Torrance, CA

Posted May 16, 2014
I want to give a special Thanks to Mrs. Lee (Kinder Garden Teacher) and Ms. Lira (Pre-K Teacher) They are the BEST teachers, loving, and caring. Always looking out for their students. :)

Posted April 29, 2014
Best elementary school in the South Bay Area! Caring staff, dedicated teachers and excellent parent involvement. I love being part of this school community.

Posted April 29, 2014
Halldale elementary is a school with strong teaching strategies, high grading standards, emphasis in reading, faculty leadership, and a safe environment. The principal is great with the students, parents, and staff. This school is definitely one of California great schools.

Posted April 29, 2014
Halldale is a unique school with a dedicated staff and faculty. The students here know how much the teachers care about their students and take pride in their school as well. We have excellent leadership, with an outstanding principal . We are all lucky to be at Halldale !

Posted December 02, 2013
I believe that Halldale Ave is one of the best LAUSD elementary schools in the district. This commentary comes from a former student of this school. My daughters have the distinct pleasure of attending this school now. They are currently in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Both of my daughters have seen first hand the passion and dedication of the excellent teachers here at Halldale. Not only do the educators make learning fun, this excellence in learning gets transmitted to their students. I believe the educators here at Halldale are some of the most innovative and exceptional teachers I have ever met. Another aspect of this school that I like is that the principal of the school is very involved in her students education. She even does special art classes for the students that my daughters extremely enjoy. I would highly recommend this school !!!

Posted November 21, 2013
I am the parent of a 6th and 1st grader. My son attended Halldale Avenue from kindergarten through 5th grade. He is currently in the School of Advanced Studies program in a reputable LAUSD middle school. I strongly believe that my son's academic success is a result of the hard work and dedication from his teachers at Halldale (yes, even his kindergarten teacher). My 1st grader is performing exceptionally well and I am pleased with the quality of education she is receiving. I don t understand the recent allegations posted here. I have spent countless hours volunteering in different classrooms/grade levels in the past 6 years and not once have I experienced anything even remotely close to what has been posted. The teachers at this school love what they do and are not only competent and knowledgeable but also caring and compassionate. I'm sorry but one negative review is not going to undo all the good that Halldale has offered many, MANY children, including my own.

Posted November 21, 2013
I am beyond happy about my children coming to Halldale Avenue. We came from another LAUSD school in the area and the improvements are visible everyday. To start the teachers are so dedicated to the students ( I have a 1st grader and a kindner). They are provided with great motiving rewards that I have begun to follow in our own home because they work so well! The principle is actively involved in both of my children's educations! I see her in the classes everyday from teaching lessons to checking in. I am an involved parent and I volunteer often so I feel I can give an honest daily opinion of what really goes on in the class rooms. There are many parent volunteers at Halldale that work side by side with these amazing teachers to help in our children's education in stead of making false claims of the teachings! I encourage parents to feel excited to become a part of this school!

Posted November 20, 2013
I have been at Halldale Avenue Elementary School as a volunteer for 8 years. I know all of the teacher's and staff, they all love and care about what they do. If someone is unhappy, maybe they should move on to another school.

Posted November 20, 2013
Correction to the comment below. I have one in Kinder and one in 4th grade. Not 3rd.

Posted November 19, 2013
I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT HALLDALE FOR OVER 17 YEARS AND IN THOSE 17 YEARS I HAVE NOTICED HARD WORKING AND DEDICATED TEACHERS AT HALLDALE. THEY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THEIR SCOPE OF WORK. IT SADDENS ME THAT SOME PARENT WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT OUR TEACHERS IS QUICK TO JUDGE SPECIFIC TEACHERS. MY ADVICE TO THAT PARENT IS THAT IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH HALLDALE AVE SCHOOL, YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY ANYWHERE BECAUSE HALLDALE AVE IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL..

Halldale Elementary School
21514 Halldale Avenue, Torrance, CA  90501
Last modified Halldale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halldale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top