Bad
Good

Ever since my daughter started her 1st Grade year the school has provided her help on her behavior habits by providing psychologist to work with her the after school program is very great. The Principal and the Office Lady are very loving, caring, and understanding. The school really show's there very dedicated to the kid's education and protection.

Very clean and tidy! Secretary is extremely helpful with a friendly attitude. Teachers are also approachable and greets every parent they see. The principle, Mrs. Prince, is there temperarily until new hire joins the school. She is a standup lady! Overall, Cleminson recieves 5 star from me for their apositive attitude toward students, parents, faculties and PTAs are all like family. There is no pressure from school to join or volunteer for anything. But once you are here and meet the wonderful PTA parents amd teachers you will be eager to want to be a part of Cleminson!

If you're stuck in the El Monte school district, then the best El Monte elementary school K-6 would be Cleminson School. Cleminson is located south in the city of Temple City, a nice residential area, but is part of the EMUSC. In regards to location, API, quantity of students, teachers, parents, principal and safety, then Cleminson is the ideal best elementary school. Everyone is so nice, excellent teachers from K-6, all are professional and have been doing their job for years and are tech savvy and communicate with parents on a regular basis. Enroll at this school! :)

I can tell from previous posts that the old principal was very different from the new principal. However, I do not feel just because she is not jumping up and down with excitement does not mean she is not passionate about her job. I very like the current principal and feel she does her job well. As for the comment about her non-presence on campus I do not agree. I would see her on campus very often and if I needed to speak with her I was able t get an appointment with her. I like her being more seasoned and not taking a lot of guff from people or students. My son's teachers so far have been good. I loved his second grade teacher. Her and another teacher formed a group of their students needing some extra reading help and set up extra time to help them. I also hear that the third grade teachers are both great. Getting certain academic issues resolved could be a slight problem but some I suspect take longer because of district issues. There is a very active PTA, so plenty of opportunities are available to participate as parents. Way more PTA presence then at my son's previous school.

Contrary to other posts, I like the current principal of the school. She is more seasoned and knows all about the methods that teach our children discipline, respect, and the importance of education. Although parents think that the previous principal was more engaging, I did not like the fact that he was too engaging. The kids don't need "a pal" and he only encouraged their bad behavior by not disciplining appropriately. Their were a few instances of grafitti that laced the campus during his time. That has never happened since he left. Knock on wood it never returns. I love Cleminson the way it is.

I went to this school from third grade to the sixth grade and now about ten years later I can still go there and find familiar faces. They have a good amount of their old staff but i do agree that the principal isn't what the school needs. Mr. Hanson was the perfect principal for the job, he had been there for years, he was my fifth grade teacher. Even before Mr. Hanson they has Mr. Dunn, he was very energetic and caring toward the students, I just wish this school could be what it used to be.

For this 4 years, I only find good teachers/staff and very happy with them. They are very positive and helpful. I agreed the current principal is very different to the last one because the last one has a lot more communication with the parents; especially we got use to receive voice mail update very often.... Hope there will be a balance on it.

I agree with the comment about the principal for the school year 09 - 10. She is not as energetic, engaged with the kids, or parents, and hardly ever has a presence on campus, unless it is a planned event. She may be an excellent principal, but the prior principal was excited about his job, it was very evident in all his actions. We were Very sad to hear that he wasn't returning.

I don't like the principle for the year 2009 - 2010. She's not that energetic and encouraging. I like the principle prior the current one. The other parts of the school are fine.

Highest scores in its district; caring, informed and prepared staff; involved parents

Last modified Cleminson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.