Sunnyvale, CA

Posted January 12, 2014
This is my son's first yr... He's in Kinder! We love our teachers and the office staff :) the Principal is awesome!!! We love our cross guards dearly! My Son looks forward to going to school every morning! We LOVE OUR SCHOOL!!!

Posted January 07, 2014
It's a shame this school has such a low rating because we love it in every way! This year my son started Kinder and I was so worried about signing him up for school, where to go, did I make the right decision...etc. We are extremely happy we are going to Braly and it all seems so silly now. It is a small school which I love, the principal knows everyone and is extremely active and personable, she is very involved. The Kinder teachers are wonderful and loving/caring, they are very on top of things and promoting good behavior, are big on anti-bullying and overall the activities and things my son has done in school so far have made him so excited to go here. I wish there were more staff/volunteers for recess and lunches, but that so far has been my only negative. Great school!

Braly Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2014
Hello Future Parents of Braly, it is that time of year where everyone worrying about which school is best for our kid's first elementary experience. Is it a good school? Is the API high enough? Does it meet my academic standards? Will the school values match with my values and will the school work with my kid's learning style? Does it have enough activities? Does it have too much activities? Etc and etc.... I was one of that parent 5 years ago (search around for other schools). My first born is currently in 4th at Braly. This year, my youngest is in kinder at Braly. I can honestly say that my children blossomed under Braly in every way. This means academic and social emotional. So, come to the Open Enrollment Kinder Parents Tour on Tuesday, 1/14 at 9am or Tuesday, 1/28 at 9am to learn about Braly. PARENTS ONLY PLEASE!!!

Posted September 24, 2013
I love this school, if your looking for a great school. This is te school for your child. It's sad that the ratng is so low, it's only for th reasons parents don't get involved. I'm a parent and I'm a very happy parent, that my child loves his teachers and the kids that attend this school...

Posted July 29, 2013
My son attended Braly Elementary for 4+ years. This school is wonderful for kids learning. At times, the focus was more into bringing up the least performing kids up to the speed and thereby the above average kids get left out. Like any school, Braly has mix of great and ok teachers. Ms. Kamstra has done lot of improvements in the school compared to the previous principal. She has definitely contributed lot more towards safety and academic performance. The school suffered some setback with the API scores due to large exodus of people from the surrounding apartments as a result of huge rent increases. Nothing wrong with the school for the API going down. Its the same great teachers.

Posted October 01, 2012
BRALY IS A TOP NOTCH SCHOOL! My son thoroughly excelled during his 3 amazing years at Braly, and is now excelling in Peterson Plus. Braly totally prepared him for middle school! There s a tremendous Writing Program, 4th & 5th grade Alex and Math Olympiad, participation in District Science Fair, and 3rd through 5th grade have weekly Critical Thinking class! Teams include Football & Volleyball and the PE teacher is awesome! The PTA supplements a fabulous Music Program, Reflections Arts, and many events and assemblies. Safety is key & anti-bullying strategies are worked on daily. Children learn boundaries & respect! The principal s compassionate wisdom, fairness, flexibility and open door policy is a stand out! (The Kids adore her!) The exceptional & supportive teachers and staff exhibit advanced levels of care. Their IEP/Resource is a cut above! There is a strong and close community of families and a constant striving to improve process. We are so happy we chose Braly for our son s 3rd through 5th grade experience. We highly recommend this academic dream! Check it out. Peruse their website and go talk with Ms. Kamstra and see for yourself. Truly a Great School!

Posted April 05, 2012
This is our second year at Braly. My daughter loves her school a lot. Currently she is in First grade and her teacher Ms Smith is absolutely wonderful though we did not find kindergarten experience as great as first grade !

Posted August 10, 2011
This is our second year at braly. Last Year my daughter's teacher was great , but the management wasn't much. We need our children to learn more in math/art/music and science, but by the budget cut it's impossible. as a parent we should donate some money so our children can have a better education.

Braly Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2011
My daughter has been in Braly for 2 years, she is in 1st grade now. I've liked her teachers so far. They have been very attentive to the students and really encouraged reading, comprehension and writing in the class room. I am not impressed with Math and Science thus far. I hope it has more focus in 2nd Grade. I wish there were more arts/music/sports programs in school. But it is not from lack of trying. District wide budget cuts have hit hard on extra programs.The PTA is trying very hard and help with fundraising for the schools extra curricular activities but they need many more members and involvement from the parent community to make a big difference and have a big impact. Ms. Kamstra is an okay principal but I feel like she is hard to approach and does not come across as a very friendly person. I've been here two years and have had very little interaction with her. I feel like its easier to approach my daughters' teacher for various matters regarding the school and district policies etc. than to talk to her. The school is very particular about safety of their students and have many procedures in place and enforce it strongly to make sure kids and parents feel safe.

Braly Elementary School 0

Posted October 24, 2010
This is our second year at Braly and my daughter loves her school, the teachers and staff are pasionated about their job. I also would like to mention the staff at the Extended Day Program, they are amazing and a big help for us. We feel really fortunate for being part of Braly!.

Braly Elementary School
675 Gail Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
Last modified Braly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Braly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top