Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2016
Great parent participation...great teachers...not as crowded as other schools! School is very much what support and input you put into it.

Posted April 07, 2013
My 2 kids go to this school, and they are very happy with their teachers, friends and environment. My wife and I are happy that they love going to school, have wonderful diverse friends, are learning and are also challenged at times. The silver lining in lower homework load is that it gives more time for other activities. Quite a few PTA run activities - School Garden, Foreign language, Marathon club, Motor Perception, Band, Computer programming, Lego Junior and Senior clubs, Project Cornerstone, Geography club, School Site Council, FAME, Starting Arts, International Night, Kiln/Pottery, Young Rembrandts, Variety Show and much more.

Posted June 25, 2012
Excellent school. PTA is great - After-school programs are great - Academic focus is very good - special mention : math olympiad was a great experience for my child although the teacher could have done better - computer programming class was fun - our child's fifth grade teacher was amazing in his commitment to get students ready for middle school. All-in-all a wonderful school and wish the middle school would be as great.

Posted June 19, 2012
This elementary school was an important part of my childhood. I have so many fond memories of the wonderful teachers and how they shaped me as a young child. From my 4th grade teach who would play us classical music and have us listen and the haiku poems that we wrote. To my quirky 6th grade science teacher who always had the joke of the day. And who knew how to make his classroom the best by all the jars of hearts,eyeballs, small baby pigs!! Yes was the best.. I only have great things to say as a former student. I wish all future students the same great opportunity of learning and friendships. I have the same friends from that school to this day.. Learning can be fun with teachers that have a zest and an honest like of children and of what they do. I loved this school and it still rings clearly in my head and heart as a 40 year old adult..

Posted March 02, 2012
Have 2 kids in this school. Very happy with the school. There are teachers who are excellent and then there are teachers who are average. But the Parent involvement is very good and you can always check with the teacher to see how your kids are doing. The recently started CCPA program (run by parents afterschool) is great to give the cumberland kids a head start in computer programing world. Very satisfied with my kids progress and the awesome parent volunteers.

Posted June 05, 2011
I have two kids at this school. Great place. PTA is active. Wiah California wouls get its act together. Parents and school compensate for lack of state funding.

Cumberland Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2011
Ahhh. Brings back good memories, this school. I used to go here when I was little (in Gr.9 now :P, living in Canada). And I can remember every little detail. The waterpark behind my house, the Toys'R'Us nearby, even the Safeway! All I can say is that this school was, and still is (im hoping) the best school ever. My teachers though, were even better! Why, the whole class pitched in and bought me toys and stuff on my last day of school there! Can anybody please tell me if Mrs.Johnson still is the principal there and if Mrs.Bruno, Mrs.Blascke, and Mrs. Karmirantzos still work there?

Posted October 13, 2010
Cumberland Elementary is a wonderful school. I see my son enjoying school, I am grateful knowing he is content and happy in these begining years of his life..

Posted September 16, 2009
The parents and teachers work together very creatively to provide successful educational programs and profitable fundraisers.

Posted January 30, 2008
My daughter is in kindergarten and she loves going to school and thinks great of her teacher. She says she wishes the school times were longer since it is fun to be at school. The teacher is excellent and the parents in the class are very involved. There are so many extracurricular activities done by parent volunteers every day of the week in the class. I couldn't have picked a better public school for elementary school. I give it a 5 Star.

824 Cumberland Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94087-1221
Last modified Cumberland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.