Public charter
Tarzana, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 09, 2014
I HAVE 2 KIDS IN THIS SCHOOL MY YOUNGEST HAD SOME TROUBLE GETTING USED TO A BIG SCHOOL. THE PRINCIPLE WAS GREAT. SHE CAME AND CHECKED ON HER GAVE HER LITTLE PRESENTS AND MADE HER FEEL LIKE PART OF THE FAMILY. I REALLY LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

Posted October 01, 2014
Wilbur Charter for Enriched Academics is wonderful. Our 17 year old attended years ago and our 8 year old is loving it. Many teachers have been there over 15 years. Mrs. Plat the principal is very involved and conscientious. There is very little turnover in the teaching staff, which says a lot.. The quality of education is exceptional. Morning and Afternoon care is run very well by Ms. Barbara with a lot of nurture and guidance. We feel blessed to live in this neighborhood.

Posted September 30, 2014
We have a 1st grader here in his first year. We were cautious about doing public school but heard great things about Wilbur so we moved into the area. We couldn't be more happy. Art classes, theater, PE, library, music AND science, all for a first grader! Great afterschool options as well including Spanish, lego building, chess, and a ton more choices! I hope it continues to impress.

Posted August 07, 2014
Wilbur is not a bad choice. The academic program is impressive, particularly in English. We liked field trips to Pali Institute and Santa Barbara. However, I wish ladies in the main office were friendly and supportive. This is not a prison, this is an elementary school! They never smile or really try to help you. Once one of them lost my kid's paper and didn't even apologize. As if it's commonplace. Well, it is probably commonplace at Wilbur. Teachers aren't the best (except for stars like Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Kunze, Mrs. Canada or a theater teacher). You have to be lucky not to get someone as indifferent as Ms. Carvajal. The school is overcrowded, and teachers don't encourage asking questions since they probably don't have time or wilingness to answer.

Posted August 07, 2014
Wilbur is not a bad choice. Their academic program is impressive, particularly in English. We liked field trips to Pali Institute and Santa Barbara. However, I wish ladies in the main office were friendly and supportive. Thy never smile and don't really try to help you out. It makes them look like they work in prison, not at school. Once one of them lost my son's papers and didn't even apologize, as if it is commonplace. Well, it is probably commonplace at Wilbur... Teachers aren't the best except for lovely Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Kunze, Mrs. Canada. The theater teacher is great! You have to be lucky though not to get someone as aloof as Ms. Carvajal. The school is overcrowded, and it apparently affects the way they teach. Teachers don't encourage students to ask questions since they probably don't have time and willingness to answer.

Posted September 11, 2013
Excellent school. Great principal. Very involved parents. Great enrichment programs. Safe environment. Transferred my twins from a private school and have loved the difference.

Posted August 19, 2013
We were just accepted to this school and so far we are really happy. Great teachers, great community! Highly recommend it! AAA+++

Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics 2

Posted June 04, 2013
Not pleased with the attitudes of the principal or my childrens' teacher. Refuse to maintain good communication with parents and had continually neglected to keep me informed about my childrens' progress or special events involving my special needs children. Bad experience and wouldn't recommend.

Posted January 06, 2013
A great school unless you have a child with special needs. For my children without special needs, I would rate this school a 5; for my child with special needs; I rate it a 2.

Posted June 05, 2011
This is the best school my children have ever gone to. It is filled with great kids, parents and teachers. The new principal is a sweetheart and knows how to get the job done with care and compassion. We are very happy to have this as our neighborhood school and are looking forward to spending many more years there enjoying the great education, opportunities to volunteer and to making lasting friendships!

Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics
5213 Crebs Avenue, Tarzana, CA  91356
Last modified Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur Charter For Enriched Academics Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 133 reviews. Top