Thousand Oaks, CA

Posted October 06, 2013
I am very happy with Westlake Montessori. Academically it is superior to other schools in the area. Homework club, golf, piano, Spanish, Chinese, computers, cooking, are some of the programs offered - some included and some an extra fee. Very small setting and high teacher/student ratio. Teachers are always cheerful and patient. Administration is very responsive to parents. Hours accomodate the many working parents.

Posted March 26, 2011
We have had our daughter enrolled here since she was 3 and have been very, very happy with the teachers, curriculum and staff. Our daughter is reading and doing basic match and she's not even 5 yet. Teachers teach using the montessori methods, which means kids move at their own pace and develop a lot of independence. Great hours for working parents and they don't require full potty training for the little ones (the "peer pressure" element helped our daughter finish potty training within a month or two of enrollment). Our daughter could skip a grade if we allowed her to, and i credit this school.

Posted November 24, 2010
Two of my grown children attended this wonderful school and now I have four grandchildren that are enjoying the wonderful education they provide. I can't believe that Mrs. Sparks their reading teacher is still there and several of the other teachers have been there for many years. This school is the best of the best in my opion..

Posted August 30, 2010
My daughter has been going to WMS since she was 3yo. She turns five in a couple of weeks and is already reading and doing addition and subtraction - and what's more, she ENJOYS school. WMS isn't perfect, but the teachers are invested in and effective with the children, which produces wonderful results. Not only am I pleased with my daughter's academic development but we're happy with the attention paid to her emotional and social development as well.

Posted June 11, 2009

Westlake Montessori School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
This is an absolutely wonderful school that brings out the best in each child. Although this school is extremely small and the facilities have much to be desired, it makes up for it with an outstanding curriculum. Our children receive extremely challenging but rewarding lessons each and every day. After much research, we found the kindergarten class equivalent at this school is easily comparable to a second grade level at most public and private schools around the county.

Posted July 08, 2008
I currently have 2 children attending this school. All I have to say is wow! Both my children have made unbelievable academic progress over the past 2 years. The teachers, director, and office staff are so accomodating and friendly. Myself, as well as my children have benefited greatly from this school. I have highly recommended this school to several friends who now have their children attending as well. We are so fortunate to have found this great school!!

Posted November 20, 2007
This school is a big disappointment. Two of my kids attend this school. A couple of the elementary teachers are good but there is a very big turn over in the staff. Ths impacts the progress in the class as well as kids performance. On top of that, the principal demonstrates the poorest customer service and professionalism. The tuition and activities cost is very high with respect to services offered. For the money spent at this school, I recommend going to another private school in the area and get much more value.

Posted September 26, 2007
Our daughter has been attending since she was 2. Now she is 6 & in 1st grade. We are thrilled with her development & skills. Very balanced academically & socially. She is learning Chinese, French, Spanish,comp.skills,math,reading, journaling,P.E.,art history,science labs, geography,history,diff. cultures,the list goes on. Loves homework & her friends. Parents are encouraged to get involved in all aspects of school. Field trips are fun & educational. We have loved all of the teachers every year, they love what they do, are accessible to the parents & love the kids. We have a new teacher this year. Excited to see what she brings to students. Love how classroom is set up. Very clean. Teachers are set up with email now. Great at replying. Directors are warm hearted & flexible. Camp was fun & she learned how to swim! Worth every $. We are blessed to have this school.

Posted August 15, 2007
The principal deadership there is too bad. In one word, irresponsible! Poor ability to contact with parents in an emergency. They called my home phone number instead of cell phone! After several conversactions, my name still can't be recognized nor they would spend time to check up the records. Questions regarding their policy were answered as will and not take into account. You will have to have fabulous Language skills to survive there or good luck that you won't have any chance to challenge it. Put the kids in this school is a big mistake. Early academic development in childhood is important but not more than their social skills and personality development as well as they would have a good memory for their childhood. Don't risk! I had two kids in this school, so I took advantage to write another reviews here instead of replace the other one.

Westlake Montessori School
228 South Skyline Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA  91361
Last modified Westlake Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-2
Westlake Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top