Posted May 25, 2014
First Lutheran School is a great place for children K-8. Curriculum is based on Common Core Standards which emphasize critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving. FLS is a school that educates students to perform above the curve. Extra curricular activities such as sports, cheerleading, yearbook club, student leadership, and worship team are offered to provide students with a well-rounded education. With a diverse student population, children of all language levels and cultures are welcome. I have seen students arrive knowing little, to no English at all. After working with the English Language Certified teaching staff at FLS, these students made incredible progress in their English language development. Teachers are experienced, credentialed, Christians who offer the latest in education by bringing fresh new strategies and ideas to the classroom. Classes are strategically sized to provide all students with individual attention and equal opportunity to succeed. If you are new to the area or just looking for a better option, FLS is a private school worth looking into. First Lutheran School would be a great fit for any type of learner. I strongly recommend it!

Posted May 25, 2014
FLS is a hidden gem in Temple City. This school is fortunate to have acquired a young staff that are highly qualified with years of background experience. Some teachers also hold recent Masters degrees in Educational Multimedia and Literacy and Reading. I have no doubt that my child is receiving an excellent education based on current practices. The small class sizes provide a unique and personalized education catering to the strengths and needs of each child. I know my child has benefited greatly from the one-on-one attention that they cannot get anywhere else. The teachers teach and promote Christian beliefs and values to all students. I feel comforted seeing the love of Christ centered in such a strong and connected staff and passed onto our children. A see a positive change this year and cannot wait to see what the future has in store. Come join us!

First Lutheran School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is not as good as it used to be with all the newbie teachers. Enrollment has been steadily declining over the years. Some of the teachers are not even Christian.

Posted May 24, 2014
FLS is a wonderful and nurturing school! If you are looking for a more personal Christian environment where each kid gets amazing attention, FLS is perfect. We have sent two of our children and we have always been warmed by their caring and loving teaching staff. FLS has helped us to teach our children how to love the Lord as well as receive a great academic education. We would highly recommend this school to anyone. Go see for yourself.

Posted May 24, 2014
My kids love the school, the teachers and the friends around them. I love the teacher as well, they put their hearts together and take good care of my kids. The school is not only focusing on education, but how to be a better person and make good choices. The size of the school is a bit small, and it turns out my kids receive full attention from teachers

Posted May 23, 2014
As a current parent at FLS, I am extremely satisfied with the education my child is recieving. The teachers are highly qualified, experienced, credentialed, and some even hold masters degrees. It is a great school with a loving, Christian staff who teach children beyond text books while incorporating strong Christian values. Being part of this school is like being part of a family. It is Accredited and thriving. I love FLS and I am very pleased with the experience my family and I have had so far. My child loves going to school every day!

Posted March 18, 2014
First Lutheran School is the best school we as parents have experienced. My daughter is blessed to have a teacher like Mrs Papadopulos who gave my daughter the confidence that she needed in Kingdergaden and she is also the reason that my daughter loves to go to school every day. She sends encouraging messages to the students; treats the students fairly, and shares her life experiences with them to help them learn what is right and wrong. Teachers here are passionate and love their students. We live in Temple City with good public schools which our son attended and where we volunteered, but now we choose FLS for our daughter with two reasons: 1. the size of class, what can we expect if a teacher teaches 30 students? If the kid is not attentive, she /he will get lost. 2. the Christian base- Love, we think the best education is based on love. The students here are inspired in love, and the parents are always welcomed and respected. They treat everyone as a family.

Posted February 06, 2014
I have had two children go through this school, and they did great at Temple City high school. The foundation they learned at First Lutheran made the high school work that much easier. The teachers and staff of the school have as their highest priority the well being of their students. This doesn't seem just like a job, but a true love for their students and their families. The class are smaller than the public school system which was another reason we selected this school. I didn't want my child to get lost in the crowd, and when you have a low teacher to student ratio, that just can't happen. The faculty maybe a little different from when my children were there but as I hear from my nephew who sends his son there, those high standards are still in place, and the love and compassion that only comes from a Christian school is still there. I noticed from there website that they now take F-1 students. That's great, the students can learn about other cultures and lands from real people

First Lutheran School 4

Posted February 21, 2013
The small class size and the dedicated teachers help the students progress wonderfully. The field trips add to a well rounded education. The environment is safe and secure. The tuition is more than fair. But you are asked to contribute your time at school events and help maintain an enriched environment for the children. I like this school because the technology program is excellent. The children are kind and polite too.

Posted April 07, 2011
Best Preschool in Temple City, Arcadia and surrounding areas. I looked at at least a dozen preschools when I was getting ready to enroll my oldest daughter in preschool. None of the directors or staff would address or speak to my child during my visit. The focus was always me or "selling" me. Sonshine House Preschool which is part of First Lutheran School was the only school where the staff made a huge effort to intergarte my daughter with the rest of the children during our visit. The staff are super caring and my daughter has thrived in the last 2 years. Now I also have my second daughter at Sonshine House. This is a great place to develop you child both academically and socially whether you are a Christian or not.

First Lutheran School
9123 Broadway, Temple City, CA  91780
Last modified First Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
First Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.