Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school has wonderful codes of conduct and printed literature on developing these values, but they do not follow through with it. Sadly many of parents are more concerned with their children's personal success and satisfaction at this young age (even if it develops unhealthy competition, narcissism, and fear of failure) over these values.

Parental involvement is often of the pretentious and parentally self-promotional sort. The administration is most interested in looking good and avoiding liability rather than performing well, raising resilient, honest, and hard-working students. The homework is a joke. Teachers are good (a lot are the best paid in the county) but pander to the PTA and focus on their PTA parent students. Thinking outside of the box is encouraged only so much as Marin is diverse (think all white and wealthy). Bubbles don't always pop.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Kids lied about their bullying behavior and their parents backed them. Teachers were unable to effectively address problematic kid behaviors.

We pulled our child out after 2 years because the experience was so poor. The kids were often mean and exclusive and the teachers seemed unable to shift the class culture away from such negative behavior while the administration denied that bullying even existed at Reed. Enough said. The facilities are beautiful but there's more to school than a pretty environment. "Best in Marin"? I don't think so.

I wonder why only a few people are rating this school? I sent a couple of kids to this school and it was not even close to outstanding. I would like to hear how/why these others say it is outstanding. We had a share program of two teachers who could care less what they kids learned because they were hardly there, the other year we a down right "mean" or unkind teacher, and the other year a very burnt out teacher, who did as little as possible.

My kids have always been matched with excellent teachers, where they learned so much and grew socially and emotionally. They really promote respect of others, self confidence, and independence. Hope we continue to get another great teacher/class! The one thing we have noticed over the years is that their music program is far less exciting, and they offer less long term projects than they used to before budget cuts. Also they really should have a RN on staff, instead of a rotating vocational nurse that has very little experience.

Amazed by this school! Moved from a top public school in Connecticut and Reed is superior. Excellent teaches, beautiful campus and impressive curriculum. My son loves this school and so do I!

Great teachers, great campus, Lots of parent involvement.

I have never worked at a school where it was such a JOY to work at. From the way Reed runs/looks/student offerings, etc.... I cannot think of a nicer place to teach as well as learn.

This school is a class act. When we attended the orientation for parents of entering students, I was a little concerned that there was going to be way too much academic pressure on our 5 year old son during years that I think kids need to enjoy life. Turns out that, yes, the place is very achievement oriented but our son and every other child I know who goes there loves the place. I've yet to hear a 'daddy I don't want to go to school today' and instead 'is tomorrow Monday?' during the weekend.

Last modified Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2