Weathersfield Elementary School 2

Posted May 12, 2014
I attended this school some time ago. It really could have been better. Things are not enforced during recess at all by the current yard supervisors, and the administration isn't exactly the best at dealing with bullying. Instead of just saying "boys will be boys" they should actually try to sort this stuff out and actually listen to the victim. The majority of the teachers are nice though, and even though they do seem slightly stressed with the administration they do a good job.

Weathersfield Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2013
Most teachers are stressed out with the management and the principal's controlling style. The recent influx of ESL students also has added to a large Spanish speaking student body.

Posted October 06, 2013
Wonderful Teachers and Families. Great Principal and parent involvement. My Children are very happy here.

Posted October 05, 2013
Our school is a fun and educational environments and I love to participate in every event we have. Weathersfield is like a big family where parents like to volunteer in the classrooms and thrive to be involved during the fundraisers and programs we offer.

Posted October 04, 2013
Weathersfield is a GREAT school. I've had a child there for 6 years, (k-5), and has totally thrived there. Her state test scores are excellant. She has excelled in their chorus and musical instrument programs. A great choice for anyone lucky enough to go there.

Posted September 30, 2013
I have been at this school for six years now, and it's changed tremendously. The school and the pta work hard to raise funds for new technologies and new programs for the children every year. We also have had a lot of changes in teachers over that time, and there are some absolutely wonderful teachers, very caring, and making sure our kids have the best opportunities and education available.

Weathersfield Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2013
After having many years at this school with older children and having just finished Kindergarten with our youngest I find it very troublesome that the school has gone from a 9 to 8 rating and the test scores seem to also be falling. The Principal seems to have a throw the blame on someone else attitude and doesn't work along with the parents and students but against them! I had many friends who were zoned to attend Weathersfield but after the lack luster orientation and reviews about the school from other parents have decided to use school choice to put their kids elsewhere! Such a shame it used to be such a wonderful school!

Posted July 22, 2012
Our daughter just had a wonderful year in Kindergarten. She got extra help for some learning issues she has and has really improved in areas where she is struggling. Her teacher has been very patient with her and has been very cooperative and resourceful when trying to figure out how our daughter can get the best out of the instruction with her learning issues. We are very confident that she is ready for 1st Grade and that she will get the help she needs to be successful and remain confident and hard working.

Weathersfield Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2012
My daughter attended school here the past two years and has had wonderful teachers. The school does many fun thing with their students and lot's of singing programs during the year. The school itself looks old and a bit run down but it's test scores are right up there with other great schools in town. Do your research and you will see. Yes, it sounds like there are a few teachers in this school that could or should retire but what school doesn't have a few of those. So far we could not be happier. The parents are all wonderful too. There are many parents who help in the classrooms and many nice children here.

Weathersfield Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2011
I went to this school 9 years ago now, from K - 3rd grade. I loved that school as a kid from all the friends.. and enemies I made. I'm a Freshan in highschool and I'll tell you a little about this school. Don't make teachers mad. These two teachers, Mr Ayer and Mrs Elcia hated me. Mr Ayer would yell at me for running to lunch. Mrs Elcia would get mad at me for asking EVERY day if we were going to the computer lab because i loved to play on this art program for kids. I've read some comments about the school bullying kids. It's somewhat true enough. The lunchyard duty person also didn't like me too much either. Also, don't throw oranges at the walls.. you'll be sent to the principal's office. The old principal at the school, Mr Carr, loved me. :D I visited his office so much I soon enough became his friend. This school was also where I met the love of my life, who, sadly, moved to Colorado in 3rd grade. It felt like the world ended then. Oh well.. I hope you've liked me review in the school. :D

Weathersfield Elementary School
3151 Darlington Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified Weathersfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weathersfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top