Posted June 05, 2014
My child attended Ponderosa from Kindergarten through 5th grade, and enjoyed every single moment of it. From the principal, Mrs. Jackson--who is a consummate professional with a loving heart and kind ear-- to all of the devoted and dedicated teachers, I simply could not have asked for better than what I found in this school. The teachers genuinely care about the academic success of each and every student, not just a select few. Whether your child needs additional support in their studies or desire a more rigorous academic challenge, most of the teachers will do what it takes to meet your child's needs. There is a strong PTA presence that strives to enrich the social and cultural side of the school in addition to providing much needed fundraising efforts. Although this is Mrs. Jackson's last year (2014) as Principal, there is a lot of optimism and confidence in the new principal, Mrs. Meltzer, an individual in her own right who is highly respected and regarded. My daughter's experience at Ponderosa was better than what other school districts or private schools offered and if I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. Highly recommend!

Ponderosa Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2013
My daughter finished her Kindergarten in Ponderosa, and it was a great year for her at school. Her Kindergarten Teacher for always very responsive, and addressed my daughter's academic, social as well as artistic needs. The Principal is very approachable, and dedicated to the school programs. The PTA group does a great job in supporting various events, and communication with parents is great. I will definitely recommend the school!

Posted May 23, 2012
I'm very happy with Ponderosa. I have two daughters my oldest one has been going there for 4 years and youngest one for 2 years. So far I have liked all of there teachers. I like Mrs. Jackson I think she does a GREAT JOB.

Posted September 19, 2011
My daughter just started her kindergarten here at Ponderosa. She loves it ! Her teacher is very caring for her students. We are happy at this school.

Posted July 20, 2010
My child has been attending Ponderosa school since last three years and we are very pleased with his progress. Overall, he is very happy in the school especially when we moved him from Challenger school. Teachers pay attention on a 1:1 basis and get parents involved when needed. Staff and principal is very supportive to innovative ideas (in the time of budget crisis) and implement those ideas. We are fortunate to be in the neighborhood of Ponderosa school. I will highly recommend this school.

Ponderosa Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2009
It is one of the best schools. I am very blessed to have my son study in that school.

Posted June 29, 2009

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted August 11, 2008
My son went to this school and i can say this is one of the best school he has attended.The teachers here are great and principal is very very experienced.This school has played a major role in developing neighbourhood areas.

Posted May 15, 2007
I think it's a great school. The language curriculum is fantastic! Teachers are very educated and caring. It's very easy to meet and talk with them. All the parents know each other and the kids. Our new principal is very strong and the PTA is excellent. We have lots of events and activities going on. I'm happy that my son attends Ponderosa.

Ponderosa Elementary School
804 Ponderosa Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top