9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I have 3 children that went to this school. One graduated in 06' and in these tough times he has landed an accounting position in Lake Forest Orange County building Portfolios. My other son graduated in '10 and now he runs his own life and health insurance business in Costa Mesa, and my other son graduated in '12 and is studying Engineering in Washington. It's not the teachers it's the students. This school gives them the tools and point them to right direction. Kids these days feel entitled and want everything done for them. This school encourages them to work hard for what they want.

If you are considering private school, please check-out this school. My son received the National Honors Award in 2012 for his freshman year and he is on track for obtaining this award in 2013 as a sophomore. The Principal, teachers, and staff all have a great relationship with the students and I have been very impressed with the Academic & Athletic programs. They go on mission trips, play other schools in sports, and are very involved in helping others in the community too. The spiritual significance is by far the greatest attribute that this school has going for it. I have seen many students become students of "Faith" and it is a great testimony of how well this school reaches students with character training, as well as students obtaining a solid academic education.

I graduated this school in 2002 and can truly say it gave me a great advantage when compared to my public school friends my academic level was much more developed.

I am a parent from Guangzhou. I like this school because the ratio of foreign students to domestic students is low. Therefore my son can have more chances to get along with native people. The school counselor is so outstanding for her professional knowledge and loving heart. The principal is very nice and has a strong leadership.

We are very lucky to know this school from our friends. We picked up the right choice to send our kids to this school. Our kid picks up all the classes very fast thru. the teachers helping. It is a very safe area, good for the students.

Excellent service and wonderful teachers! I am impressed about biology and English courses. I got a lot of support from my dean in the dorm.

My son Ming graduated from this school last year. He got an offer from Duke University. I love this school and all of their excellent educators. I strongly recommend this school to our community.

The positive about this school is that everyone is friendly. The kids and teachers are nice. Children feel included by the other kids rather than ostracized. The negative is that the academic bar is very low. I think people going to the school don't realize that the academics are sub-par, because they often don't have any other experience with which to compare it. This is a great school for kids who are Adventist and want to stay within the church, or for kids who struggle socially and for whom a nurturing environment is more important than strong academics.

This school is amazingly filled with love and academics

This is a very good school. They have a strong spiritual program and lots of activities for students to be involved with. Teachers are well qualified and all staff seems to be very caring. Only drawback is the lack of a dresscode, which needs improvement. Overall, a great school we would recommend.

Last modified Newbury Park Adventist Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12