No rating

Godspeak Calvary Chapel, Little Oaks School

Private | K | 8 students

Living in Thousand Oaks

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $515,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,540.

Posted June 11, 2013

I took a tour of the school today. Before that I had spoken to the principal several times and had visited the school once. As a former preschool teacher and current elementary school teacher I know what to look for in a school. I was not impressed with teacher quality and the rudeness and unprofessional manner of the principal was concerning. I didn't see any evidence of parental involvement and the place looked very uninviting to parents. I would never under any circumstances put my child in this facility.

Posted March 18, 2013

My daughter started going her about 2 months ago and we could not be happier. The staff and teachers are amazing. My daughter comes home singing and more interactive then ever. She loves it her and she is learning a great deal.

Posted March 13, 2013

Warm, friendly and inviting, couldn't think of a better place to send my 2yo. Our daughter has adjusted so well to her school and comes home asking to see her teachers! We look forward to continuing our relationship with our Little Oaks family.

Posted March 13, 2013

I have been close to this school for 4 years and watched as huge investments have been made into staff, facilities, security and curriculum. The new Classical Christian Education focus for 2013 is exciting

Posted March 12, 2013

Not strong accedemically. Teachers not experienced. I got called at work all the time with simple questions that an expereinced teacher could have handled. Not much teaching going on. I also agree with some of the other comments on this sheet. My child was picked on, and the school would just send my child home. Once when my mom went to pick up my child from school, the principal asked who she was here for. My mom told her, and the principal actually rolled her eyes and groaned. How professional is that? When I asked about teaching the kids how to write their letters (for a child about to go to kindergarten the next year), the teacher's response was, "Oh, you're the first one who has ever asked me that. We don't teach that yet." I have transferred my child out to another school, and now my child is behind.

Posted March 6, 2013

I have had 2 children attend this preschool and I cannot say enough good things about it. The teachers are loving and nurturing. The program is superior to others in the area. My children were more prepared for elementary school than most of their peers.

Posted December 13, 2011

I Currently have two kids attending the school, i echo the mom below on how you will be fooled by their fakeness. Very unproffessional administrator with funky unproffessional name that can only manage a summer camp or cheering team. Teachers are not compassionate and have no connection with kids. Seems like parents run the school and administrator has no say but to do as they wish. very bad school.

Posted October 28, 2011

Little Oaks is truly a gem in the Thousand Oaks community. Completely agree with previous positive reviews - academics are unbelievable, character building is strong, teachers are friendly and caring. The school does get an occasional difficult child (which school doesn't) and they deal with the situation in a firm yet positive way. I've seen it first hand when my daughter attended the school last year.

Posted May 6, 2011

I don't know what the parent below is talking about.? My children have gone to this school for several years - from preschool to elementary. CAN'T SAY ENOUGHT GOOD THINGS! It is a wonderful environment for children that need a small and nuturing environment. The retention rate in preschool is huge - which totally goes against what below parent states. The teachers are bubbly and loving. Admin and staff always have a door open. I would and have recommended this school! It is truly a "hidden treasure" in the Conejo Valley!

Posted February 16, 2011

I used to sing the praises of this school, that is until their teachers as well as their admin's did nothing but label my child with labels they have no idea what they are talking about, nor do they have the credentials to do so. They allowed a child to bully my children yet they kicked out my child. They single handedly destroyed my child's self esteem, to the point my child was terrified to even walk in the gate! And not once during this whole experience did their head master contact me. Seems to me if a school was so concerned with the well being of their children he would take a more active role in his administrators as well as teachers and what's going on in their classroom, and he would have contacted the parents. Don't be fooled by the fakeness!

Posted October 24, 2010

Have been at this school the last 4 years, academics, teachers and character development are top notch. Every staff member is dedicated to children and truly cares. Character counts here and your child will be nurtured both academically and socially. Two years ago there was an ownership change from private non parochial to now Calvary Chapel Church ownership. With that change the excellent staff has remained but enrollment has plummeted. Many families were turned off by the church's political involvement and the move toward a Christian based curriculum. That said, the school continues to provide excellent academics in a small nurturing environment. I can't say enough about the teachers and staff, most of whom have been committed to the school for 10-20 years.

Posted June 9, 2010

My daughter goes to this school, she is in second grade and this was her first year. She LOVES this school and so do we. The ENTIRE school loves your child and really do care about their future. This is an amazing school!!

Posted September 9, 2009

This school is inundated with the best instructor's in the Conejo Valley.

Posted January 18, 2007

my son has been attending Little oaks school for the passed three years he has flourished into A strong academic student. He loves going to school now, I am so happy we found Little Oaks.

Posted January 17, 2007

I have two children who have graduated from Little Oaks School and are thriving academically and socially. I attribute their success to the excellent program Little Oaks offers. I found it to be well rounded and staffed with outstanding teachers and administrators. The facility is unique, cheerful and nurturing. I highly recommend this school for any family.

Posted March 8, 2006

This is my son's second day and so far, he seems to enjoy himself. His first day, however he did come home extremely thirsty. Most likely an adjstment for him... He seemed happy.

Posted July 3, 2004

My two children attended this school several years ago and we loved the staff and administration. They were well prepared to go to middle school and have great memories of their years at Little Oaks.

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab