Torrance, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 11, 2014
Participating in school activities & volunteering more in classroom make me find out that all leaders here are true to their words & all teachers are full of amazing energy & sincerity. I saw in the long hours of working or teaching, they simply showed no trace of feeling tired but doing all tasks as planned in high efficiency, giving instructions to students clearly and briefly, assuring them doing the right things firmly & instantly. Only intense interest in their jobs will make them so vigorous. They take pride & excel in teaching! Strict and encouraging teachers produce outstanding students and so are they! On the other hand, great teachers are generated by their great teachers. I believe one of the reasons that they have been doing fantastic jobs shall be that they have been taught by the greatest & wisest teacher in the world --- Jesus. I am impressed & touched by the fact that all staffs here always act in conformity with the guidance in the Bible --- Philanthropy & Fraternity. Sending kids here will truly make you have extra happiness & sleep even better! I am so glad my kindergartner is learning & having tons of fun here. Parents, trust me and give it a try :)

Posted March 30, 2014
Years ago, an article in Reader s Digest caught my attention, it mentioned, It is vital to introduce a good religion to your children for them to rely on spiritually through their adulthood, so they can better survive this chaotic world . This Christian Preschool and Elementary School, focusing on both religious education and academic programs, has done a stupendously good job by weaving Bible Study into academic education. Students learn how to sing, to dance, to follow, to lead; to pray, to share, to behave, to make handcrafts; to take care of each other, to celebrate each holiday and each other s birthday, as well as to be patriots of America. Their art programs are terrific too, a guest visited my home was very surprised at my kid s framed oil paintings imitated in class from Van Gogh and Monet. Parents volunteer in school with great enthusiasm. Teachers and staffs have devoted all their intelligence and love towards teaching to these students. The knowledge, skills as well as the Loving Christian Spirits they learned are helping them not only to survive, but also to influence and improve our social environment for everyone in a positive way. Fabulous school! Two Thumbs Up!

Posted October 24, 2013
The Teachers are so nice and friendly. Personally, I really like to send my daughter to this school and my daughter always happy for the school. I highly recommanded this school!!!

Posted October 02, 2013
Teachers are very detail about their student! I love the Ascension Lutheran School because there are teaching God's words ~~~

Posted September 19, 2013
After visiting 3 private church schools nearby this area, I had not hesitated to choose this school. Not only the teachers are outstanding here, many parents I met here are also very awesome, they are also well educated and they simply do everything to make you feel warm and welcome. If your kid is 3- 4 years old, it would be very good to bring them to the preschool here, the staff here will make every effort to build a safe, clean, nourishing and learning environment outside your home for your kids. The price for preschool is much lower than other preschools but the care and nurturing they provided are invaluable & precious. I suggest all parents with related needs come here and talk with the office for inquiry of information and take a school tour, you will be impressed and then you can make a best decision of the year for your kids.

Posted July 11, 2013
From the moment our son started at Ascension in Pre-K thru current (6th) we have been nothing short of dazzled. The curriculum is appropriately challenging and the in class discussions and life lessons learned via chapel, field trips, speakers, community outreach and overnight excursions are priceless. I find the teachers and staff to be invested in my son s growth in both faith and education. Thru the years, we have always found the teachers to be receptive to working with my son/us all with the goal of what is in his best interest and we have used that road on many occasions. The Parent Teacher League brings a breadth of inexpensive and engaging family orientated events throughout the year that embody the importance of fellowship with school families new and old. Volunteering at events like these are what kept us from feeling like the new kids on the block and opened us all up to the many great families Ascension has. My son has and continues to make many lifelong and truly wonderful friends of all grade levels. If you are looking for a school where your child(ren) is well educated, cared for and empowered to go out into the world and do good things this is your school.

Posted July 11, 2013
Love the School, the Teachers and the Staff. Never felt more at home than I do at this school. I've made what I hope to be life time friends and so have my children. The curriculum is structured and the teachers make it fun to learn.

Posted July 05, 2013
I LOVE this school! My siblings, children, nieces, nephews and friends have attended or are attending. The families are wonderful... most desire the same things for their children which gives a "family" feeling for all who attend and want to be involved. The environment is safe which is so important in this day and age. Families that come to the office are treated with respect and their desires for their children are met to the best of our ability. We encourage volunteers but it is not required which is great for working parents. The staff works in partnership with the parents to education and raise their children in Christian love. God has blessed Ascension for over 50 years and will continue for the next 50 years.

Posted July 04, 2013
I have been very pleased with the kind loving environment of Ascension Lutheran School. My daughter is mild ADD and I have found the teacher works well with me to redirect her, without making it seem like it is her fault. Since my daughter is very creative, I love the varieties of ways the teacher helps her learn. Administration has been very helpful and friendly.

Ascension Lutheran School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
My children are no longer enrolled in this school. I must agree that your child will be treated differently than the children of the clique members. The principal turns a deaf ear to the problems of this school. There is a high turn over in staff due to the bullying by older teachers. Sadly over time the Christian atmosphere has evaporated. The student to teacher ratio is low due to low interest and enrollment. The school is barely surviving. I hope a strong leader is brought into the school to bring it back to the great school it once was.

Ascension Lutheran School
17910 Prairie Avenue, Torrance, CA  90504
Last modified Ascension Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Ascension Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top