Temple City, CA

Posted August 25, 2015
My son was in Special Ed preschool, The teacher Mrs Silvia is wonderful and so caring. And this school also has wonderful Principle, Mr Jason Rose is very understanding and he listen to parents. I love this school. Too bad, Mrs Silvia moved and I hope my son's new teacher will be as good as Mrs. Silvia.

La Rosa Elementary School 1

Posted June 24, 2012
My oldest son was part of La Rosa's full-day kindergarten pilot in 2010 and we had a terrible experience with his teacher. I already knew something was wrong when he gradually went from being ready to bolt out the door in the morning to dragging his feet behind me as we got to the school's gate. Then the notes started coming: alleged behavioral problems, inability to focus in class, disrupting other students. I tried to tell the teacher that my son was very bright and needed to be challenged, that his boredom was the cause, but she would not listen. I pulled him out of La Rosa and put him into Longden, and he flourished. This year he finished Grade 1 as the only student to be awarded "All-Around Academic Excellence" in his entire grade (not just classroom).

Posted May 21, 2010
My son started kinder @ La Rosa this year and was fortunate to be part of their full-day kinder pilot. I was impressed by the customized approach they have for each student based on their learning/development needs. When I talk to friends/family about my son's curriculum (and when they interact w/ him) they often mistake La Rosa for a private school. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of education that La Rosa provides and have highly recommended it to my friends/neighbors.

La Rosa Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2009
I am very happy with La Rosa elementary. I have two children attending La Rosa and both are very happy. The teachers are very nice and open for parent envolvement. They treat the children as they should like children not adults. They want the best for the kids.

La Rosa Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2009
I like the school la rosa ..But am so sad to say that my child is still not learning as well as when he was in kinder.The after school program is not much help and the teachers are not so communicating with the pearents I think for the in comming year for the 2nd grade he will be attending Longden ..Sorry but my son will not attend 2grade at La Rosa ..I think it the best thing I ever done...But sad that I just leave a couple of blocks away...

Posted June 25, 2008
La Rosa is a great school the Teachers are of top quality too bad their quality care program was very disapointing I was not happy with the way they took care of the children.

Posted May 27, 2008
Excellent school. Great communication with parents. Excellent principal. She's very visible and open door policy. Great PTA and lots of involvement opportunities. Academics are excellent.. Came from a private school and am getting much more from La Rosa than the private school where we paid tuitiion

Posted February 26, 2008
We're not very happy with La Rosa, there's not much communication btw teacher/parents nor involvement of parents in school.

Posted September 19, 2006
La Rosa is an excellent school. The teachers are care for the students and principal is very involve in school activities.

Posted May 30, 2003
La Rosa is a wonderful school that caters to the lower level of elememtary education, being a school consisting of only grades k-3. Parent volunteerism is one of it's best aspects. Teachers are exteremly qualified and look out for the best interests of the children. Our principal is extrordinary, leading the school on a journey combining both high spirits and serious business. It is truly an exceptional place for students to gain their education.

9301 La Rosa Drive, Temple City, CA  91780
Last modified La Rosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Rosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top