Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 11, 2016
Kids lied about their bullying behavior and their parents backed them. Teachers were unable to effectively address problematic kid behaviors.

Reed Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2016
We pulled our child out after 2 years because the experience was so poor. The kids were often mean and exclusive and the teachers seemed unable to shift the class culture away from such negative behavior while the administration denied that bullying even existed at Reed. Enough said. The facilities are beautiful but there's more to school than a pretty environment. "Best in Marin"? I don't think so.

Reed Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2013
I wonder why only a few people are rating this school? I sent a couple of kids to this school and it was not even close to outstanding. I would like to hear how/why these others say it is outstanding. We had a share program of two teachers who could care less what they kids learned because they were hardly there, the other year we a down right "mean" or unkind teacher, and the other year a very burnt out teacher, who did as little as possible.

Posted July 31, 2013
My kids have always been matched with excellent teachers, where they learned so much and grew socially and emotionally. They really promote respect of others, self confidence, and independence. Hope we continue to get another great teacher/class! The one thing we have noticed over the years is that their music program is far less exciting, and they offer less long term projects than they used to before budget cuts. Also they really should have a RN on staff, instead of a rotating vocational nurse that has very little experience.

Posted October 09, 2012
Amazed by this school! Moved from a top public school in Connecticut and Reed is superior. Excellent teaches, beautiful campus and impressive curriculum. My son loves this school and so do I!

Posted April 24, 2010
Great teachers, great campus, Lots of parent involvement.

Posted October 03, 2009
I have never worked at a school where it was such a JOY to work at. From the way Reed runs/looks/student offerings, etc.... I cannot think of a nicer place to teach as well as learn.

Posted January 23, 2009
This school is a class act. When we attended the orientation for parents of entering students, I was a little concerned that there was going to be way too much academic pressure on our 5 year old son during years that I think kids need to enjoy life. Turns out that, yes, the place is very achievement oriented but our son and every other child I know who goes there loves the place. I've yet to hear a 'daddy I don't want to go to school today' and instead 'is tomorrow Monday?' during the weekend.

Posted November 03, 2007
We are extremely pleased with Reed school. The principal is fantastic as is every teacher our children have had (we currently have two of our three children attending). I love that it's a small school (K through 2) because the school can focus completely on the very young. We moved to the Tiburon district for the schools and have not been disappointed. I especially love that I can volunteer in their classrooms on a regular basis and truly be a part of their day and get to know their classmates and teachers. This allows me to know what they are currently working on so I can mirror the efforts at home. My children feel safe, are well taken care of and love school. Highest ratings to this school!

Posted August 31, 2007
I've had 3 very different children go through this school and all 3 kids loved it & really thrived. One of my children had a very difficult time learning to read and the teachers were so on top of the situation that now, in 4th grade, he is well ahead of his peers. The principal is great with all the students -- those with behavior issues, the quiet kids, and every child in between. And the teachers are outstanding!

1199 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA  94920-1550