K-2|Private

Bad
Good

My first child started school at Westlake Montessori in 2011 and my second child is currently in his second year there. First off, I have to say that the teachers are amazing! They are warm, nurturing and creative. The academic program prepared my oldest for the challenges in elementary. He has excelled in his new academic environment, and continues to love learning new things. Montessori truly built his confidence in his ability to learn and accomplish new tasks. My 4 year old has started to read and do basic mathematics. He enjoys going each day.

My son entered Westlake Montessori one year ago and has flourished emotionally and academically. I am highly impressed with the academic curriculum taught at the school and how advanced my son is after one year with reading, writing, numeric and life skills. My son is currently fully reading books at night, accomplishing spelling tests, deciphering time from hands on clocks, learning to count money, and so forth... and has not even begun Kindergarten! Time is also spent at the school learning about geography, historical figures, etc. Field trips, extra-curricular sports, music and language components, and summer fun activities are also a part of the experience. Most important, my son is enjoying the learning process. As a result of my experience at Westlake Montessori (and comparing against two other pre-schools my son also attended) I highly recommend Westlake Montessori.

I am very happy with Westlake Montessori. Academically it is superior to other schools in the area. Homework club, golf, piano, Spanish, Chinese, computers, cooking, are some of the programs offered - some included and some an extra fee. Very small setting and high teacher/student ratio. Teachers are always cheerful and patient. Administration is very responsive to parents. Hours accomodate the many working parents.

We have had our daughter enrolled here since she was 3 and have been very, very happy with the teachers, curriculum and staff. Our daughter is reading and doing basic match and she's not even 5 yet. Teachers teach using the montessori methods, which means kids move at their own pace and develop a lot of independence. Great hours for working parents and they don't require full potty training for the little ones (the "peer pressure" element helped our daughter finish potty training within a month or two of enrollment). Our daughter could skip a grade if we allowed her to, and i credit this school.

Two of my grown children attended this wonderful school and now I have four grandchildren that are enjoying the wonderful education they provide. I can't believe that Mrs. Sparks their reading teacher is still there and several of the other teachers have been there for many years. This school is the best of the best in my opion..

My daughter has been going to WMS since she was 3yo. She turns five in a couple of weeks and is already reading and doing addition and subtraction - and what's more, she ENJOYS school. WMS isn't perfect, but the teachers are invested in and effective with the children, which produces wonderful results. Not only am I pleased with my daughter's academic development but we're happy with the attention paid to her emotional and social development as well.

This is an absolutely wonderful school that brings out the best in each child. Although this school is extremely small and the facilities have much to be desired, it makes up for it with an outstanding curriculum. Our children receive extremely challenging but rewarding lessons each and every day. After much research, we found the kindergarten class equivalent at this school is easily comparable to a second grade level at most public and private schools around the county.

I currently have 2 children attending this school. All I have to say is wow! Both my children have made unbelievable academic progress over the past 2 years. The teachers, director, and office staff are so accomodating and friendly. Myself, as well as my children have benefited greatly from this school. I have highly recommended this school to several friends who now have their children attending as well. We are so fortunate to have found this great school!!

This school is a big disappointment. Two of my kids attend this school. A couple of the elementary teachers are good but there is a very big turn over in the staff. Ths impacts the progress in the class as well as kids performance. On top of that, the principal demonstrates the poorest customer service and professionalism. The tuition and activities cost is very high with respect to services offered. For the money spent at this school, I recommend going to another private school in the area and get much more value.

Our daughter has been attending since she was 2. Now she is 6 & in 1st grade. We are thrilled with her development & skills. Very balanced academically & socially. She is learning Chinese, French, Spanish,comp.skills,math,reading, journaling,P.E.,art history,science labs, geography,history,diff. cultures,the list goes on. Loves homework & her friends. Parents are encouraged to get involved in all aspects of school. Field trips are fun & educational. We have loved all of the teachers every year, they love what they do, are accessible to the parents & love the kids. We have a new teacher this year. Excited to see what she brings to students. Love how classroom is set up. Very clean. Teachers are set up with email now. Great at replying. Directors are warm hearted & flexible. Camp was fun & she learned how to swim! Worth every $. We are blessed to have this school.

Last modified Westlake Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-2