Thousand Oaks, CA

Posted August 08, 2014
Fantastic school While not the best funded, this school makes up for it with care and attention. The Principal, Lori Wall, makes a huge effort to make sure all students feel as though they are cared about and belong and everyone shows a genuine concern with all the students' success. Connie Weidner in the third grade is without a doubt the best teacher we have had for any of our children.

Posted December 03, 2013
We moved back from China for the school reason. My son loved the school so much because the teacher encouraged him a lot . At the beginning, we worried his English was delayed. Luckily, his teacher paid a lot of attention to his English and get him extra help from the language therapist. We are so grateful to having such a supporting school.

Posted September 12, 2013
Ladera Elementary is a great school. The principal, Lori Wall, makes it her personal goal to get to know each and every child here to ensure their success at the elementary school level. The teachers all have great attitudes about teaching and working with the students. The 2013/2014 school year just recently started and what parent doesn't love to hear these words from their child. Last night my son was getting out his homework folder and he looks at me and says "I love the 4th grade Mom". Between the principal, the teachers and the office staff, I know my son is well supported and getting a great education at the same time.

Posted September 12, 2013
Best school ever!! Great teachers that really know and understand the children. A principal that knows all the kids by name! An office staff that is always happy to see you. And parents who volunteer because they want to not because they have to. I'm so grateful we were zoned for this school!

Posted January 05, 2012
Excellent teachers, friendly and helpful staff , open communication, and an abundance of parent involvement!

Ladera Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2010
We are a small school with an active PTA. Everyone knows everyone and we all look out for each other's kids.

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Ladera because it has that sense of family unity. It also teaches all the kids in school about children of special needs without them ever feeling that the kids are different. They are ALL treated with respect and dignity! My oldest daughter grew up with a friend with Autism and they are good friends. It's something my daughter will carry with her for the rest of her life! My daughter learned early in life that all people were the same but some were and will always be special. Ladera elementary will always be the best to me and my family.

Ladera Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
We love Ladera because it's a community where everyone-parents, teachers, staff and students- looks out for one another. That's something worth noting!

Posted September 15, 2009
Ladera has an amazing program for kids with autism, it teaches tolerance as well as provides full inclusion when its best for the child. This school along with the choral teacher changed my daughters life.

Ladera Elementary School
1211 Calle Almendro, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified Ladera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladera Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top