St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2014
My child goes to this school and as far as academics goes I don't think they are better than the other private schools around. Their Math program is of sub standard level. I see my friends kids who go to public school doing way advanced math than my child. The Language art and reading program is good.The student to teacher ratio is really high. Even having an aide does not help. The religion, discipline and uniform part is good. The teachers are not always helpful. Try asking them something and it's all your child's fault. The kids are nice to each other and friendly. I think the active involvement of the parents in their children's education is what is making this school popular. If it were not for us parents then this school would have been like any other school.

Posted February 20, 2013
Both of my sons attended SPBS and they absolutely loved it. The teachers are excellent but the principal makes all the difference. The school is very well organized and all the parents are involved in their children's education. If you have the means, get your child in that school. Your kid will thank you for it. My sons have said so many times. Also, the school has very high academic standards. The accelerated math and english classes are excellent. And the school has great, family friendly atmosphere.

Posted March 09, 2012
This is my children's first year at SPBS. I pulled them from one of the "elite" CVUSD elem schools nearby. I am so happy that I did so. Both my children are not only thriving at SPBS--but they are happy as well. Both of their teachers are excellent--but more importantly--they really care about my children. As part of the Catholic faith and teaching--children are looked at as arriving with their own special gifts and talents--and it is up to the teacher to foster and nurture this. My children were miserable at the public school--where despite 20:1--they were just a number. The large classrooms at SPBS are not a problem--every child recieives lots of individual help--and more importantly--there are no behavior problems that keep the majority of kids from learning. We are so happy at SPBS--great teachers, great principal, great atmosphere. It is worth every penny--and we are struggling to make it work. For the first time in their lives--both my children LOVE school--and are excited to go to SPBS each day. Again--this comes from 2 students who were at one of the highest scoring public school in the CVUSD district-.

Posted July 02, 2011
This is one of the best schools I have ever seen at this level. While other schools in the area are loosing students SPBS contiually has full classes and other great benefits. The principal is excellent along with all the rest of the staff. The parents provide so much help. While stated earlier the parents really only do volunteer in the classrooms during Kindergarten, parents are involved in so many things outside. The school's PTA for example are involved in running events such as The Shakespeare Festival and the booths and the parish festival. While other events are run by one or two parents such as the Jog-a-thon. This is one the best schools I have ever seen.

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2011
Considering this is a private school, the student to teacher ratio is overwhelming. Over 40 students for 1 teacher, and an aide that only works a couple of hours in the morning. The students are missing out. There is also a bullying problem at the school. They choose to ignore it and look the other way. They have no programs to assist with kids that fall behind. All in all the parents are great, but the school could be way better!

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted March 10, 2009

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School 2

Posted July 09, 2008

St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School
154 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Paschal Baylon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top