No rating

Stratford School

Private | K-5 | 293 students

Living in Sunnyvale

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $865,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Posted August 6, 2013

My son has been with this school ever since preschool. This was his first exposure to the world of formal education and I must say he is as happy as we are. It's been over 2 years now and it was absolutely a wonderful experience interacting with the teachers, the principal, the admins in the office room. I like the good mix of academics,music and art ensuring a good balance is maintained. The best thing for me was to see my kid perform so wonderfully along with other kids during the spring/winter programs. Also,the fact that they encouraged parent participation left me with such wonderful memories,that I can share with my son,years later.All in all, we love being a part of this wonderful school.

Posted May 19, 2013

My kid goes to this school. It's an ok school, but not great. We think the school has some issues, if they fix it - it will be great. The teachers in Stratford have kids enrolled in the same school. Those kids get favorable. One of the teachers uses kids in her class to check on her kid in another class(like sending special lunch box every day). The teachers do not provide more challenging stuff for kids. The public schools in Cupertino do more for the kids than this school. We are not coming back next year.

Posted April 25, 2013

I have two children attending Stratford this year, one in K and one in Pre-K. I am extremely happy with the quality of education and care that my children receive at Stratford. Each child has two teachers in class and all four of the teachers that my children have this year are fantastic. My children are learning at a rate that I did not anticipate - they are so far ahead of where I was at their age. They love their teachers and their school. All of the other students and parents I have met have been happy as well. We had intended to only send our children to Stratford until they were both elementary school age but now we are torn because we like the school so much, we may keep them in Stratford for longer. I wish every school in the country were as good as Stratford so that all students could have a supportive and challenging environment to learn in. And I love all of the cute little Stratford themed songs they learn at school and are found singing to themselves while playing (Stratford dinos, roarr roarr!).

Posted September 2, 2012

Terrific elementary school. The curriculum is easily one grade ahead of comparable grades at local public schools. A very attractive and compelling alternative to schools such as Challenger. Very approachable and professional principal. Among teachers, Mrs Chadha is especially well organized and kind to kids. Highly recommended for a well rounded 21st century education.

Posted April 1, 2012

This used to be a great school last year when my son went to PS. This year after a management change the place bacame gloomy and unwelcoming. The principal is very rude. I've seen her talk to her staff in a very demeaning way. I guess that explains why the teachers are so unfriendly this year. My son doesn't like her He says she scares him. If I worked here I would be scared of her too. I'm so glad that the elementary principal is amazing I will recommend this campus for elementary but not for preschool .

Posted February 28, 2012

Both my children went to stratford for preschool and preK and we feel it was a wonderful introduction to school.They got a good foundation in letter recognition,reading and math in a stressfree and fun way.The teachers are very responsible and care for the all round personality development of the children so the children are well behaved,smart,hygenic and responsible. They gain a lot of general knowledge about science .They learn lovely songs and presentation skills through their music class and performances.Parents are closely in the loop about what happens in school.Overall,I was very happy with the stratford AM programs for my children.

Posted February 18, 2012

My four year old son moved to Stratford De Anza from Los Angeles. The school has went beyond our expectation over the last six months. First few weeks, my son missed his old friends but now he looks forward to every day fun. The school is built upon solid academic foundation and employs well researched principles as the kids imbibe new concepts such as patterns and phonics. The teachers pay great attention to every kid and adjusts the material according to the child while encouraging them to do their best and maintaining high bar. The school Principal ensures highest standards are maintained in every class through her own increased class participation and constant parent feedback. The program structure has good mix of learning and play. The kids get along really well. Leadership opportunities are provided where kids get to present their mini project to the class. The teachers are cordial and work hard with the kids on correct letter/number writing and phonics. I highly recommend DeAnza park facility to the parents.

Posted February 11, 2012

Great School with good balance of academic and social environment. The teachers work together with children and help in their overall progress.We are very happy and would highly recommend this school!!

Posted February 7, 2012

I am a parent at the Stratford - Sunnyvale De Anza Campus and would like to share my positive experience at this school. My son has been at this campus for about a year and he is a happy camper. The teachers are dedicated, helpful and make time for meetings and generally have an open door policy. The principal and vice principal work as a team and believe in a hands-on approach and have a pretty good feel of what's going on. The school is well rounded ie both academics and extra curricular activities are offered and the school culture is mostly participative as opposed to being competitive. We are very happy here and wish the school well.

