Glenwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
There is very little parent involvement and it's probably because most parents don't even speak English. When I get messages at home from the school, the messages are left in Spanish, I suppose they assume we don't speak English because of our last name. The teachers seem to be ok, however, my son doesn't seem to be very challenged at all. Not a happy parent.

Glenwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 02, 2011
WORST elementary school in the Thousand Oaks area (asside from Conejo elem.)... My son went to Glenwood from 1st to 4th grade, and every single year I struggled with the idea of removing him and putting him in a new school, ANY other school.... We were one of the few families that spoke ENGLISH in 1st and 2nd grade, and by 4th grade it was almost impossible to communicate with any of the parents in english.... I had a horrible 1st and 3rd grade teachers and AMAZING 2nd and 4th grade teachers, but there was a revolving door as far as teachers go.... I heard that because it was a "title one school" teachers did their time, and moved on to better schools.... 4th grade was the year that broke the camels back, 3 boys and 1 girl in my son's grade were suspended for drinking BEER on campus!!! getting him out of there NOW!!! hoping it's not too late :(

Glenwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2010
This is a great school... So much with so little...

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2006
Great school. Diversity/multi-cultures are important and good for our children. Teachers are great. Our first child is doing extremely well, and our second child is just starting. We have to disagree on the 'disadvantaged' comment from our standpoint.

Glenwood Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2006
The quality of academic programs is sub standard. There is little parent invovement. It is unorganized - a mess.

Glenwood Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2006
Glenwood is a great school! The teachers really make this school. They are incredible. They are hard working and dedicated to educating their classes the best they can. The teachers at this school really care about their students. The parents are very involved as well. There are many parent volunteers as well as opportunities to be involved in your child's classroom. The academic programs are appropriate. As far as extracurricular activities go, I don't really know, because my child isn't involved in any, except art. The afterschool art program (just started this year) is a fun one, but I don't know if it will continue to be available every year, and the parents do pay per lesson.

Glenwood Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2005
Has some outstanding teachers but mixed in with poor teachers. There are many students who start without knowing ABCs or even how to speak English. Puts other children at a disadvantage.

Glenwood Elementary School 5

Posted August 26, 2003
I have had two daughters go through all grades K-6 at Glenwood. When my first daughter was ready for school I originally checked out Pinecrest and did not like what I saw. We decided then to give the public school system a try and glad we did. Both of my daughters, their father and I loved Glenwood. The majority of the teachers were excellent in their teaching skills and personal skills. Every adult at Glenwood from the principal to the yard duty volunteer took interest in every child at the school and knew them by name. They took the extra time and energy to get to know the child individually and were truly concerned when something wasn't quite right. The extra curriculur activites were a blast for both the kids and parents. And the comraderie I enjoyed with the other parents was priceless. My daughters are now 18 and 15yrs old. I miss Glenwood so much that I am looking into bringing a volunteer program to Glenwood that is offered by my employer. No amount of money could buy you a better school for your young children.

Glenwood Elementary School
1135 Windsor Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top