Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Ellis Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 08, 2015
As a teacher at Ellis, I want to thank the wonderful group of parent volunteers who help to provide us with support and resources to help our students access activities and programs beyond the District provided curriculum. THANK YOU, ALL!

Posted August 27, 2015
The teachers and staff are great and very encouraging to the students. My daughter has gone here for last year and I am highly satisfied with the education she is getting. The class population is very diverse, a reflection of Silicon Valley, and the International Festival was a lot of fun and well run. The neighborhood is nice and safe and I like that a lot of kids walk to school here. I am glad that my daughter is in this school.

Posted April 30, 2015
The teachers and staff are great and very encouraging to the students. My son has gone here for the past three years and I am highly satisfied with the education he is getting. The class population is very diverse, a reflection of Silicon Valley, and the International Festival was a lot of fun and well run. The neighborhood is nice and safe and I like that a lot of kids walk to school here. The school reinforces the kids to be thoughtful and kind and the Cornerstone Project is a bonus. I am glad that my son is in the school. I wish that it included a middle school.

Posted October 31, 2014
It's really ashamed how the school has not been taken care of in the last 2 years, because they don't want to spend any money. The areas where our kids eat are filthy, the cafeteria is completely run down and old, and they haven't painted or power washed the outside area where our children play or the bathrooms since last year. It is a good thing that we have a great teacher for our son, otherwise he would be going elsewhere. It is unnecessary and not acceptable for a child's school to be run down, especially when us parents are always contributing funds in one way or another.

Posted April 02, 2014
First experience with USA public school and wow... This school is really good. Perfect blend of Education, extra curricular and fun... Principal Eric is the best thing which happened to this school. Spends lot of efforts in making this happen and looks like this is the only school is district where student - iPad ratio is 1:1.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have two students currently enrolled at this school, a 3rd grader and Kindergartner. In general, our experience with this school has been mostly positive. My 3rd grader has had some wonderful teachers, including the current teacher. With my 3rd grader, I have seen great academic growth and continue to do so. In general the Kindergarten team is a strong one, but some are stronger than others. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that my Kindergartner has one of the stronger, more enthusiastic teachers at the school. I think the principal is an effective leader and advocate of the student population, very personable and available. While he may be the head of the school, the teachers are the heart and soul of this school. Overall, this school is only as good as the teacher your student/s get/s.

Posted October 27, 2013
My child has been lucky to have amazing teachers while at Ellis these last 3 years, but I just wish we had more control over choosing leadership and how the school is being run. Much has changed over the past 2 years and some def. not in the best interest of the kids. We have decided that our family will hang in there because my child only has 1.5 years left, but hopefully things improve going forward instead of decline further..

Posted September 02, 2013
my son loves Ellis school. Teachers are nice and wish the school gets more recognition/funding.

Ellis Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
I can't say enough about how great it is to work at Ellis Elementary School in the Sunnyvale Elementary School District. Mr. Panosian, our principal as of last Fall, has all the qualities of a great principal. One of his priorities is the incorporation of technology at each grade level, and because of this, Ellis is meeting the needs of its students to get them ready for middle school. The staff is friendly and works well together and the office staff is always willing to help us with our requests. Our PTO is run by a wonderful group of parents and has fundraisers to provide our students with arts related activities including tickets to local theatre productions and several art lessons throughout the school year, among other things. Any parent would be lucky to have their child attend Ellis.

Posted May 16, 2013
The teachers are very kind and . I am happy with the academics in this school. My daughter loves going to this school.

Ellis Elementary School
550 East Olive Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94086-6345
Last modified Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.