Thousand Oaks, CA

Posted April 06, 2014
We came from a private school and we are so pleased with Redwood. My child easily made a group of new friends and has had no social issues with the transition. Curriculum is more challenging than our previous school and the students more diverse. Homework is manageable. The 6th grade teachers have been amazing (wish I could list names!) - they answer emails overnight. Architecture, creative writing and French electives are good. Kids learn public speaking skills, excellent study habits and structured writing. Outdoor school was fantastic and the head of the program is great. My child enjoys going to school. We have had such a good experience that we are moving our other child out of private school next year. If you are considering Redwood over a local private school, I highly recommend you give it a try.

Redwood Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2014
Bad experience! Teachers don't care about the students. Emails from parents don't get answered by the teachers. I regret sending my son to this school.

Posted December 07, 2013
Because middle school in general is such a tough and emotional time for children and parents, we tend to put expectations on schools that aren't really part of their job. That being said, Redwood is an amazing middle school! The teachers and admin do a great job of connecting with the children and families and offer an overall great school and program. All of our children have succeeded both academically and personally at Redwood and we can't say enough about how great the school is compared to really assessing your options are other local and private middle schools. (The grass is always greener...) The bottom line is we parents have to step up and still take responsibility for this age group and not 'check out'. When we do our job and the school does their's, the kids are Redwood are truly succeeding! Very happy parents, here.

Redwood Middle School 4

Posted September 12, 2013
Overall school is good with some great teachers. My biggest complaint is the office staff. They are very rude. I dread having to go to the office for anything. I don't appreciate being made to feel like a burden. If you don't like your job, get a different one!

Posted July 30, 2013
Excellent administrators, teachers, academics and a friendly, supportive school environment. Both my daughters loved Redwood and their experiences, including everything from hiking club to Show Choir.

Posted May 16, 2013
RMS is still second to none in the Conejo Valley Unified School District (literally). Hard to believe we could do much better anywhere. Admin staff are excellent (the Vice Principal [soon to be principal] and Dean are an awesome team), teachers are compassionate, caring and committed. The marching band still winning all the competitions with a wonderful director and his staff. Have a 6th grader entering as well this year and I can't wait to have both kids there. It will be a good year.

Posted May 16, 2013
This school actually help and pays attention to what the kids need. They are involved and compassionate, The teachers are fantastic and are willing to TEACH! It is a remarkable school with several activities, and programs that help the kids learn and participate. The teacher's are a great team support to parents and the students. The staff in Administration and the Teacher's are approachable and friendly. Communication is stupendous! On behalf of my student, my husband and I, and any other parents or community participants, PTSA, I thank you for the best gift ever, Education.

Redwood Middle School 1

Posted October 08, 2012
This school is terrible. There are several tenured teachers who are poster-children for ENDING tenure. They are very aware that they cannot be fired and take advantage by sitting on their laurels and/or bullying children. They aren't all that way, but several we encountered were. The Administration is poorly run. The Principal should be coaching football not overseeing the day to day operations of a school. Instead of awarding and encouraing, they seek to 'take away' and punish. Only the cookie cutter kids get recognition and monthly awards. Send a frightened apprehensive 6th grader into Redwood and watch your child withdraw and become depressed. We pulled out children from Redwood and sent them to other schools where they are thriving, learning and encouraged by the teaching staff. Don't send your kids here.

Posted May 16, 2012
The Kindness Award is given each year at Redwood for the outstanding student that has shown kindness throughout the year. This award is kept secret until the Award's Night each year. It is rewarding to see a public school participate in this type of recognition.

Posted April 30, 2012
This is our son's 2nd year at Redwood. We, (and he), are impressed with the quality of the teachers, the principle, and the administrative staff. Having come from a private school, we did have concerns about attending a public school, but those concerns were misplaced. Additionally, the honors programs and the band are second to none.

Redwood Middle School
233 West Gainsborough Road, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified Redwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top