Posted February 7, 2012

The School is GREAT! Teachers are GREAT! Principals are excellent! and not to forget.. the Extended Care Staff at DeAnza is beyond comparison.. loving and caring!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 7, 2011

Not recommend at all. Unqualified teachers and principal just wasting your money.For sure, my son is not going to this school next year

Posted October 27, 2011

unfotunately, we had really bad experince in this school, in my openion, the k-teachers are unqulified, and can not help to kids. they ask you to work hard at home and send the student ready to school. so I ask them what you do and why you charge us if we have to make them ready. You pay $1350 for lazy teiachers who don't want to spend time with your kids. wasting money. and also new Principal doesn't know how to interact with kids as a prenicipal. Not recommended at all

Posted August 22, 2011

I cannot agree more with the previous comment. Teachers just do their routine and the pre-school principal is more focussed on enrollment rather than on improving the kid. The teachers do not help the kids get better and they just go about their timetable (I was able to audit their classes twice while it was in session) and they always get praised whether they did a good job or not. They know how to project to Indian parents. I do not recommend this school at all

Posted August 22, 2011

Teacher quality is very varied. It is like a lottery and in the name of positive reinforcement they commend the kid whether the kid did a good job or not. Science program is not good and hands-on experiments lacking. Kids learn a lot but do not retain in later years. Too much hand holding and not preparing the kid for real life. I will not recommend this school at all

Posted June 16, 2011

My son was enrolled in 2009 for pre-school at De Anza campus. It was not a good experience as the teacher always says, he had a wonderful day. End of the year, the report did not say anything. In the middle of the year, the teacher was recommending for morning session. The teacher was more inclined towards the kids, who can do things without direction. That should not be the case with students for whom it is the first experience at school. My kid had a very bad year without learning any skills or development. During that summer, my wife did the coaching and he was able to say numbers, colors, shapes, etc. I will blame in on the teacher for my sons poors performance. During my son's pre-K school year (2010-11), Ms.Suchitra Raj (Suchi), the teacher was very good. She infact made, my son come out of shyness and start interacting with his friends. My son started to sing, dance and all other things along with the class. Me and my wife give credit to the teacher for this kind of sea change in sons development. I rate it as the best year for my son.

Posted May 17, 2011

I have been a parent at Stratford School for the past 10 years. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of education, safe and nurturing environment, convinient campus locations and loving staff. I have looked into other private schools for my three children and could not find a better and well balanced school than Stratford. Now that my two older children are in college and high school, I continue to watch my youngest child blossom at Stratford. I highly recommend this school to any potential parent that's looking for quality!

Posted February 15, 2011

I think this school just want the money. No matter how you change your payment plan all the money you have put in is nonrefundable plus they still charged you 2 months more. I think their teachers are OK, I'm not very impressed but the Principal is not that professional especially for P-Kindergarten school at Fremont Curtis. Now I know they are opening a new campus site but I prefer switch my child to the other school that the payment charge is more reasonable. I would recommend you all that chose the Ten plan only and give them the check not the credit card. Believe me, so you won't get surcharge.

Posted February 13, 2011

Its a safe and well rounded learning environment. The only drawbacks are the variations in the quality of teachers and a very protective environment that doesn't prepare kids for real life.

Posted January 6, 2011

This is a terrific school with excellent teachers, and a very highly competent, customer-service oriented staff. My son is in his second year at Stratford DeAnza Park, and we are very pleased with his progress and the support we get from his teachers and school administrators. We have already enrolled for next year, which I never thought I would be doing because I am both very frugal and already live within the Cupertino School District bounds. So, our re-enrollment is saying a lot about how we feel about this school; even though my son would receive a very fine public school education, we choose to send him here. Needless to say, we have extremely high standards for our son's education, and Stratford DeAnza Park is exceeding them in every way.

Posted September 8, 2010

My daughter and I, love this campus and the school programs. She enjoys her learning and friendship with other students. She loves to go to school and always asks if she can stay a little longer when I pick her up. The principal is always available to answer any questions or concerns I may have and the office administrators always greet parents in a friendly way and ready to help. This is my daughter s 7th year in this campus and I believe the quality of education and the safe environment Stratford provides is worth every dollar, as well as my 2 hour commute every day.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 91% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Ms. Judy Burbank
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge