Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Grate school I have my two kids and their teachers are excellent miss Joelle and mr McLaughlin

Our school is student centered, community driven. We feel our children are gaining important leadership skills as well as being taught through hands on learning how to navigate through their day making choices that are safe and kind for them and those around them.

I recently moved to the area. I enrolled my child in the open leadership program. The teachers are great and show enthusiasm to work with the children. However the Principal in my opinion does not. My priority is that my child is on par with the students his grade on a national level. I do whatever I can to make sure he gets and remains there. My first point of contact- the principal- she sent me on a wild goose chase with irrelevant information so I stopped asking and went to the parents who were more knowledgeable and are a great source for information.

Conjeo Open Classroom Leadership Magnet Program is excellent. The principal, teachers, and parents participation is great. My daughter states, she "loves the principal" (Dr. Sellers). I am so happy to be apart of this community and school.

Its a great school with 2 great programs for all types of children. The parents and teachers are super supportive and the Principal (Dr. Sellers) is amazing.

EWConejo Elementary School is 1 of a kind. It is home to Conejo Openclassroom Leadership Magnet. Our amazing Principal, Dr. Dena Sellers, creates a successful learning environment for students representing a wide diversity of social & economic experience. It is a place that truly transforms families on their way to the real American dream...education for a whole society.

Conejo home of the Leader in Me - Leadership Magnet program is stellar! One of the few places intentionally creating an educational environment that is responsive to the real world of children today and preparing them for the demands of the future. Visionary - with phenomenal leadership provided by Principal Sellers and active parental involvement and community engagement. A whole-child, whole person learning community.

As the parent of a student in the Open Classroom Leadership Magnet at Conejo Elementary, I couldn't be happier with this school. My son has received above-average instruction since kindergarten, and now with the overlay of Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People as a framework for the school's core values it's like a dream come true. The school has always identified and nurtured each child's special gifts, and now with Covey's Leader in Me program in place, the students will learn how to channel their strengths into leadership skills to last a lifetime. Our family is so blessed to be a part of this learning community.

Lots of extracurricular activities available. Yard Duty could be more educated on using less authoritarian communication to create a more wholesome environment. Other than that the school seems to be nice.

In Conejo Elementary s Open Classroom Program, our children flourish as individuals, growing confident and competent academically, socially, and emotionally. Creative teachers make learning an exciting adventure our children will always pursue. Dynamic, interdisciplinary lessons engage their multiple intelligences; while strong teacher/student bonds enhance learning. Our families collaborate as an educational community, enabling one-on-one attention and an intimate understanding of the passions, strengths and weaknesses that motivate each child. Mentoring, dialogue, and cooperative group activities foster personal growth, respect, constructive-communication and team-building skills essential to reaching goals. Our capable Principal is a supportive facilitator and thoughtful decision-maker. Conejo boasts CVUSD s only elementary-level percussion ensemble, a new computer lab, an inviting library, and a diverse student population. My children are achieving academic mastery while learning problem solving, critical thinking, oratory, self-discipline, time management, and self-confidence while honoring their natural curiosity. This balanced education prepares them as responsible citizens and capable, innovative thinkers.

Last modified Conejo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.