Sunnyvale, CA

Posted March 06, 2014
I would definitely rate this school at a level of 5 stars. I have 2 kids attending Lakewood with my 3 to be attending in the next 2 years. The level of parent involvement and opportunities to take part in school activities is great. Monthly meetings for parents with the principal give much needed time for feedback and relaying information,especially for those who cannot attend PTA meetings.

Posted January 25, 2013
This school has great teachers! Some of them are truly amazing! I really suggest you to ask the principal to put your kid with Mr Whited,Mrs Quinn,Mrs Brager and Miss Ferreira. I'm sad that next year my son will be in 5 grade, and we have to leave the school.................but I really hope he could be in Mr Davis class, what a great way to say goodbye to elementary school! Great experience! I love them sincerely.

Posted August 19, 2012
Mr.Lebowitz,Ms.Betz,Ms Fruin,Mr.Davis.....A big thanks to all the teachers at lakewood for helping my kid grow and for providing an enjoyable school environment..My kid totally loved the School.Even after moving to Cupertino I can definitely say that lakewood is THE best school and i am glad that my kid completed her elementary schooling at lakewood. Principal Mrs.Grasty...Anytime i go to school she was always there to greet with a big smile:)..Even the people that work at reception are very friendly and never had a single problem in the 5 years my kid attended this school.

Lakewood Elementary School 2

Posted June 29, 2011
My child transferred to Lakewood in August of 2010. The office staff was very cold as was his teacher. They failed to provide a welcoming environment for a new family just moving into the district. The curriculum was neither challenging nor innovative (worksheets galore) The school goes a bit overboard on the fundraisers, I didn't agree with the pressure placed on the students to sell products. From the few interactions we had with the principal she seemed caring and genuine, if only those traits could be passed along to her office staff and a certain teacher...

Posted June 17, 2011
Mrs. Hayward s teachings, encouragement and enthusiasm has given my 5th grade son, a passion to read. He is now even more eager to learn and enjoys challenges. My son has made major milestones in reading, creative thinking, and expressions. I m so proud of his accomplishments and enthusiasm to learn more. He became more self-driven to accomplish his assignments and takes more initiatives. Mrs. Hayward has made a great impression in his life and we forever owe his successes to her. Mrs. Hayward is truly amazing, and is the best-in-class teacher ever! We were very fortunate to have her. My son has attended Lakewood School for 6 years. I am very proud that he attended Lakewood. He also learned to become more courteous, respectful, help others and be the best he can be. It is also important for parents to own accountability for their kid s academic success and take initiatives to foster their kids to do their best in school and become a better person. I cannot thank the KLAS staff, Lakewood staff and parents enough for a great educational experience.

Posted June 04, 2011
To the parent that gave Lakewood a 1 star, I must say I wholeheartedly disagree. I, as well as my brother and sister have had a great experience with every one of the teachers there, and through our years there, I have found the the staff in the office, as well as the library are also great, and I come to visit them whenever I get the chance. One thing I would recommend, is to meet all the teachers before the school year, and send in a request for the teacher of your choice(To the principal). Its not that I think that any of the teachers or bad, but they can definitely have different teaching styles, some that others may not like as much. I found there were tons of ways to get involved with things that I was passionate about, and teachers were able to challenge me in academic areas while making sure everyone got the help and support they needed. The school has the only military stlye color guard in the area, something I found a really fun and educational thing to participate in. It expertly prepared me for the academics of a prestigious middle school in Atherton, and I believe I owe it all to Lakewood.

Posted June 03, 2011
-to the parent comment from June 2nd, ...have YOU ever participated in any parent involvement activities? Apparently not since you seem to know nothing about the school. Have YOU spoken to any of the staff or to the principal? I know that my concerns are always addressed. I'm not sure that you are talking about Lakewood school, because if you ask any student that goes there about the school, you would know how much people care and how much spirit is there, not to mention the main purpose of the school, which is to provide a great education, which they do!

Posted June 02, 2011
To the parent that gave Lakewood 1 star on June 2, 2011...did you know Lakewood does have holiday spirit? There's a patriotic assembly every month, there's a Christmas program in December, Halloween is a long story...ask the principal why there's no parade for the whole school...the list goes on. Fundraisers...if you came to the PTA meetings you would know exactly where the money goes. As you know, the state of CA has made HUGE cuts to education over the past 3 years which is why most schools NEED to have fundraisers...Lakewood PTA gives every teacher money to spend every school year and every student benefits. PTA does as much as possible for the KIDS with the small amount of money that is raised. You say that teacher, principal and parent involvement is a joke...are YOU an involved parent?? PTA asks for help all the time. PTA pays for FUN DAY which is on June 10th this year...this is for the kids and this event has been done for the past 4 years...the kids love it. PTA would LOVE to do more for the students but there isn't enough money. I hope you get involved with PTA at your child's next school...this is the best way to find out what is going on in the school.

Lakewood Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
Wow I am surprised how many think Lakewood is a great school and how you all feel that Lakewood staff has the best interest for your child. I have only come across a handful of teachers that actually care. Lakewood has no holiday spirit; they have all these fundraiser but NOTHING for the kids. Where is the fundraising money going to? All the other Sunnyvale school have carnivals, let s ALL the kids dress for Halloween and has a parade not just the kindergarten classes which to me is unfair. If you do for one you do for all. Not to mention the office staff they are the rudest people I have ever came across. To me the teacher leadership, principal leadership and the parent involvement is all a joke. I am happy to say I am glad my kids are out of this school. I would rather not give a star but because I have to I chose only 1 star

Posted April 17, 2011
My daughter is in Ms Zbasnik's class in first grade...She is a great teacher.I'm impressed with the teacher and school.

Lakewood Elementary School
750 Lakechime Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94089
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top