Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

PMS is a nice school; I personally had a great experience here. But if you find the wrong people to hang out with, it is not pleasant. IMO the principal and Vice Principal are not the best and have too much attitude. But the techaers are AWESOME!!! Especially Funcheon, Tito, Teng, Heidig, Asekomeh, Hanel, Advincula, Yee, Hull, and finally PICKARD!!!! Peterson is a good school and if you get the right teachers and find the right friends, you will have a wonderful time there!

Develops character: Neutral

Depends on the people you hang around with. Peterson is filled with cliques so try to find your way.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Again, it depends on the teacher. But all my teachers were great and effective; they were fun but also taught you stuff.

Amount of homework: Neutral

If you are in honors, the homework is more effective than that of a normal class. It also depends on your teacher.

My son started 5th grade at Peterson and our experience so far is amazing! We moved from Cupertino district, so I can compare. Everything about this school is great: the teachers, the Academics, the amazing facility, the clubs, even the food in the cafeteria. The teachers encourage the kids to be independent and hold them to high standards. I feel that my son has made a lot of progress both academically and with his "life" skills. The facility is huge with a swimming pool and in a walking proximity to organic farm, the kids visit it on a regular basis. We're also very happy with the Peterson Plus advanced program in Social Science and the Science class.

The school is a mixed bag. If your kid is fairly responsible and independent, then I think he or she will do just fine. I do see some students struggling to grasp what they're supposed to learn and having trouble getting the attention of their teachers. My kids have done fine here so I'm lucky. The teachers that we've encountered are mostly good. I think they generally care about the students, but they're limited in their time. There is one teacher that picks on the students for no apparent reason. It does make the kids feel bad, but I guess bullying must be okay as long as it comes from a teacher. I've been told that it has been a problem in past years too.

We had a good beginning at Peterson and our son was excited and he signed up for Peterson Plus. Well, this turned out to be a joke. His teacher is extremely inconsistent. She loses homeworks, changes collection dates, does not update the school loop site and argues with students to "win an argument". He even told my so not to trust school loop, even when the school and the district heavily advertises school loop as a great tool for parents. She does not teach in class and does not grade all homework. It is very discouraging for my son to put all that effort in the homework only to be graded for "turning it in". My son is an honor student so I am not complaining because he is not getting good grades. We are just tired of dealing with this teacher's inconsistency. She turned my son off from school. Next year we are sending him to a different school.

This school is pretty good, I went there for 6th, 7th and most of 8th and I enjoyed my time here. This is one of the few middle schools that offers honors classes for English and Science, making it an excellent choice for academics. This school also has numerous extracurricular activities, such as the Peterson Math Club, all doing well and great fun. Even though it does not have the stronger API of schools in the Cupertino Union School District, the kids in honors classes are to equal level of those students. The API of this school is only 889 because there are some dumb kids, compared to the mostly asian Lawson and Miller middle school.

Love this school as a parent. Love the teachers and the staff. Great academics, sports and after school clubs. The students attending this school are well behaved and disciplined. The PMS School loop email system is great and as a parent I am able to get my kid's home work schedules and grades on a daily/weekly basis. Highly recommend this school to other parents. The counselors are great and very approachable. Love the school.

Very good school. We love Mr. Masur, the new Vice Principal. He is very approachable and fair. Always actively engage with students. Most teachers in Peterson are great! Very willing to help yet let the kids also be independent. Right amount of homework. If you want to your kids to learn, let them go to Peterson. Also, many parents participates in activities like Bake Sale, Staff luncheon, Book Sale, etc. We love Peterson MS. Go Pirates!!!!

Last modified Marian A. Peterson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.