Public charter
Students enrolled: 5,000
After care: No

River Springs Charter School 1

Posted March 09, 2015
Our children started here in 2012-13 at the Corona site. We put them there because of the issues we were having with the Lake Elsinore school district which we were forced into despite that we are part of Corona. The programs where very appealing having options of Home Schooling them or having them in a program that had them home Monday and Tuesday and then in school W-F. Yet when you started digging into the program which could only really be done once you joined you start to see flaws quickly. The kids had a ton of online extracurricular programs they had to do on top of their homework which proved to be unbeneficial. The current principle is rude and when not getting their way they threaten expelment even though with no legal grounds. They are going broke and it shows. You have to print almost all work which increases your cost. I get this for homeschooling but not normal school. No more fields trips because they can't afford them. They removed all "Christian" books even though doing so is illegal and they still have books from other religions. Sad thing is we had not problems with the old principle. Problems started when their other half took over. I wouldn't recommend them

River Springs Charter School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
We were moving and we talked to admin an let them know that we were moving. And all of the sudden the Es teacher gave my daughters 3 no shows within one month and they dropped them. I complaint and they forced me to have a meeting with the teacher when I didn't want to deal with her anymore and so I did to try to do what they want and then said I had a 4th progress. ... is that? I asked for help and they just done more paper trail so we don't know what to do. Never had a experience like this. I will get the principal involved at this point.
2 people found this helpful

River Springs Charter School 2

Posted March 02, 2015
My experience has been somewhat frustrating. My initial ES (educational specialist), seemed to be less than interested in my children's education. She was not well-versed in the curriculum, and ordered things for my children to do in their free time without my consent. She got frustrated when I asked things more than once ( there's a lot to learn with this school), and did not always show up when she said she would. I was not told about the lending library either, and that I could "check out" some supplies instead of using my children's educational funds to purchase them. The resources are cool, but the rest of it is run pretty poorly.

Posted January 06, 2015
If you homeschool your child at any age, this is an awesome and free school for you to explore. They offer a lot of activities and curriculum options through a huge selection of support vendors. The sky is the limit with what you want to do to help your students achieve their academic and extra-curricular goals! Both of my daughters graduated from the Homeschool program. The high school guidance department is fabulous, and all staff are careful to ensure that high school students receive a rigorous education and are well prepared for college. The teachers are very friendly and involved with the students directly, not just with the homeschool teacher/parent. They take an active interest in the student's future and want to make sure that they have fun while learning required information and exploring the interests that keep students motivated.

Posted December 04, 2014
I have worked for Springs(River) Charter Schools for several months. I am completely impressed by the commitment to student learning that each staff member exhibits on a daily basis.

Posted December 02, 2014
This is a wonderful school! My son goes to the Corona campus. This is our first year and we LOVE this school! His teacher is amazing and does wonderful projects that give each child a love for learning. The principle takes times to know the children and the families, she is very kind and approachable,with the a focus of maintaining a great environment for the kids to flourish.The other children are very kind and considerate.We are very involved parents and very particular about our child's education and we highly recommend this school. We took my child out of the highest rated elementary school in Corona-Norco school district. We will never return to tradition public school. We LOVE Springs Charter and the stand they take in education our kid! The kids get to be themselves and are encouraged to think and explore at this school. They are not always placed in the stigma of being pushed to out do each other or go beyond the state standards. My child had growing anxiety in public school, but now he is realizing his full potential and ownership over his own learning.

Posted December 02, 2014
Great alternative to regular school! Combines classroom and online in a way that gets them excited to attend! Explorers class is an excellent way to accelerate learning for independent students.

Posted December 01, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working for River Springs Charter School for the past 12 years. It has been a wonderful, collaborative environment to work in, which has not only allowed me to grow as an educator, but to use what I have learned to help a largely growing homeschool comuunity!

Posted November 28, 2014
River Springs maintains a focus of providing high quality support for parents and students who would benefit from an alternative public school education. The school provides a variety of programs from homeschooling to independent study programs that offer online learning, tutoring, classroom instruction, and student support services. River Springs has consistently provided student support services through the school's counseling services. As a school counselor who works for River Springs, I know first hand how beneficial these service have been for K-12 families and high school students

Posted November 26, 2014
I highly recommend to any parent who wants their child to actually learn something while in school.

River Springs Charter School
43466 Business Park Drive, Temecula, CA  92590
Last modified River Springs Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Springs Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 132 reviews. Top