Sunnyvale, CA

Vargas Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2014
Vargas is a vibrant community of learners. students and teachers alike. The science focused school produces children who ask questions, seek answers and produce results. The many additional programs that Vargas offers include Playworks-teaching cooperative play , Starting Arts-creating well balanced children, and Reading Partners-strengthening our academic foundations. Overall, Vargas provides a strong start for students on the path to Sunnyvale Middle and Homestead High School.

Posted November 11, 2014
Vargas is an amazing school. It is filled with teachers and staff that care about the "whole" child. Mrs. Grasty is a principal that meets the needs of students and families in our community. She is committed to our school, students, and staff. I wouldn't want to be any other place. This is truly a place where ALL children can go to grow.

Posted November 07, 2014
Vargas is a thriving, enriching school that has helped my daughter perform 3 grade levels above her current grade in both math and reading. She is in 5th grade and already coding, doing algebra and physics. The Vargas staff is talented, dedicated and innovative.

Posted November 07, 2014
I am a parent of a 2nd grader at Vargas. My daughter has been coming here since preschool. They have excellent teachers and an excellent principal who takes the time out of her busy schedule to meet with parents who have questions or concerns! Vargas is a science and math based school, but they do not lose focus on other subjects as well and I am so thankful for that! My daughter uses science in her everyday life, whether she's walking to and from school or just playing in the park. She is always looking at life through scientific eyes. It is fact that young women lose interest in science and math around 3rd grade, with Vargas focusing on science and math they are helping change these statistics. I thank the teachers here at Vargas for molding our children into future DR's and researchers.

Posted November 05, 2014
Vargas is an incredible school community. The teachers work hard to meet the needs of all students. Teachers pull small groups multiple times throughout the day to push high academic students to the next level and to reteach concepts students are struggling with. Vargas has several programs to enhance student learning like Playworks, Reading Partners, Starting Arts, and Kids Learning After School. In the last two years, Vargas has emphasized a focus on science in all grade levels. Students are actively engaged in experiments and creating their own inquiries. I am proud to be a member in this community.

Posted October 20, 2014
Great School! My two kids are very excited to go to school every day. We moved from good schools in the East Coast and my boys said they love the new environment. The teachers are great. I have met some of them and they always care about the children and wanted to go for the extra mile! Vargas is getting better and better. Most of parents are high-tech workers and their children are well-educated. Not to mention, one of my children is going to Sunnyvale Middle, which is also in the same school district.

Posted August 29, 2013
The school year has gotten off to a great start! It was nice to see nearly every student adhere to the uniform policy. The vast majority of parents are overjoyed. I do think it's unfortunate that some parents are putting their children in the mindset of not following rules. Using your child as a way to 'prove a point' is irresponsible parenting. Making your kid go to school without the uniform puts their child in the uncomfortable position of being different from his peers. As you mature, you find this to be a good quality however for your child, not so much. I really hope the principal finds the courage to ignore the nay-sayers and enforce the uniform policy otherwise, what would have been the point of working so hard to get this policy implemented. Please respect the majority choice of the parents. Let's put the focus back to learning, come to school ready, and that means being in uniform. So far so good, Vargas has gained 33 points in API score.

Posted August 22, 2013
I was expecting negative experience at the time that my kid moved to Vargas last year because of many negative reviews and not that good community rating. However, with more time, I have to admit that Vargas is not a bad school at all. It has dedicated teachers and principle, and it has wonderful kids as well. I am very disappointed at the accusation against PTA. I would like to see all parents coming out to volunteer their time just like every PTA member does. Please pay respect to other parent s hard work, and make your own contribution as well.

Vargas Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2013
A response to "PTA Board are Bullies and work against the system" I'm a parent and also a member of the PTA at Vargas. Whoever wrote the review is absolutely irresponsible and reckless. The current PTA members are dedicated parents who made sacrifices in their life so they can support the school and all of the children who attends the school. The current members are not associated with the past administration that was involved with the embezzlement of the fund. On the contrary, the current PTA members stepped up to replace the previous administration and were able to raise sufficient funding after it was stolen to support the children at Vargas. I will not hide behind my review and will be at the PTA meetings to let the members know who wrote this posting and I'll be more than happy to address the false accusation of the current PTA Board at Vargas. I'm positive that all current PTA members will support me with this accurate review.

Vargas Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
PTA Board members our Bullies and work against the system. Current President and board are still part of the last one that stole from the kids. The PTA continues to act as though they control the parents interest but actually control only their own. No one wants to volunteer because the way they run things. Volunteer leadership should be respected not abused and used for personal gains. This is the current way this board works. Don't agree step away from their organization.

Vargas Elementary School
1054 Carson Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
Last modified Vargas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vargas Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top