Temecula, CA

Posted April 23, 2014
Unfortunately my wife and I were very displeased with this school. When we relocated we heard many positive reviews from some coworkers, but wish that we had done more research on our own before enrolling our daughter. This is a for profit school. They are in business to make money, not educate your child. No concern is listened to unless you are part of the inner circle. Do the research before making a decision.

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is great. I've had my children in VAP for 3 years now and have not had a problem. The parents are very involved with the school programs from boy scouts to girl scouts as well as other programs. One of my children has a learning disability and the school has been very accommodating with the tutor program (from outside VAP) that my child attends to enrich the VAP teaching. interaction. I think that being a part of the "in crowd" is just due to the amount of involvement you want to put into you child's school and education. We get involved and have a great time with our kids there.

Posted October 19, 2013
My child has attended van Avery for two years now and we both are extremely pleased and happy. The teachers are excellent. My child has blossomed in so many areas. The clubs are fantastic. Worth every penny. We have had a awesome experience at this school.

Posted April 26, 2013
Love, Love, Love this school!!! Highly Recommend. We transferred from another school private school (that shall not be named) down the street and what an amazing difference and improvement.

Van Avery Prep 3

Posted September 21, 2012
My child attended Van Avery Prep for six years, and like many of the other parents I found that unless you are related to the owners, are children of the teachers (or your child is a friend of a teacher's child) you will not receive fair treatment. The principal is not willing to help parents who are not in the "in crowd" even when the child is not at fault. I liked the structure and academics, but the homework was ridiculous and unnecessary. The same "in" students always won art contests, got the best part in plays, and were on the best sports teams--not suprisingly, the teachers' children were always in this group. This is a money oriented school. We had a few outstanding teachers, but we also had some who never should have been in a classroom--I suppose that is the same anywhere. Bottom line is administration does not care about the students unless there is some relationship there.

Posted August 21, 2012
Hello parents!!! Just read the reviews of so many parents saying - BAD Principal... incompetent and rude teachers.... all about MONEY... do not want parent involvment.... no free clubs as advertised... expensive summer program... unorganized staff.. etc..etc.. Would you wanna sen your child to this school??? NO!!!

Posted June 01, 2012
Well-written review by that last parent. Except that the word "their" is misspelled (thier),the word school is misspelled (sco), and the words every day should be written as two words in this context, as in "each day" (not 'everyday'). Yes, I am certainly going to trust the judgement of a parent who can't spell or use even bother to use spellcheck. Not.

Posted May 16, 2012
I've had my children at two public schools before putting them in VAP. My 5th grader is diagnosed with a learning disability and this is the first scho that has made a difference in his learning! The former teacher who commented below couldn't be more wrong! I am not part of the in crowd at VAP and I do not see what they are talking about whatsoever! My kids have excelled here at VAP and my husband and I will continue thier education here. The teachers are caring and go above and beyond for the children. It's a safe and nurturing environment. My kids ate excited to get up and go to school everyday. My son with the learning disability is doing so well that he no longer needs private tutoring. I highly recommend Van Avery Prep!

Posted May 09, 2012
As a former VAP teacher, I can tell you that the negative comments are absolutely true. The positive comments come from the well-to-do crowd that think they have an "in" with administration. Eventually, the truth comes out and those bridges get destroyed, not just burned. It was tough trying to fit in as a caring teacher there, but did so out of necessity to work. Once an opportunity arose to leave, I was out of there. Many (most?) teachers are not fully credentialed and lack the resources public teachers acquire during credentialing and other staff development courses. I heard many complaints from parents regarding the admin staff and could not really find arguments for their complaints. There is little or no attention given to special needs children. Those that aren't perfect get left behind. Socially, students are far behind those of public school children when they do graduate to public high school. All in all, public school is still the best place for any child to be. Leave your child's education to the professionals.

Posted January 11, 2012
My three children currently attend Van Avery. They have been in three different school systems. Van Avery is the best. When we moved to California, we were very disenchanted by the local public schools. In fact, in our highly rated local public school, my children were not challenged at all. Van Avery has been very different. Not only have they been challenged academically, they have had more exposure to art and music than they had while in the public schools. The clubs that they offer after school are excellent as well. One of their favorites is a robotics club called Gears2Robots. I had no idea that children could have such an exposure to robotics. One of my sons became so involved that he went as part of a team to Legoland for a robotics tournament. Van Avery also has "Homework Club" after school. The students spend time after school in this club to work on their homework. During this time, the students have access to their teachers to ask them questions. Needless to say, I have been very pleased with the experience that my children are getting while attending Van Avery.

Van Avery Prep