Sunnyvale, CA

Posted October 31, 2014
It's really ashamed how the school has not been taken care of in the last 2 years, because they don't want to spend any money. The areas where our kids eat are filthy, the cafeteria is completely run down and old, and they haven't painted or power washed the outside area where our children play or the bathrooms since last year. It is a good thing that we have a great teacher for our son, otherwise he would be going elsewhere. It is unnecessary and not acceptable for a child's school to be run down, especially when us parents are always contributing funds in one way or another.

Posted April 02, 2014
First experience with USA public school and wow... This school is really good. Perfect blend of Education, extra curricular and fun... Principal Eric is the best thing which happened to this school. Spends lot of efforts in making this happen and looks like this is the only school is district where student - iPad ratio is 1:1.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have two students currently enrolled at this school, a 3rd grader and Kindergartner. In general, our experience with this school has been mostly positive. My 3rd grader has had some wonderful teachers, including the current teacher. With my 3rd grader, I have seen great academic growth and continue to do so. In general the Kindergarten team is a strong one, but some are stronger than others. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that my Kindergartner has one of the stronger, more enthusiastic teachers at the school. I think the principal is an effective leader and advocate of the student population, very personable and available. While he may be the head of the school, the teachers are the heart and soul of this school. Overall, this school is only as good as the teacher your student/s get/s.

Posted October 27, 2013
My child has been lucky to have amazing teachers while at Ellis these last 3 years, but I just wish we had more control over choosing leadership and how the school is being run. Much has changed over the past 2 years and some def. not in the best interest of the kids. We have decided that our family will hang in there because my child only has 1.5 years left, but hopefully things improve going forward instead of decline further..

Posted September 02, 2013
my son loves Ellis school. Teachers are nice and wish the school gets more recognition/funding.

Ellis Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
I can't say enough about how great it is to work at Ellis Elementary School in the Sunnyvale Elementary School District. Mr. Panosian, our principal as of last Fall, has all the qualities of a great principal. One of his priorities is the incorporation of technology at each grade level, and because of this, Ellis is meeting the needs of its students to get them ready for middle school. The staff is friendly and works well together and the office staff is always willing to help us with our requests. Our PTO is run by a wonderful group of parents and has fundraisers to provide our students with arts related activities including tickets to local theatre productions and several art lessons throughout the school year, among other things. Any parent would be lucky to have their child attend Ellis.

Posted May 16, 2013
The teachers are very kind and . I am happy with the academics in this school. My daughter loves going to this school.

Posted March 10, 2013
Hi Everyone, My first kid had a very nice time since kinder ,now she is in 5th grade.I have seen lot of improvement in her studies, activities,life skills, social skills,understanding the topics,individuality . The teachers are excellent ,supportive, helping, encouraging, understanding and more like a friend, in all stages. We have seen ups and downs in the school by changing of teachers and changing of principals. The Teachers are so good that they don't burden the kids , they give very less work that can be done with in 30 minutes to 1 hour. I am even getting registration done for my second kid. He will be going for kindergarten. The teacher respond to parents when they want help or any type of questions . Since K- 5 I have been getting very nice response and hospitality from staff people. The Students after leaving ELLIS they still remember their teachers and they contact them. They say that they are really proud to be one os the ELLIS ELEMENTARY students. I wish ELLIS SCHOOL to get more ratting and good API SCORE and a BRIGHT FUTURE . Thanks for seeing this review.Have a great time at ELLIS SCHOOL.

Ellis Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2013
This school used to have a great reputation of being caring & compassionate until recently when the new Principal was hired. I have heard parents complain about situations that have occurred with their children that have gone un-resolved and swept under the rug because he doesn't care to handle the issues. I have also noticed while being around the school that he is also very rude & lacks the social skills required to be a principal, it's very frustrating!! It is very sad that after all of these years of hard work by Ms. Butler to become an accredited school, that he is taking this school down the tubes like he did at Bishop Elementary. I am currently evaluating other options for my children to attend another school. I refuse to have them attend a school that is being run someone who only cares about the paycheck, his relationship status with the male teachers and keeping his friendships closely intact with district employees. It's extremely sad & disappointing that the district allows this behavior to continue!!

Posted April 01, 2012
The principal Mrs. Butler helps everyone. She takes the time to meet parents when their kids need help. She is very kind and makes Ellis a great school.

Ellis Elementary School
550 East Olive Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
Last modified Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top