Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I can only comment on our teacher from this past school year. She did have a positive influence on my daughter.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far it seems to be fair the amount of homework they are given. Although I think they should get more creative writing work.

Develops character: Neutral

I feel that some children and more highly favored by their past actions. Teachers should give ALL children the benefit of the doubt before blaming one child over the other.

Our experience at Vargas was average. The office staff although not always friendly they did try to get you the information that you needed. The school however is a tad bit unorganized compared to say Cherry chase or CUSD Schools. The PTA is non existent although they do have one. Unfortunately parent involvement with the PTA is low due to language barriers I assume and the lack of organization. Combo classes the teachers seem frazzled and have low to no communication with parents. The resource team although very knowledgeable they are small. I feel the teachers do tend to favor children who do not need the extra help. I am hoping this next year will be better. There really is a big gap in communication between staff and parents. One thing that was very disappointing was their no party policy. My child's previous school was all about academics but when it came to holidays the parents would always organize a small party for their class and I noticed that at Vargas some did it quietly while others blamed the Principal for not wanting parties in class, which I feel is horrible. Children need some "Fun"! Also compared to other schools they do not have many extracurricular activities. I researched schools in the area and most have dance, drama, choir, art, computer etc in a rotation. I noticed that the PTA takes care of this with funds. More planning maybe and a better outreach with raising funds and getting the word out. Overall the school has potential to be great academically and personally. Organization and Communication is key!

Vargas Elementary school is the best! My kindergarten daughter learn write, read, math and even computer!

Vargas staff lie to parents, teachers neglect students who are struggling and focus only on students who dont need the extra help

We loved our year at Vargas. We could not have been more impressed by the teachers, administrators and PTO of this great bay area school.

Its an excellent school and staff also very friendly. School environment too good. They have planned process on each area.

Vargas Elementary school is a wonderful school! The staff has been excellent from day one. My Son entered 3rd grade this year. My Son has been coming here since 1st grade. The Vargas staff is talented, dedicated and innovative. Overall, Vargas provides a strong start for students on the path to Middle school.

This school has great teachers and a hard working principal. My child learned the basics quickly in KG and was given option to move to 2nd grade. We were elated, but politely declined. In any school, it is up to the parents, how they spend their time with kids, supplementing and supporting for their child's education. I was amazed to learn about science and math initiatives at this school. Their reading program is really encouraging as well.

Last modified Vargas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.