Bad
Good

The school has some good teachers but the administration is not great. This has affected quality of staff a lot in the last few years. Last year had an attrition of staff, around 20%. The teachers, even those who truly used to care about well being of a child, have to channel their attention to academic benchmarks and worry about test scores. Last 6 years has seen 3 principal changes. Most of the issues are due to uncontrolled growth in size of school. With a team of 9-10 rooms of each grade, teachers cannot work as a team and frustration flows into the classroom as well.

Stocklmeir has been a great experience for my kids and our family's a a whole. We've had wonderful teachers so far and a great administration that really discourages bullying and encourages a positive learning environment. Despite the size, there is a good sense of community at this school and many parents who work very hard to provide nice extra programs for our kids. There are so many cultures at this school and Stocklmeir really embraces the diversity, which is incredibly positive for all of our kids. So glad to be sending my kids to a place where they can have a greater concept of the world around them, while still having pride in their small school community.

I wanted to indicate in this review specifically Mrs. Cummings Kim, 1st grader teach. Mrs. Cummings is what I call a teacher for life, a real educator. She comes every day to class for the children, she cares for their education, well being, got to know each chid with her/his needs. Mrs. Cummings knows how to motivate them as individuals and as a team.

Starting this year my son started going to Stocklmeir school and is in second grade. It has been an incredibly positive experience for us and our son, because he is suddenly so focused in his education and is so motivated to put lot of hard work without any push from me. I would credit his class teacher Ms. Roberts for the encouragement and channeling him in the right direction! I would highly recommend this school.

Great school with big community.My kid loves going to school because of Great teachers, Principal who is very friendly and lot of activities in the School.

Through out the years with my kids in Stocklmeir I had seen teachers that have been tired from teaching. They become indiferent. One of those teachers done damage to my daughter's desire to study. And good teachers, especially male teachers are lacking.

My first grader had a wonderful teacher this year. He is kind, patient and knowledgeable. He also encouraged the kids to learn through technology and it turned out to be quite fun and efficient. Each kid received a class book with all the good memories throughout the year. We feel blessed to have had such an awesome teacher.

One parent asked why this school is in Sunnyvale, but is in the Cupertino School District...it depends on where a person lives in Sunnyvale that dictates the district. My daughter is in first grade here and has been going here since Kindergarten. I love both of her teachers so far. Some of the class kids that are disruptive are dealt with fairly and immediately. I for one am very happy about that. My daughter shouldn't be sidetracked by someone else's kid if they're disrupting the classroom. Anyhow, we pay the property taxes and live in the area, so it works out that our home school is an excellent one.

Ok for some - unacceptable for others. Stocklmeir appears to have solid teachers and a well run program but quickly identifies children that needs extra help (or might bring their scores down) and attempts to "encourage" them out of the school. Cupertino district has a reputation for great test scores but it's because they make it nearly impossible for a kids with even minor learning challenges to want to be there. We didn't want to believe this reputation but unfortunately found it to be all too true. As soon as our student was identified with special needs, they quickly scrutinized her every move and she spent more time in the principals office then in class for the most minor of issues. We got the message.

My daughter loves to go to school everyday and she is learning well. I like all the activities this school has running club, music, arts, etc.

Last modified Louis E. Stocklmeir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.