K-5|Private

Bad
Good

We loved this school and the staff from the bottom of our heart. My daughter started her very first school and since then the journey was super amazing. She was in this school for more than 2.5 years and built great memories.I can go on and on about the staff,they are super wonderful& warm.Ms Ashley has been a fabulous principal and a great person-you truly feel that your child is in perfect hands. They helped my daughter overcome the school anxiety and went above &beyond to create a fun environment for her. This school is an excellent combination of disciplaine and friendliness.They mantain a perfect balance between academics & fun/art etc other extra curricular activities. It's a place full of positve energy & warmth. I had to pull my daugther out since we bought a home in the 10/10 school district. Looking forward to send my son as soon as he qualifies the age criteria.

Kindergarten was a nightmare. Be prepared s spending at least 45 minutes on Homework and as additional 30 minutes on reading everyday. After 8 hours in school if you child still has the energy and focus for more academics this is the place. Also they don't foster the love for learning...learning is a task that has to be done.

The 3 reviews all written on the same day praising the Kindergarten program is a little fishy. My son attends Kindergarten here and I know that most parents of kindergarteners I would disagree with 3 raving reviews. I have got so many complaints about my son not focusing and emphasizing working with him more at home. They have weekly spelling tests and towards the latter half of the year, the words get complicated but there is very little practice done at school. They expect parents to get the child up to speed without any assistance from teachers. The teachers tend to put in a lot of work and teaching into the hands of parents (even though we pay a hefty amount of fees) Either you work on your child or watch them fail. Values such as self-confidence, individuality, and social behavior are overlooked. If you child is already in the 90th percentile this school will be perfect, but if your kid is between the 80th and 95th percentile, someone who has the potential but needs the extra nudge this is not the place. You will see yourself wasting your money and struggling through this system. It s a dilemma for working parents.

Good School. Clean Environment around. Nice set of teachers. Kids are always happy when they are in the school.

Stratford is a GREAT school. My younger son goes to Kindergarten at Stratford school in Washington park, Sunnyvale. The teachers are awesome, very friendly, well educated and passionate. The curriculum is challenging and is followed with discipline. Stratford school carefully balances studies with extra curricular activities. My son loves going to school every day.

Stratford is an awesome school!! I'm so happy with what my child is learning. Her confidence level is building, her spelling, reading, writing, and overall listening capabilities have all improved since starting Kindergarten. I love the structure of what their day all involves. I think those who think this type of schedule is too much need to consider that this is a private school and therefore it should exceed the setting of a public school and being more structured is appropriate. My child comes home feeling happy and confident. Her teachers are very caring and well educated. I will continue to send my child to Washington Park!

Being a paranoid parent I did a lot of research before choosing Stratford school for my daughter. She goes to the one on Washington park.Both preschool and pre K has a balanced curriculum with speciality teachers for Science and Spanish and live piano is a Bonus! The teachers are warm, loving and creative! Now, She is in Kindergarten and loves going to school everyday. Their golden ticket system and stop and think method is great! She not only follows that in school but applies it at home too. The kindergarten teachers are knowledgable, energetic and loving! I always felt welcome and my question were answered as soon as possible. Their spring and winter shows are phenomenal! I eagerly wait to see my daughter's performance every year.we are extremely happy and would recommend Washington park campus to everyone.

My daughter started going to stratford school from pre-school and now she is third grade. It has been a wonderful journey so far. She has blossomed into a wonderful girl because of the well-rounded and balanced curriculum. The school has provided a great balance of academics as well as extra-curricular activities, sports and also character education. Just the things that a child needs at this age is all present in the school environment with loving and well qualified teachers and a balanced curriculum. I am not finished yet. My son started pre-school this August and as I know him, he is a handful boy with lot of energy. Three months in the school and with great efforts, love and feedback from the classroom teachers he has learnt to chanalize his active energy to constructive work. He has learnt some letters and numbers along the way, which he is not even conscious of. It is a wonerful school for kids and I would highly recommend it.

Our 4 your old attends the 3 half days/week pre-K program. We are from the UK and were looking for a school with a good rounded academic & arts program..and we found it. My son absolutely loves going to Stratford. The three hour session is split into approx. 30min blocks (art, science, freeplay, math, English, story time etc.). In addition to the class teacher, there are specialist science, music and spanish teachers who join the class for the appropriate sessions. The teachers really think about how to make learning fun for little children e.g. pounding stones into clay to teach them how craters on the moon were made. His main teacher is excellent. She proactively shares what we can do at home and gives regular feedback on how he is getting on. The class size is small. The facilities are very good with air con. classrooms and good play equipment and space. My initial concern was that it would be too aggressively academically focused, but I have found that the program is very well rounded enabling him to explore art, develop his confidence & character whilst having fun learning.

The pre-k program is awesome they teachers are very nurturing and involved. Unfortunately Kindergarten on wards the teachers are quite clueless and absolutely do not encourage social responsibility or awareness. Too little time for physical activity and breaks, and they expect the children to focus focus and focus, I don't understand how they fail to understand the relationship between focus and physical activity. In any case I fear that most children will come out feeling less confident with lower self esteems if they do not take action and improve on teacher quality.

Last modified Stratford School is a Private school that serves grades K-5