Sunnyvale, CA

Posted June 05, 2015
Today is the last day of my son's Transitional Kindergarten (Class of 2014/2015). We love everything about Braly especially our class teacher! The school is not too big which is perfect, in my opinion. The principal, teachers, staff and parents are helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this school.

Braly Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2015
I am now in high school, but after looking at this website, I decided to make a review of my elementary school, Braly. I went there from 3rd to 5th, so I don't know if it has changed or not. The academics in this school is pretty bad, I was a complete loner for all of elementary school because I was smart. However, if you have a smart kid going to this school, it will end soon because Peterson Middle School is great for academic achievers (The kids from Milikin and Laurelwood go there)

Posted May 11, 2015
The current Principal Ms. Marshall came to office just 2014 Fall. But I have to say, she is much better than the previous one. I am sure Braly will become better and better under her leadership. My son is in Kinder now. He is happy. I am happy he made a lot of friends from the families with all kinds of cultures. Small, but good!

Braly Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
Braly is not what it used to be. The old principal cared about the kids and did not tolerate bullying. She had a heart of gold and she stood for the principal of being safe, kind, and responsible. I am sad to say, it is not the same. If you have a shy child which tries to do the right thing and needs support and understanding, think twice before you go to Braly.

Posted January 20, 2015
Two of my kids attend Braly, and my youngest will start in the Fall. I love Braly. It's a great school, with fantastic teachers and staff, a wonderful community with the right amount of diversity, and awesome programs in place. The school is small in size, which I like, because kids don't get lost in the crowd, they are better able to develop their social-emotional skills/behaviors, more individual attention can be paid to students and their needs, and it's easier to get to know the community. People who are wrapped up in the scores of schools clearly don't understand that scores don't define a school. There are so many other, actually significant factors that come into play. And you're not really comparing apples to apples when you compare schools with different student body sizes, and different demographics. Interestingly enough, the schools with higher scores tend to have more incidents of bullying, depression, and sadly, suicides. I like the down to earth feel and the size of our community, and have been involved in the PTA, the school and my children's school work since day one. I have nothing but great things to say about Braly.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 12, 2014
This is my son's first yr... He's in Kinder! We love our teachers and the office staff :) the Principal is awesome!!! We love our cross guards dearly! My Son looks forward to going to school every morning! We LOVE OUR SCHOOL!!!

Braly Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
It's a shame this school has such a low rating because we love it in every way! This year my son started Kinder and I was so worried about signing him up for school, where to go, did I make the right decision...etc. We are extremely happy we are going to Braly and it all seems so silly now. It is a small school which I love, the principal knows everyone and is extremely active and personable, she is very involved. The Kinder teachers are wonderful and loving/caring, they are very on top of things and promoting good behavior, are big on anti-bullying and overall the activities and things my son has done in school so far have made him so excited to go here. I wish there were more staff/volunteers for recess and lunches, but that so far has been my only negative. Great school!
2 people found this helpful

Braly Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2014
Hello Future Parents of Braly, it is that time of year where everyone worrying about which school is best for our kid's first elementary experience. Is it a good school? Is the API high enough? Does it meet my academic standards? Will the school values match with my values and will the school work with my kid's learning style? Does it have enough activities? Does it have too much activities? Etc and etc.... I was one of that parent 5 years ago (search around for other schools). My first born is currently in 4th at Braly. This year, my youngest is in kinder at Braly. I can honestly say that my children blossomed under Braly in every way. This means academic and social emotional. So, come to the Open Enrollment Kinder Parents Tour on Tuesday, 1/14 at 9am or Tuesday, 1/28 at 9am to learn about Braly. PARENTS ONLY PLEASE!!!

Posted September 24, 2013
I love this school, if your looking for a great school. This is te school for your child. It's sad that the ratng is so low, it's only for th reasons parents don't get involved. I'm a parent and I'm a very happy parent, that my child loves his teachers and the kids that attend this school...

Posted July 29, 2013
My son attended Braly Elementary for 4+ years. This school is wonderful for kids learning. At times, the focus was more into bringing up the least performing kids up to the speed and thereby the above average kids get left out. Like any school, Braly has mix of great and ok teachers. Ms. Kamstra has done lot of improvements in the school compared to the previous principal. She has definitely contributed lot more towards safety and academic performance. The school suffered some setback with the API scores due to large exodus of people from the surrounding apartments as a result of huge rent increases. Nothing wrong with the school for the API going down. Its the same great teachers.

Braly Elementary School
675 Gail Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
Last modified Braly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Braly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top