Torrance, CA

Victor Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2015
I'm only giving this school 3 stars because of the Principal & my daughter's 1st & 2nd grade teachers. The staff in the office were always extremely rude, and dare I say I very prejudice against any Latin race or any other race for that matter, along with my son's 5th grade teacher he had such a hard time that year and I feel so bad that I didn't speak up more for him. I have always been shy as a parent, I should have filed a major complaint, I don't think any kid should be ridiculed the way some of the teachers treat the students is so unethical. I really hope they have improved, I am so relieved my daughter got to complete her Elementary years at Towers, I love the staff they are how all schools should be, welcoming and polite to all parents regardless of race.

Posted May 18, 2015
If there was an option for zero stars - I would rate this school as zero. We came to Torrance from out of states and our daughter did not speak English. The school showed no empathy to her situation, kids were abusing her and the staff did not care about it. Also the office staff is the worst I have ever met. They have no patient to anyone, they just give to you a fake and creepy smile, that implies you are not wanted in their office. This is the worst school in LA county.

Posted April 04, 2015
An absolute disappointment with this school regarding the ability to deal with criticism, administration and leadership.

Victor Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2014
My offspring is going to Victor for a few years now. The Office Staff is extremely rude and do not have manners. It seems they hate foreigners and TUSD does not care about how bad the office staff is treating people at Victor. They should be fired asap.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 21, 2014
This is a great school, unless you are African American. My child who is a great student was treated as a failure from the beginning. He is in the 4th grade. His teacher did not care about his education and had to be chased down for any feedback. I get it, we're not supposed to be in your school or your neighborhood. My child will be coming back next year and we will be fighting for him to get a good education.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 18, 2014
My daughter is finishing the fifth grade at this school. So glad that she doesn't have to do another year here. It was horrible. Her teacher was the worst teacher ever. She came home one day and said she had taken a 2 1/2 hour nap and her teacher DIDN'T notice! The homework time was unreasonably long. I'm talking like 3 hrs a night every night for a fifth grader! I am a teacher myself, and know what a good teacher is. My daughter's teacher was not a good teacher. I'm angry I cannot say her name here, but some of the things that happened in class: lunch or snacks stolen from backpacks, and never addressed. Homework stolen, so that my daughter started writing her name in pen on every single piece of paper she handed in, lest another student erased her name and took credit for her work; student project turned in that were obviously done by parents (displayed during open house, which was very late in the year), and project after project was assigned, once there were THREE project due in one week! I'm sorry the teacher wanted to make her class look good for open house, but totally unreasonable!! She also kept inaccurate records of assignments and tests, which I found really disturbing!

Victor Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Definitely Victor is a great school. My child loves the school with all round development of academics, athletics and extracurricular activities.

Posted March 01, 2014
What to say...Its about kindergarten experience. One side school is claiming to be best school & other side they need such a huge improvement. No doubt , Office staff is really really rude. Specially with the kids. By mistake if the kindergartener had a accident(Potty), this staff make such a fun that the kid goes into depression. One of the kindergartner teacher had a record of suspending min 3 kids/year. How much do the teacher expect from kindergartener? Do they really understand the meaning of suspension at that age? Teacher don t even try to solve the problem inside the class bet'n the kids but directly send him to the principle. Principle don t try to find out the exact happening, chance of improvement, however believe the teacher & directly suspend the kid. Is the suspension really way for kinderer improvement? This impacts on the kid that . the best & most active student from Pre-K; goes to KG and goes into depression & lost all his/her confidence. In future grades, he don t even try to express himself or true complaints about others even though he is right. I think there should be some enquiry about the suspensions happening in this school in kindergarten classes.

Victor Elementary School 5

Posted November 12, 2013
Both my children are currently attending this wonderful elementary school. I find it to be running really smoothly from the minute you walk into the front office till you leave. The office staff are very helpful, which is why I am not sure why there is some negative comments. Both have always been very helpful and informative. It does get busy in there sometimes with parents wanting attention at the same time, but remember, there are only 2 office staff working. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. I have heard at other schools parents talk about 'that teacher that you don't want' but here at Victor, I feel very fortunate to not have that problem. This elementary school has almost 1000 kids however it never feels crammed, kids/parents get the attention/help needed and seems to be running smoothly. Mr. Baker is the wonderful principal. He is very energetic and approachable. I feel confident that my children are receiving a wonderful education!

Victor Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Both of my children attended Victor. I think it was a great experience. They both had great teachers that were sweet and friendly but knew when to put to their foot down. My only complaint is about Mr.Baker. I think he arrived when my youngest was in the 3rd grade. He was a big change from our last principal and not always in a good way. But he is my only complaint. I would say there is a great parent involvement and the school is very diverse

Victor Elementary School
4820 Spencer Street, Torrance, CA  90503
Last modified Victor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top