Classrooms are dirty and not up to any good marking. This is a serious situation I see. Different classes teach in different ways. There are no unanimous work levels. The administration has no power over what they teach. No standards at all. Elementary Program- They use very old textbooks. The teachers do whatever they want. The elementary director has no knowledge of running this program. All that she does is to divide students according to status and favoritism of each teacher. This program is up to no good standing at all. The discipline and overall school environment is not suitable for any child to be. I am wondering why the department of education has no power to check this type of school.

My daughter has been attending Rainbow Montessori since she was 23 months old and my youngest daughter who is 8 months old is also attending this school for daycare. My eldest daughter is currently enrolled in Ms. Balwinder's class G4 and will soon transition to kindergarten. She's always happy to see her teachers especially Ms. Balwinder. My daughter has learned to write her name, addition, subtraction, sound out words and build up her self confidence. Ms. Balwinder also gave my daughter the right amount of attention when she was learning to adapt to her new baby sister. I highly recommend enrolling your preschooler in Balwinder's class.

School is full of favoritism. Only few teachers are good in the school. If someone wants to join their kid in a particular good teacher, then we have to "butter" the principal and teachers. Parents whoever always tries to be in good books of principal will "ONLY" get admission into good teachers class. For rest, Principal will tell all kinds of lies to make sure they don't go to "best" teachers classes, so they can fill "normal" or "average" or "bad" teachers classes too. Principal will go extent that she will blame your kid that he/she is not doing good in academics, inspite of having the progress report is "best" from the corresponding class teachers. "Good" teachers also can't override principal. Overall, parents whoever have "enough" time to always talk, act, spend time with principal/teachers will only get into good classes. If you are person who don't have time and who can't butter this is not the place. Only good part of the school is cheap when compared to other private schools like Challenger/Stratford etc, which is not the only criteria for many parents to choose the school. Principal/staff should realize that fact.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Miss Balwinder in G4, my kid's pre-school teacher is very effective in her work. She has made a great impression on my kid who looks up to her and adores her. She is wonderful at making sure that the kids get the right balance between academics and fun.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teacher let the kids make the decision on what to study. ("No study is not an option.") This makes my son very happy because he feels like he is the boss.

Amount of homework: Agree

When my son was in preschool, I told the teacher that we did not want any homework. If there were anything they wanted my son to practice, please let him finish during the afterschool care time. K's teacher let parents decided whether we want homework or not. I opted for "Yes." My son has one set of homework package per week in K. Inside of it, there are few pages of coloring, few pages of language, few pages of math. My son usually can finish in one hour or so. Therefore, I think it is very reasonable.

My son joined Rainbow Montessori since he was 3 years old. We really like both Ms. Tweet (pre-K) and Ms. Natalie (K). Although my son was behind in his language speaking skill (until few month ago), he is still happy every day. Both Ms. Tweet and Ms. Natalie have provided him a happy & healthy environment for him to grow at his own pace. Now, toward the end of the Kindergarten, he is able to speak and read well. I am amazed by him when he makes quite a lot remarks. When I asked him, "who taught you?" The responses are usually, Ms. Natalie. He seems to understand far more than he can express now. I give credit to Rainbow Montessori for providing high standard exposure for the kids.

My daughter joined the preschool in classroom G2 mid 2015. So far, I have seen great improvement in her penmanship, memory skills, and overall love for learning. Ms. Chelsea and Ms. Sadia are two of the most loving and kind women and have been a true blessing for my little girl who wants attention and love from her teachers. I love that G2 is full of animals - turtles, a bird, some reptile thing, and often fish as well. It teaches the young children responsibility and even about the circle of life. "Mommy - one of the fish died today." Although its only been six months, and I have seen some organized chaos upon pick up and drop off (but what else is expected with 25+ 3-5 year olds), I fully recommend Rainbow Montessori so far.

My son has joined Rainbow montessori preschool G4 class almost 5 months back, I m seeing lots of improvement in him since he joined G4 class.My son is fearless in his attitude, he could differentiate between what is good and bad.Ms.Balwinder is an awesome teacher,She is great support to child's needs.She is an amazing teacher , who comes with innovative ideas to help kids.I will highly recommend to anyone for this teacher Ms.Balwinder's G4 class .You will be impressed when ur 4 yrs.old child recite lots of poems .She also does fun projects with kids and teach free Indian bollywood dance every week .She teaches very advance , academically very good.She is strict teacher but children loves her, she is very caring and loving teacher.I am very happy, thank u Ms. Balwinder for taking good care of our child.Rainbow is a great school.G4 is a great class.

My child moved out after 3rd grade and this review is for elementary school. This school used to be good but has deteriorated a lot. Most of the teachers can't manage the big group of kids and I have often heard them screaming at students. There is a grade 1 to 3 combo class much in demand but I realized how much the screaming by assistant teacher in that class has affected my child negatively. He was scared to ask any questions/clarifications as the response was always yelling. If this would be in a public school , the teacher would be severely reprimanded for the way she behaves with kids on a daily basis. Also many teachers are themselves poor in grammar and hence cannot teach kids properly.

Last modified Rainbow Montessori C.D.C. is a Private school that serves grades K-6