Posted September 15, 2013
This is an outstanding school with excellent teachers that go above and beyond! 5 stars!

Posted August 30, 2013
This is truly a fantastic school. The teachers really go the extra effort to make our kids enjoy learning. I have had 3 kids at this school through the years. Our favorite teacher was Yates in the 4/5 combination class. We had him twice and he really made our children enjoy going to school each day. West Valley really is amazing because of teachers like him. The API is high and this is great, but the parents aren't overly concerned about it. We just want our kids to have a well rounded experience and they get it.

West Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
I am mostly pleased with this school. This is our 5th year and we'll be here for another 4 years. There are some teachers in each grade who are phenomenal and there are some in each grade who should either retire or rethink being a classroom teacher. I wish the teacher quality was a bit more even in the upper grades so that I didn't have to hold my breath when the classroom assignments come out. We have a new principal this year and she's gotten mixed reviews. The principal who left (went to a school closer to her home w/ later start time) was mostly well liked. Our new principal seems very concerned with following the rules and she pays close attention to management and the district office. Doesn't seem as flexible as the last principal. I haven't noticed a change in the amount of parent involvement since the new principal came, but I think her decreased flexibility and stiffness has put some parents off. I think the principal is trying to make things better, but I'm not sure all the parents agree that what she's doing is making the school better.

Posted October 12, 2012
West valley is a great elementary school it has a great API score. Well I know about the new principal but still this school is great school.

West Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2012
The new principal has absolutely wrecked this school! She knows how to manipulate and play the school system. Can't wait til my kids start Middle school. The teachers are split between those that are awesome and those that want to be the Principal's best friend. Everything is focused on the API at the cost of everything else.

Posted September 23, 2011
West Vallety is an amazing school with high star testing scores and wonderful teachers like Ms. Suh Mrs Jarrar ASnd Mrs Freiberg! five stars for west valley and tren out of ten ! my child got a six hundred on her star test in third grade! she is now in sixth at Cupertino Middle! She loves West Valley and could not be happier in any other school! "West valley takes a stride in being full with pride!"

West Valley Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2011
Since the new principal came to the school, it is apparent that she is only concerned about the teachers' welfare, not the students. It's a shame. It was such a good school. Result? Parents feel unappreciated and parental involvement has dropped dramatically. This has had a negative effect on every school program because (no surprise) they are all parent-run. Teachers just aren't interested. Also, a handful of the teachers are so apathetic that they are leaving the parking lot before parents have even picked up their kids - same teachers every day. PTA has had only ONE (wonderful) teacher interested enough to come to any meetings in at least seven years. Where is the teacher involvement in PTA? They just don't care. On the positive side, there ARE about 8-10 teachers who ARE loving, dedicated and just plain wonderful. I was honored to get to know them. Hope you get them, too.

West Valley Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted January 05, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009
I have my children at 2 different elementary schools due to other matters. I think Mrs. Brown is a very balanced principal. I am impressed in regards to the parent involvement and harmony of the school. I am looking to bring my other child back to this school due to the state budget cuts. The helpfulness in parents helps Tremendously. Too many families think it is up to the teacher to teach; this school focuses on the 'whole' and family is part of it. Surprised, 20 parent helpers per week this one teacher gets weekly! (2 am kinder, 2 pm kinder (32 kids total)) Children are happy and love going to school.

West Valley Elementary School
1635 Belleville Way, Sunnyvale, CA  94087
Last modified West Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top