Posted November 05, 2014
Love this school as a parent. Love the teachers and the staff. Great academics, sports and after school clubs. The students attending this school are well behaved and disciplined. The PMS School loop email system is great and as a parent I am able to get my kid's home work schedules and grades on a daily/weekly basis. Highly recommend this school to other parents. The counselors are great and very approachable. Love the school.

Posted May 25, 2014
Very good school. We love Mr. Masur, the new Vice Principal. He is very approachable and fair. Always actively engage with students. Most teachers in Peterson are great! Very willing to help yet let the kids also be independent. Right amount of homework. If you want to your kids to learn, let them go to Peterson. Also, many parents participates in activities like Bake Sale, Staff luncheon, Book Sale, etc. We love Peterson MS. Go Pirates!!!!

Marian A. Peterson Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2014
Our son has greatly enjoyed his 6th grade teachers and succeeded beyond our expectations. They have motivated him to become an independent learner and inspired him to work to his full potential. We are very happy he has access to the incredible nature center, and some opportunity to visit the adjacent Full Circle Farm, which we hope will continue to be able to collaborate with the school. For now, we couldn't be happier, and look forward to next year.

Posted March 06, 2014
As a student who is currently enrolled in this place some call "school" I have to say, although challenging this school has a large assortment of activities for you to participate in. I call this a "school" because I feel it's more of a fun, social experience rather than a place for learning, but don't get me wrong, this school can be tough if you don't stay on top of your work. GOOOO PIRATES - LeDeau

Marian A. Peterson Middle School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
I`m not a student yet, I`m going to be next year though. At my grade school, people think "The Nerds" at school only go to Peterson. Or, "Only lucky people go to Peterson" Well...a little offensive, and some people think that this school is full of smart people. I think there`s more smart people in Peterson than Cabrillo. A lot of people say that Peterson is a excellent school. I looked around the whole school once and I thought this was much better and cleaner than Cabrillo. Peterson looks like a great school. I think everyone should have the same opinion.

Posted June 28, 2013
You know, there are a lot of reviews on this site about "the teachers are bad" and "I have no friends," but that's really a personal issue, none more. Everyone has their own interpretation of others, not all students can be open-minded an accepted by others. Everyone is given a chance, time after time at Peterson, and it's just up to the student to choose to take it. Those who don't won't have the best experience, and those who do will come out and love the school. I had a wonderful time at Peterson, and thought all the staff members were wonderful. You may believe they are rude and unassuming, but you didn't get to know them for three years. You can't generalize off of a ten minute encounter. And every teacher is great, it's one hell of a job. You have to love what you do very much to be able to put up with some of the students. You won't like a teacher if they don't like you, and if you're a rude, lowly, reproachful student, you're not going to have a good time. But that's on you, not on the teachers. --Peterson Graduate of 2013

Posted March 13, 2013
This is one if the best middle school's ever. The teachers are great and so are the students!!! GOOOOOOOO..... PIRATES :)

Posted October 30, 2012
I am currently a student at Peterson. It is an amazing school! The staff is ready to help the kids, no matter what the problems. The nature center makes science easy, and more more fun.

Posted September 15, 2012
My daughter and I love this school, I can't believe that my daughter jumps out of bed at 6:20AM just to make it early to school, she made a lot of nice friends, is challenged by the educational program, and above all she is SAFE, there is no bullying. The Peterson + program for 6th grade was very challenging, they have honor classes for 7thand 8th grade, and an extremely competitive after school math club. The school offers so many electives to choose from and about 15 after school clubs. The principal is involved in every little detail, she's always around campus and knows the students by their names, she's always available to listen patiently to both parents and students, and helps students feel loved and safe at Peterson, she's doing an excellent job. The teachers are wonderful, the administration staff are so professional and organized, and the counselors are so knowledgeable. The PTSA is amazing, and shows how much parents are involved at Peterson. I'm so looking forward to my younger daughter joining this great school.

Posted March 15, 2012
This is the best school I've ever been to. The teachers are wonderful and so are the students. Supervision is excellent, they even have surveillance cameras. The library is huge and has a variety of books. The principal and vice principal are very active, and very involved. There is absolutely no bullying. The curriculum is very challenging. I Love my school.

Marian A. Peterson Middle School
1380 Rosalia Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94087
Last modified Marian A. Peterson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marian A. Peterson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top