Posted February 06, 2014
I wanted to indicate in this review specifically Mrs. Cummings Kim, 1st grader teach. Mrs. Cummings is what I call a teacher for life, a real educator. She comes every day to class for the children, she cares for their education, well being, got to know each chid with her/his needs. Mrs. Cummings knows how to motivate them as individuals and as a team.

Posted November 17, 2013
Starting this year my son started going to Stocklmeir school and is in second grade. It has been an incredibly positive experience for us and our son, because he is suddenly so focused in his education and is so motivated to put lot of hard work without any push from me. I would credit his class teacher Ms. Roberts for the encouragement and channeling him in the right direction! I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school with big community.My kid loves going to school because of Great teachers, Principal who is very friendly and lot of activities in the School.

Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
Through out the years with my kids in Stocklmeir I had seen teachers that have been tired from teaching. They become indiferent. One of those teachers done damage to my daughter's desire to study. And good teachers, especially male teachers are lacking.

Posted June 12, 2013
My first grader had a wonderful teacher this year. He is kind, patient and knowledgeable. He also encouraged the kids to learn through technology and it turned out to be quite fun and efficient. Each kid received a class book with all the good memories throughout the year. We feel blessed to have had such an awesome teacher.

Posted March 31, 2013
One parent asked why this school is in Sunnyvale, but is in the Cupertino School District...it depends on where a person lives in Sunnyvale that dictates the district. My daughter is in first grade here and has been going here since Kindergarten. I love both of her teachers so far. Some of the class kids that are disruptive are dealt with fairly and immediately. I for one am very happy about that. My daughter shouldn't be sidetracked by someone else's kid if they're disrupting the classroom. Anyhow, we pay the property taxes and live in the area, so it works out that our home school is an excellent one.

Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2012
Ok for some - unacceptable for others. Stocklmeir appears to have solid teachers and a well run program but quickly identifies children that needs extra help (or might bring their scores down) and attempts to "encourage" them out of the school. Cupertino district has a reputation for great test scores but it's because they make it nearly impossible for a kids with even minor learning challenges to want to be there. We didn't want to believe this reputation but unfortunately found it to be all too true. As soon as our student was identified with special needs, they quickly scrutinized her every move and she spent more time in the principals office then in class for the most minor of issues. We got the message.

Posted February 24, 2012
My daughter loves to go to school everyday and she is learning well. I like all the activities this school has running club, music, arts, etc.

Posted July 17, 2011
This school, like all the other Cupertino Union Schools, teaches to standardized tests. Unfortunately, it's school with approx. 1000 students. Principal is very good (albeit stretched). Teacher quality...very good. Parent involvement: the PTA tends to be a ladies club run mostly by Asian moms.

Posted January 30, 2011
Great school, very nice teachers & friendly environment. You feel safe to leave your kids here. I strongly recommend this school for any parents who wants to live in Sunnyvale & send kids to Cupertino schools.

Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School
592 Dunholme Way, Sunnyvale, CA  94087
Last modified Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top