K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted October 07, 2015
Love our school! So happy we decided to leave our neighborhood school. Have to say we had some catching up to do. My son was a good 6-8 months behind of his classmates. Spbs is no joke, the academics are superb. With the help of my sons teacher, and some outside help he is right where he should be. A day doesn't go by that I'm not thankful for children being part of such a beautiful school and community.

Posted August 12, 2015
We love the academics, the teachers, the Catholic faith formation, the sense of community and the family activities. The principal is amazing, and this is a very well run school-it's the full package!

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2014
My child goes to this school and as far as academics goes I don't think they are better than the other private schools around. Their Math program is of sub standard level. I see my friends kids who go to public school doing way advanced math than my child. The Language art and reading program is good.The student to teacher ratio is really high. Even having an aide does not help. The religion, discipline and uniform part is good. The teachers are not always helpful. Try asking them something and it's all your child's fault. The kids are nice to each other and friendly. I think the active involvement of the parents in their children's education is what is making this school popular. If it were not for us parents then this school would have been like any other school.

Posted March 11, 2013
We love SPBS. Loving excited passionate teachers, principle, and staff. So happy to have joined such a wonderful community. The school is one class per grade so your child is not just a number, everyone knows who your child is and that is so comforting. Great parent involment that you can't help but get to know the families in the community. I get a feeling of peace when I see my child off to school, I know they will learn and be cared for as individuals. Elementary classes may seem crowded however a full time teachers aid is preset and super involved ratio is still better than public.

Posted February 20, 2013
Both of my sons attended SPBS and they absolutely loved it. The teachers are excellent but the principal makes all the difference. The school is very well organized and all the parents are involved in their children's education. If you have the means, get your child in that school. Your kid will thank you for it. My sons have said so many times. Also, the school has very high academic standards. The accelerated math and english classes are excellent. And the school has great, family friendly atmosphere.

Posted March 09, 2012
This is my children's first year at SPBS. I pulled them from one of the "elite" CVUSD elem schools nearby. I am so happy that I did so. Both my children are not only thriving at SPBS--but they are happy as well. Both of their teachers are excellent--but more importantly--they really care about my children. As part of the Catholic faith and teaching--children are looked at as arriving with their own special gifts and talents--and it is up to the teacher to foster and nurture this. My children were miserable at the public school--where despite 20:1--they were just a number. The large classrooms at SPBS are not a problem--every child recieives lots of individual help--and more importantly--there are no behavior problems that keep the majority of kids from learning. We are so happy at SPBS--great teachers, great principal, great atmosphere. It is worth every penny--and we are struggling to make it work. For the first time in their lives--both my children LOVE school--and are excited to go to SPBS each day. Again--this comes from 2 students who were at one of the highest scoring public school in the CVUSD district-.

Posted July 02, 2011
This is one of the best schools I have ever seen at this level. While other schools in the area are loosing students SPBS contiually has full classes and other great benefits. The principal is excellent along with all the rest of the staff. The parents provide so much help. While stated earlier the parents really only do volunteer in the classrooms during Kindergarten, parents are involved in so many things outside. The school's PTA for example are involved in running events such as The Shakespeare Festival and the booths and the parish festival. While other events are run by one or two parents such as the Jog-a-thon. This is one the best schools I have ever seen.

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2011
Considering this is a private school, the student to teacher ratio is overwhelming. Over 40 students for 1 teacher, and an aide that only works a couple of hours in the morning. The students are missing out. There is also a bullying problem at the school. They choose to ignore it and look the other way. They have no programs to assist with kids that fall behind. All in all the parents are great, but the school could be way better!

Posted March 06, 2008
This an excellent school, emphasizing excellent academics & service to others. Our children are extremely happy, the parents are very involved and the teachers & staff genuinely concerned for the kids' well being. We have found that the principle really cares about the school, not just collecting a paycheck/pension, which is a nice change from the public school system. If there is an issue, it gets handled. We are proud to be part of this community.

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2007
A great school on many levels, but I do believe there is room for improvement. As stated in an earlier entry, parental involvement past kindergarten seems primarily outside of the classroom. Quite frankly, with the unusually high student/teacher ratio, I think that they could use the additional help. Furthermore, they offer little to no counseling services except for interns that do not provide consistency. I would be happy to pay more and have a credentialed school counselor servicing the school. Could be better, but better than most.

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School
154 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8