Thousand Oaks, CA

Posted August 06, 2014
I've been a teacher at Hillcrest for six years now and I truly believe God placed me just needed to be. The staff, parents, and students are amazing. I felt loved and supported since day one. The relationships between teachers and students go beyond the norm! We're also their counselors, friends, and sometimes their parents at school. I've seen teachers taking their students out to lunch in the high school, or giving them money for lunch when they forgot to bring it from home. I've seen others sacrifice their lunch, or stay after school to help a child that is struggling. I've also seen kids that leave our school and later come back because they couldn't find what Hillcrest offered them somewhere else. I feel very blessed and privileged to work at Hillcrest!

Posted May 30, 2014
Hillcrest Christian Preschool is the absolute most amazing, loving, nurturing place I could have ever dreamed of sending my children. The director of the preschool is so energetic and filled with love and compassion for the children. The teaching staff is amazing, with clearly one goal in mind, to help raise the whole child. This staff has the most remarkable love for each other, as thought they are sisters and that really illuminates on to the children. What a highly academic, developmental, social, spiritual happy place!!! 5 stars!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 27, 2013
Hillcrest Christian School has been a blessing to our family for 10 years. Our kids started there as 3 year olds, and continued throughout their elementary years. It teaches the kids the biblical principals, kids get a excellent Christian education, and it has been our second family. Our Chapel's our filled with amazing worship and awesome teachings. I love walking the halls at school and seeing students of all ages. The secondary students are great examples to our pre-school and elementary students.

Hillcrest Christian 4

Posted October 27, 2013
We left a local public school and this is our third year at Hillcrest. We love the small class size and the teachers are great. They really take the time to get to know each student. We feel our child is getting a great education here.

Posted June 02, 2013
I wish I could write 2 reviews for this school. One for the teachers and one for the Admin. The teachers have the students best intrest in mind. However their ideas, and general spirit are often squelched by the "people in charge". The teachers do not get a say in what happens in the school, even though they are the ones who work day-to-day with the students. The Board and Admin call all the shots while teachers are not even allowed to attend board meetings. The students are wonderful, parents are great (but as we all know, the ones with the most $$ pull the most weight). Check the number of staff members that have last in the last 5 years, you will be shocked at how high that number is. If there were a few changes made in who was in charge, this school would be outstanding, until then, my rating is low.

Posted April 06, 2012
I would think twice about placing my child in this school or at least speak with the parents at Bethany who have fled Hillcrest. The academic talent is adequate, but the administration staff is arrogant & unprofessional. They do not always seem to have the best interest of the children at heart but just interested in exercising their power & intimidation Enrollment is dwindling because of the unfriendly staff who admittedly do no relate well to children & show open hostility to parents, regarding them as enterlopers.

Posted January 23, 2012
I absolutely love Hillcrest Christian school. My kids have been blessed with the best teachers. Mrs. Davis is an outstanding teacher who is helping to shape and mold my son to be the leader that God intends him to be. Mrs. Hawisher understands the different learning styles and teaches in a way that the children can learn according to the way they learn. My children have been here since preschool and will continue to go through high school it is God's will. Great Christian teachers!!!!

Posted January 23, 2012
Two years ago, after a last minute decision to relocate to Westlake Village, I was frantically searching for the right preschool for my son. I had two weeks to tour, interview, and register before moving up to Westlake Village and before school started. My preschooler and I made an all day trip up and we visited five schools. My friend had recommended Hillcrest, but I was sure that no school would really compare to the great preschool environment he was attending. The first school I toured was HIllcrest, and the moment I walked in the doors and met the current director, I had great peace with putting my son in this God-loving, nurturing environment and with this director who was energetic and filled with God's love. I visited the other four schools, but they all paled in comparison to the truly Christian environment at Hillcrest. My child prays for the family at the dinner table, sings praises to the Lord, has memorized numerous bible verses, and has a voracious appetite to learn about the Lord. He is excelling in his academics and made some amazing friends in all grades. My younger son now attends the preschool program and I could not be happier with my decision.

Posted January 23, 2012
Hillcrest Christian School Preschool has been amazing for our daughters. Leaving your children for the first time can be a traumatic experience for both parents and children. From the first day we went to visit the school we were blown away by the caring and nurturing teachers and staff. The pre-school director is energetic and fun and our girls have loved their teachers over the last two years. At first we were just looking for a preschool with the thought of sending them to public school once kindergarten begins (as we have great public schools in our area). After watching them grow spiritually, socially, and academically, we are hooked on keeping them in a Christian education at Hillcrest Christian School. I can't say enough about the nurturing and safe environment they are in each day and they really enjoy going to school. They have great friends at school and every day they talk about God and Jesus when they come home. It really hit me when one day my daughter pulled me outside to look at a beautiful sunset. Her comment was..."Dad...look what god made for us." That moment was priceless for me and we are so thankful to have our children attending this preschool.

Posted January 16, 2012
This school does not compare to what they actually show on the outside when you go for a tour Teachers in preschool have changed greatly because of lifestyle of Director alot of people have left. we were there for several years thought for sure that iis where our kids would have gone all the way through 12th grade. When you say your a Christian school and you pay $$$$ for it you want to make sure the life styles of all teachers line up with Godly Principles most staff are 2 faced and Honor God with theier lips but some hearts are wicked.

Hillcrest Christian