Posted December 09, 2014
This school has grown tremendously over last several years. Classroom size is growing (used to be 20 students/teacher). Unfortunately, there is such high turnaround not only with students, which is fine, but with teachers and the principal! Although this school got high API score with a 10 rating, there are some bad teachers. Can be a nightmare if your child gets one of them.

Posted March 04, 2014
PTA works really hard. Children are competitive. However, It is hard to get help from teachers, either "no time" or no respond to e-mails. My questions may be around once every two months. It is not too much disturbing to the class teacher. I wish the principal could ask the feedback to each family about class teacher. I guess it is free public education. We only can be grateful for any treatment that we receive and cannot ask for more than that. I really do not know whether parents deserve getting attention from teachers or we are using extra time from teacher, which is not allowed.

Posted August 05, 2013
Great school, very good parent communication and attention given to every child. Would definitely recommend.

Posted August 01, 2013
my school is the best. it is the greatest school in the whole world. I am waiting very eagerly for my school to get open.

Posted September 15, 2012
This school is growing like crazy. A few years back, there were a little over 500 students and now there are close to 850. With so many students, and limited space and supervision, the quieter kids were getting lost. Now, they started a great program run called the Fun Zone during the 10 minute recess. It's a classroom opened up for students to come hang out and do arts, games, origami and so much more. We hope to see similar initiatives sprout up in the future! There are many wonderful capable parents who are 100% committed and very involved at the school. It's a place you can come to join the community or start building your own. But you do need to invest your time to be part of the community. We have a new principal this year and she is warm and inviting. My hope is that she will be able to bring a warm and trusting environment to the students, parents and the teachers. Academics are generally good but quality of teachers can vary. There is a large disparity of homework load among teachers even within the same grade. Some teachers don't even check homework themselves or keep a keen eye on student correction so they don't have a clue when students are struggling.

Posted September 10, 2012
I absolutley love CHerry CHase. Excellent parent involvement. Strong PTA which funds many after school activities, PE, FAME. Teachers are very responsive and awesome

Posted May 28, 2012
Love, love, love this school. Third grade is an awesome team of teachers. Challenging curriculum, high expectations and wonderful support. Great community school. I have always had great communication from my child's teachers.

Posted November 27, 2011
I have been very disappointed with the curriculum, class size, communication about child progress/problems and the general behavior and respect that students have for each other. I started my daughter here in with the expectation that becasue the school had a 10/10 on this site as well as being a Blue Ribbon school, I would not have many issues with the education. I was wrong and now I am scrambing to find another school for my daughter for the next school year. Here are a couple of concrete examples of what I view as problems: 1) Almost no feedback - returning of HW or tests on regular basis. 2) Teahcers don't actually correct the HW, onl o only loo, to see if it was done. I have addressed these problems with the teacher, but there aree too many things that need correcting. Overall I am not impressed with the school.

Posted August 24, 2011
A wonderful school, great family community that is as diverse as the area in which we live. Wonderful and enriching offering of after school programs, in school PTA programs as well as fun family centered activities. International Night, the Fall Festival - Halloween event, and a great Walk-a-thon are just a few. Dedicated parents and some totally absent parents (same as anywhere).

Posted June 04, 2011
I absolutely love Cherry Chase!!! The teachers, students, and parent volunteers are very kind and easy to talk to. All my teachers always help their students and respect them. The school's principal is a great leader and organizes school activities nicely.

Cherry Chase Elementary School
1138 Heatherstone Way, Sunnyvale, CA  94087
Last modified Cherry Chase Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Chase Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top