Bad
Good

The school is a mixed bag. If your kid is fairly responsible and independent, then I think he or she will do just fine. I do see some students struggling to grasp what they're supposed to learn and having trouble getting the attention of their teachers. My kids have done fine here so I'm lucky. The teachers that we've encountered are mostly good. I think they generally care about the students, but they're limited in their time. There is one teacher that picks on the students for no apparent reason. It does make the kids feel bad, but I guess bullying must be okay as long as it comes from a teacher. I've been told that it has been a problem in past years too.

We had a good beginning at Peterson and our son was excited and he signed up for Peterson Plus. Well, this turned out to be a joke. His teacher is extremely inconsistent. She loses homeworks, changes collection dates, does not update the school loop site and argues with students to "win an argument". He even told my so not to trust school loop, even when the school and the district heavily advertises school loop as a great tool for parents. She does not teach in class and does not grade all homework. It is very discouraging for my son to put all that effort in the homework only to be graded for "turning it in". My son is an honor student so I am not complaining because he is not getting good grades. We are just tired of dealing with this teacher's inconsistency. She turned my son off from school. Next year we are sending him to a different school.

This school is pretty good, I went there for 6th, 7th and most of 8th and I enjoyed my time here. This is one of the few middle schools that offers honors classes for English and Science, making it an excellent choice for academics. This school also has numerous extracurricular activities, such as the Peterson Math Club, all doing well and great fun. Even though it does not have the stronger API of schools in the Cupertino Union School District, the kids in honors classes are to equal level of those students. The API of this school is only 889 because there are some dumb kids, compared to the mostly asian Lawson and Miller middle school.

Love this school as a parent. Love the teachers and the staff. Great academics, sports and after school clubs. The students attending this school are well behaved and disciplined. The PMS School loop email system is great and as a parent I am able to get my kid's home work schedules and grades on a daily/weekly basis. Highly recommend this school to other parents. The counselors are great and very approachable. Love the school.

Very good school. We love Mr. Masur, the new Vice Principal. He is very approachable and fair. Always actively engage with students. Most teachers in Peterson are great! Very willing to help yet let the kids also be independent. Right amount of homework. If you want to your kids to learn, let them go to Peterson. Also, many parents participates in activities like Bake Sale, Staff luncheon, Book Sale, etc. We love Peterson MS. Go Pirates!!!!

Our son has greatly enjoyed his 6th grade teachers and succeeded beyond our expectations. They have motivated him to become an independent learner and inspired him to work to his full potential. We are very happy he has access to the incredible nature center, and some opportunity to visit the adjacent Full Circle Farm, which we hope will continue to be able to collaborate with the school. For now, we couldn't be happier, and look forward to next year.

As a student who is currently enrolled in this place some call "school" I have to say, although challenging this school has a large assortment of activities for you to participate in. I call this a "school" because I feel it's more of a fun, social experience rather than a place for learning, but don't get me wrong, this school can be tough if you don't stay on top of your work. GOOOO PIRATES - LeDeau

I`m not a student yet, I`m going to be next year though. At my grade school, people think "The Nerds" at school only go to Peterson. Or, "Only lucky people go to Peterson" Well...a little offensive, and some people think that this school is full of smart people. I think there`s more smart people in Peterson than Cabrillo. A lot of people say that Peterson is a excellent school. I looked around the whole school once and I thought this was much better and cleaner than Cabrillo. Peterson looks like a great school. I think everyone should have the same opinion.

You know, there are a lot of reviews on this site about "the teachers are bad" and "I have no friends," but that's really a personal issue, none more. Everyone has their own interpretation of others, not all students can be open-minded an accepted by others. Everyone is given a chance, time after time at Peterson, and it's just up to the student to choose to take it. Those who don't won't have the best experience, and those who do will come out and love the school. I had a wonderful time at Peterson, and thought all the staff members were wonderful. You may believe they are rude and unassuming, but you didn't get to know them for three years. You can't generalize off of a ten minute encounter. And every teacher is great, it's one hell of a job. You have to love what you do very much to be able to put up with some of the students. You won't like a teacher if they don't like you, and if you're a rude, lowly, reproachful student, you're not going to have a good time. But that's on you, not on the teachers. --Peterson Graduate of 2013

This is one if the best middle school's ever. The teachers are great and so are the students!!! GOOOOOOOO..... PIRATES :)

Last modified Marian A. Peterson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.