Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Very impatient teachers. The expect ur kids to be robots. The teachers are very quick to referring you to get mental help for your child and refer you to a psychologist. Its almost as if they have a contract with psychologist.

I put my daughter in T-K here but I regret it. Her teacher repeatedly refused to allow the kids to go to the bathroom when it wasn't recess, so there were more than a couple of unfortunate incidents that could have been avoided. These are 5 year olds, people. Have a heart. Then, due to a clerical error, my name was not on the list of parent volunteers for a classroom party, and the petty bureaucrats in the office wouldn't let me attend. I watched other parents go into the party, they even vouched for me, but the list issue kept me barred at the door, unable to celebrate the end of the school year with my kid, who was expecting me to be there. When I mentioned my concerns to the principal she was condescending,rude and dismissive. This has been a really bad experience.

This school is so special. The teachers and principal are dedicated and supportive. The students enjoy coming to school every day because they are excited to learn! The teachers work hard to create engaging lessons that are fun and rigorous.

Nestle is a great school. I have 2 kids that have culminated and are doing great in their current schools. The principal is dedicated to the safety and overall well being of our students. She cares for them as if they were her own children. The teachers are hard working and make learning fun. The one issue here is the lack of parent involvement. We have a great PTA, but it is only run by a small group. PTA helps raise money for field trips, school and student needs. They have lots of fun activities, movie nights, after school activities, holiday shop, and more. My suggestion to all parents: Get involved in your child's school! Children feel proud when they see their parent volunteer.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

It appears that the teachers are doing a good enough job with the kids. School administration needs a complete overhaul, however.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have no problem with the amount of work received by my child. She can accomplish the work along with the rest of the class. it does seem adequate, but, bordering on the not enough side..

Develops character: Disagree

How can any learning institution teach honesty, integrity and fairness if the school and the people that work there lack these attributes.

Our son has been here a couple of years now, and we're very happy. The principal and all the staff are hardworking and friendly, and he's learning a lot. Other parents have been very welcoming and friendly towards us. Very pleased we sent him here.

Terrible school, terrible to our neighborhood, principle doesn't have a good partnership with their surrounding neighbors. Parents are completely rude to each other. DO NOT recommend this school if you're new in the area

My son has been beat up by bullies at this school on more then one occasion. After the first time, he went to the nurse's office to have the apple sized bruise on his back inspected. The principal did nothing to deter bullying at her school. The front office person is rude and dismissive. When we first enrolled, she had an attitude and is not helpful. Most parents are rude, loud and aggressive and this fosters an atmosphere where being a bully is not only condoned but is encouraged to prove their children are macho. No one respects driving laws and park anywhere they please, speed through intersections causing police reenforcement to be necessary to ensure children's safety. It is unfortunate because some of the teachers are very good. However, a second grader should not be in fear at the school he attends.

Last modified Nestle Avenue Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.