628 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 13, 2016
The staff is all brand new, the community is fractured and divided. ....the parents who pushed for the removal of an entire staff of teachers at a top rated school, continue to infest the school with negativity. Volunteers are not stepping up with this culture ....

Posted April 24, 2016
The teaching staff at west valley elementary is new, and I feel this has been a breath of fresh air, with no complacency and renewed ideas and drive. We love the new teacher taking our child's class, who takes a lot of interest in student development. The student community is diverse and the kids are sharp ... which further contributes to West Valley being a great school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 04, 2015
All the staff at this school are brand new to the school in 2015. They are just beginning to lest the culture of the school and to get to know each other as colleagues and as a community. I would not choose to subject my student to this school at this time in its development.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 04, 2015
The teachers and administrators lacked modeling of this honesty, integrity and fairness. It was unfair to the children and irresponsible behavior on the part of the staff.

Posted November 04, 2015
I am surprised to see how of date these reviews are. There has been so much change at West Valley, that has not benefited the children. The entire Cupertino Union School District was shocked when the entire West Valley staff was reconstituted. Google West Valley to find out more . What a shame for children in their formative years!

Posted September 15, 2013
This is an outstanding school with excellent teachers that go above and beyond! 5 stars!

Posted August 30, 2013
This is truly a fantastic school. The teachers really go the extra effort to make our kids enjoy learning. I have had 3 kids at this school through the years. Our favorite teacher was Yates in the 4/5 combination class. We had him twice and he really made our children enjoy going to school each day. West Valley really is amazing because of teachers like him. The API is high and this is great, but the parents aren't overly concerned about it. We just want our kids to have a well rounded experience and they get it.

West Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
I am mostly pleased with this school. This is our 5th year and we'll be here for another 4 years. There are some teachers in each grade who are phenomenal and there are some in each grade who should either retire or rethink being a classroom teacher. I wish the teacher quality was a bit more even in the upper grades so that I didn't have to hold my breath when the classroom assignments come out. We have a new principal this year and she's gotten mixed reviews. The principal who left (went to a school closer to her home w/ later start time) was mostly well liked. Our new principal seems very concerned with following the rules and she pays close attention to management and the district office. Doesn't seem as flexible as the last principal. I haven't noticed a change in the amount of parent involvement since the new principal came, but I think her decreased flexibility and stiffness has put some parents off. I think the principal is trying to make things better, but I'm not sure all the parents agree that what she's doing is making the school better.

Posted October 12, 2012
West valley is a great elementary school it has a great API score. Well I know about the new principal but still this school is great school.

Posted August 24, 2012
The new principal has absolutely wrecked this school! She knows how to manipulate and play the school system. Can't wait til my kids start Middle school. The teachers are split between those that are awesome and those that want to be the Principal's best friend. Everything is focused on the API at the cost of everything else.

1635 Belleville Way, Sunnyvale, CA  94087-3926
Last modified West Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.