Torrance, CA

Victor Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2014
My offspring is going to Victor for a few years now. The Office Staff is extremely rude and do not have manners. It seems they hate foreigners and TUSD does not care about how bad the office staff is treating people at Victor. They should be fired asap.

Posted June 21, 2014
This is a great school, unless you are African American. My child who is a great student was treated as a failure from the beginning. He is in the 4th grade. His teacher did not care about his education and had to be chased down for any feedback. I get it, we're not supposed to be in your school or your neighborhood. My child will be coming back next year and we will be fighting for him to get a good education.

Posted June 18, 2014
My daughter is finishing the fifth grade at this school. So glad that she doesn't have to do another year here. It was horrible. Her teacher was the worst teacher ever. She came home one day and said she had taken a 2 1/2 hour nap and her teacher DIDN'T notice! The homework time was unreasonably long. I'm talking like 3 hrs a night every night for a fifth grader! I am a teacher myself, and know what a good teacher is. My daughter's teacher was not a good teacher. I'm angry I cannot say her name here, but some of the things that happened in class: lunch or snacks stolen from backpacks, and never addressed. Homework stolen, so that my daughter started writing her name in pen on every single piece of paper she handed in, lest another student erased her name and took credit for her work; student project turned in that were obviously done by parents (displayed during open house, which was very late in the year), and project after project was assigned, once there were THREE project due in one week! I'm sorry the teacher wanted to make her class look good for open house, but totally unreasonable!! She also kept inaccurate records of assignments and tests, which I found really disturbing!

Posted April 17, 2014
Definitely Victor is a great school. My child loves the school with all round development of academics, athletics and extracurricular activities.

Posted March 01, 2014
What to say...Its about kindergarten experience. One side school is claiming to be best school & other side they need such a huge improvement. No doubt , Office staff is really really rude. Specially with the kids. By mistake if the kindergartener had a accident(Potty), this staff make such a fun that the kid goes into depression. One of the kindergartner teacher had a record of suspending min 3 kids/year. How much do the teacher expect from kindergartener? Do they really understand the meaning of suspension at that age? Teacher don t even try to solve the problem inside the class bet'n the kids but directly send him to the principle. Principle don t try to find out the exact happening, chance of improvement, however believe the teacher & directly suspend the kid. Is the suspension really way for kinderer improvement? This impacts on the kid that . the best & most active student from Pre-K; goes to KG and goes into depression & lost all his/her confidence. In future grades, he don t even try to express himself or true complaints about others even though he is right. I think there should be some enquiry about the suspensions happening in this school in kindergarten classes.

Posted November 12, 2013
Both my children are currently attending this wonderful elementary school. I find it to be running really smoothly from the minute you walk into the front office till you leave. The office staff are very helpful, which is why I am not sure why there is some negative comments. Both have always been very helpful and informative. It does get busy in there sometimes with parents wanting attention at the same time, but remember, there are only 2 office staff working. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. I have heard at other schools parents talk about 'that teacher that you don't want' but here at Victor, I feel very fortunate to not have that problem. This elementary school has almost 1000 kids however it never feels crammed, kids/parents get the attention/help needed and seems to be running smoothly. Mr. Baker is the wonderful principal. He is very energetic and approachable. I feel confident that my children are receiving a wonderful education!

Posted August 01, 2013
Both of my children attended Victor. I think it was a great experience. They both had great teachers that were sweet and friendly but knew when to put to their foot down. My only complaint is about Mr.Baker. I think he arrived when my youngest was in the 3rd grade. He was a big change from our last principal and not always in a good way. But he is my only complaint. I would say there is a great parent involvement and the school is very diverse

Posted June 14, 2013
I recently enrolled my son at Victor and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised during my visit. I had read all of the comments here about how rude the office staff is and had prepared myself for the worse! :-) I could not be any more pleased with the manner in which I was greeted and helped throughout the entire process. The staff member who assisted me was very helpful, pleasant and thorough. I was in and out in no time. I am looking forward to a great school year at Victor! :-)

Posted April 24, 2013
I agree with some of the posts here. The office staff are not nice to parents at all, they are very rude and ignorant. the Torrance school district they should know about this!! the school will improve more if they hire new secretaries

Posted April 01, 2012
The parents who say the office staff are rude have got to get a clue. My experience has been the exact opposite. The office staff works diligently to coordinate issues with parents, teachers and administrators for the 950+ kids at this school. They continue to do a great job, doing more work with less support despite the astonishing California budget cuts to education (30% in the last three years). My experience has been that if you are the least bit polite, they reciprocate completely. I would suggest that perhaps the parents who criticize the office staff should get involved in the school, attend PTA, volunteer to run some events, fundraise etc. and they might see just how hard the staff and teachers work at Victor. It might be eye opening, and you might have a little more respect for the office staff. We can all be a little kinder and more understanding of each other.

Victor Elementary School
4820 Spencer Street, Torrance, CA  90503
Last modified Victor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top