Lycee International de los Angeles 2

Posted May 12, 2014
My child attended this school and I was very disappointed...At first I didn't pay attention to what was happening with my childs academics since report cards were always good. But after testing my child I realized my child did not know how to read or spell or do basic math. I knew something was wrong. This was in 3rd grade. I also notice teachers were full of excuses and did not motivate my child in learning. Teachers would scream and expect my child to just understand. Also with so many changes with teachers and staff I did not see any stability for my child. I removed my child and in a few months in a new school the change was amazing. I am very happy that my child is now wanting/willing to learn. My childs teachers are motivating, loving, and caring.

Posted May 03, 2014
LILA is a multi-cultural, diverse school, that teaches its students to be well rounded people of the world. Students are taught to speak and write in two languages, they learn poetry, memorizing skills, and creative and critical thinking. The school offers music, a library, a computer lab, a soccer and basketball field and a very involved parent body. The use and integration of smart boards and ipads in the classrooms has been well received with all students. Students are taught to think, integrate learning, resolve problems using inventive and creative solutions. LILA offers small class sizes, with the use of both the French and American pedagogical methodology. Students learn about history, geography, math and the languages of the Americas and France. School excursions to museums, environmental facilities, historical sites to name a few are integrated into each grades experiential learning. By 5th grade a school trip to France is offered where the students spend 10 days going to school, visiting sites and museums throughout Paris.

Posted April 21, 2014
My daughter, now in K has been at this school since preschool, and has consistently had wonderful teachers, and rich learning opportunities. I particularly love the constant integration of art, including artist in residence programs, the conceptual approach to math instruction, and the variety of after school activities. She is learning a ton, and having a blast!

Posted April 16, 2014
My children have been here since preschool (age 2). My now 11-year-old is completely fluent in French, but moreover, he has such an amazing global view of the world. I cannot recommend this school highly enough.

Posted March 30, 2014
We have twins in kindergarten at LILA West Valley and could not be happier. The benefits of bilingual education are widely known (brawnier brains, superior self-regulation, delayed dementia, etc... Google "benefits of bilingual education" for more), and LILA provides that. Additionally, LILA's highly individualized program imbues students with a sense of confidence and healthy autonomy, as well as a broad worldview, which can be tough to achieve in Los Angeles. The fact that the kids can stay at LILA through 12th grade (transferring to the new, larger Burbank campus for middle and high school) is an added bonus, especially as we see friends going through the private school admissions process for middle and high school. Regardless of what language you speak at home or where you are from, if you want your children to be curious, confident, proud citizens of the WORLD, consider LILA.

Posted March 04, 2014
We started our son at LILA west valley when he was 2 years old and we are so glad that we did. It was a hard choice being that no one in our family speaks French but it was the best decision we made. He has now grown into a very confident young gentleman who speaks 3 languages fluently. The school has prepared him academically for college and the French and English integration gave him the best of both worlds. We also love the cultural diversity the school offers.

Posted October 18, 2010
It is a very fine academic institution with a genuine family atmosphere; small and personal; affordable and iternatioal in its scope.

Posted October 18, 2010
This school offers culture, diversity and well rounded education in a fun, safe and creative envirsonment!

Posted October 18, 2010
An excellent french school with a very diverse student body.

Posted October 17, 2010
A great bilingual french immersion school. Voted One of Los Angeles' top 40 schools.

5933 Lindley Ave, Tarzana, CA  91356
Last modified Lycee International de los Angeles is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Lycee International de los Angeles Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top