Public charter
Tarzana, CA

Posted December 19, 2014
My experience so far at Nestle Avenue Charter has been a snowball of disappointments. This is my child's first year at this school, and our family picked this location because of the great school rating system. We moved here from out of town, and could not visit and "get a feel" for the school a head of time. I am extremely disappointed with the staff, the curriculum, and its general opperations. The overall lack of communication is absurd. I am never notified of future events unless it involves getting money from me. There is No sense of community, camaraderie of parents, or relationship. The schoolwork my child brings home - math/reading comp/history/you name it!- is all work they've already done last year at their previous school. There is no challenge, and my fear is that my child will be left behind when I send them to better performing/functioning school next year. Staff and parents have all been extremely unfriendly. If you're looking to send your child to this school - and it's at all possible to check it out during school hours before your sign-up- please do. It's incredibly enlightening to see how a school operates before you make your decision.

Posted April 02, 2014
Nestle Avenue was the Best, and needs to be the Best, therefore, we need to work hard and keep it the Best!!! Two of my kids have graduated Nestle, and two more are about to start. I am looking forward to being part of the Nestle team again.

Posted September 27, 2013
So far I am disappointed. The office secretary is rude. Supervision during drop-off is a joke. And, this school is NOT 80% white.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2013
Good school with educated staff and teachers. responsible and caring principal... he is wonderful. Strict on safety and security issues which i like. helpful and cooperative parents.

Nestle Avenue Charter School 4

Posted March 19, 2013
Our son is in transitional kindergarten this year at Nestle Ave, and he has a wonderful teacher. She is very kind, helpful and always available to all for questions. Our son has leanred alot during the last 100 days at school. One thing the school really need to work on is get its website up so the parents can get updaated information about school activities and schedules. It has been down since the first day of school. I always have to go to the office to find out or look at other schools' websites to find out about importants dates like spring break and summer break in advance so we can plan ahead.

Nestle Avenue Charter School 3

Posted February 17, 2013
Most of the teachers who work here are very dedicated and wonderful. That had been my experience until this year. I stayed after one afternoon to ask questions about my daughters' homework packet, her teacher who shall go unnamed, was blantantly rude and not very helpful. She spoke to me in a way that I have never experiences. It is unfortunate because I thought she was a good choice but I am starting to regret the recommendation for her to be in the class.

Posted November 16, 2011
Nestle Avenue Elementry school is a great school,because their teachers are good .The families are involve in the school ans of course i love mrs. Gomez the principal of school is great.

Posted June 27, 2011
Im very happy my doughter was enrolled at Nestle Elementary School! She just graduated from kindergarten and she learned a lot! The teachers are so professional.My doughter and i love this school!

Posted June 24, 2011
I do not know what to write about this school. I don't recommend it to anyone. My child was a 5th grader and it was the worst experience of her life. The school almost ruined her self-confidence. One of their class has no fixed teacher for the whole year and there was a different substitude every weak. Academic achievement is the least priority. And students feel favourism. I believe this school is appropriate for a special type of people and it is not just for everyone. Search more before enrolling your child at this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 24, 2011
I wish I had not enrolled my child at this school. If you want your child learn something, do not put her/him in this school.
2 people found this helpful

Nestle Avenue Charter School
5060 Nestle Avenue, Tarzana, CA  91356
Last modified Nestle Avenue Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nestle Avenue Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top