K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I highly recommend Van Avery Prep School as the Principals Tina and Angela and Staff/Teachers are excellent! My children attended Kids World Preschool and learned so much there and it has been a nice transition for them now at Van Avery. I am so impressed with everything my children are learning and love the strong emphasis on math and reading especially! Thanks Principal Tina and the entire staff and teachers for an EXCELLENT job well done!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Van Avery teaches students about honesty and has a very strong anti-bully policy. It is reassuring knowing how much they instill that for our children.

Amount of homework: Agree

Being busy parents we were so very grateful for homework club where the kids have time to get their homework done with a teacher present to help with questions, etc.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My kids were students attended Van Avery from K-8. Honesty integrity and fairness is emphasized at Van Avery and without hesitation if their were disciplinary concerns with children, the parents were made aware. I felt this was important as it supports what we also teach at home. What I do like about Van Avery is they won't let perpetually misbehaved children -who cannot change their behavior - to continue to disrupt the learning and growing experience of all the rest. It's not often but those kids are eventually not welcomed back which is wonderful about this private school one that cares about ensuring the greater group of students are not impacted by bullies or brats).

My kids went to Van Avery and Kids World. It was by far the best decision we ever made as parents for our children. When you select a school, keep in mind that for 8 hours (sometimes more) a day 10 months +/- a year your kids will not ONLY be learning academically but actually "growing up" at school and developing their personalities, social skills and importantly their confidence for their future. Van Avery administration, faculty, teachers will ALL give their hearts 100% to your kids which is so important during these development "growing up" years K-8. The owners at Van Avery -we now know well now after so many years- want nothing more than to see ALL of their students succeed in their future. And they will. If you look at the graduates who went on to the local high schools and colleges, you will see they are elected into leadership positions, presidents of their class, homecoming court, sports (and team captains), honor society, and forming their own clubs, community service, etc. Coming from Van Avery to a large public high school setting can be scary as a parent so we were overwhelmed with happiness to see our kids (as well as their Van Avery Prep Peers) flourish with these experiences during their high school years, plus exceed academically in AP classes. We've seen so many Van Avery Prep graduates at the top of their class in their respective high schools with these leadership experiences ---and then go on to thrive in college and beyond. It all starts in the beginning of life --as they grow and develop. They will be enriched with academic experiences and confidence.... also arts, sports, and more. They will also always be on stage in plays, musical performances, award ceremonies, etc. --and this helps build their confidence in front of audiences. I can't say enough. If we had to do it again, we'd choose Van Avery. Our kids agree too - great memories! As a bonus, you will find fabulous parents within our community likewise choose Van Avery and feel the same.

Unfortunately my wife and I were very displeased with this school. When we relocated we heard many positive reviews from some coworkers, but wish that we had done more research on our own before enrolling our daughter. This is a for profit school. They are in business to make money, not educate your child. No concern is listened to unless you are part of the inner circle. Do the research before making a decision.

This school is great. I've had my children in VAP for 3 years now and have not had a problem. The parents are very involved with the school programs from boy scouts to girl scouts as well as other programs. One of my children has a learning disability and the school has been very accommodating with the tutor program (from outside VAP) that my child attends to enrich the VAP teaching. interaction. I think that being a part of the "in crowd" is just due to the amount of involvement you want to put into you child's school and education. We get involved and have a great time with our kids there.

My child has attended van Avery for two years now and we both are extremely pleased and happy. The teachers are excellent. My child has blossomed in so many areas. The clubs are fantastic. Worth every penny. We have had a awesome experience at this school.

Love, Love, Love this school!!! Highly Recommend. We transferred from another school private school (that shall not be named) down the street and what an amazing difference and improvement.

My child attended Van Avery Prep for six years, and like many of the other parents I found that unless you are related to the owners, are children of the teachers (or your child is a friend of a teacher's child) you will not receive fair treatment. The principal is not willing to help parents who are not in the "in crowd" even when the child is not at fault. I liked the structure and academics, but the homework was ridiculous and unnecessary. The same "in" students always won art contests, got the best part in plays, and were on the best sports teams--not suprisingly, the teachers' children were always in this group. This is a money oriented school. We had a few outstanding teachers, but we also had some who never should have been in a classroom--I suppose that is the same anywhere. Bottom line is administration does not care about the students unless there is some relationship there.

Last modified Van Avery Prep is a Private school that serves grades K-8