No rating

West Valley Christian Academy

Private | K-8 | 242 students

We are best known for overall excellent program.

Living in Tracy

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $175,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Sweep tile

Posted January 11, 2013

The staff at WVCA care about the children. The families are great and involved. They teachers go above and beyond to teach and encourage Christian Values. I am very happy with my choice.

Posted January 30, 2012

I transferred my children from the catholic school in town. I am very pleased with the class sizes (13-15 kids per class). The families are great. Awesome teachers!

Posted July 18, 2011

I have been a parent of WVCA for 3 years. My two children have attended and overall have excellent teachers. However, the lack of administrative leadership & accountability has placed my husband and I in the position to leave the school. The favoritism and lack of consistency w/policy is terrible at best. The music and art program has decreased in the last year. Parents were not notified of the change in staff or abandoning of the music & art programs. If I am paying for a private education then I expect the service of a private school. Between both my children there were 7 families leaving for other private schools in Tracy, that s a little fewer than 25% of their classmates.

Posted September 22, 2010

In the 14 years this school has been open there has never been 30 student in a class. One class had 25 last year, it is the only time there have been that many in a class. The teacher had a full time aide. My son was in the class. The teacher did refer to "foolish" behavior as well as "wise" choices. School Board Members DO NOT have students in the school; however the Parent Teacher Fellowship Board does have kids in the school. I LOVE all the school musicals, Christmas and Spring and special chapel presentations. Whoever the parent is that said it is canned music must be going to a different school.

Posted September 4, 2010

My son been attending since pre-school and the teachers are great. The class sizes are small 15-20 in the elementary level (not 30 as one reviewer noted incorrectly). Teachers work hard and do communicate with parents. The teachers do challenge the students in academics and in their values. No school is perfect and as of the administration, our principal works hard to maintain a Christian level of education. I will continue to support and pray for all the teachers and staff for their hard work and sacrifice. God Bless you ALL.

Posted September 1, 2010

WVCA is a great place to work. I am allowed to teach, which is my passion and I am allowed to pray to God. What a great thing to be able to do! I love my students, the staff, and the parents.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 21, 2010

I love the school. I have two children enrolled. They are both doing very well. The teachers are great and push them academically. There is no better school environment in Tracy.

Posted May 12, 2010

My son had solid teachers for 3 years and a good experience, but now the class size has gone from 15 to 30. The one teacher can't control the class and my son's grades have dropped from A' san B's to D's! They have not offered any extra help or support and I think I am paying a lot of money for private school. I will send him elsewhere next year. Also, the music program has been a disappointment. They don't teach how to read music or play instruments like other schools. Instead they sign to canned music and have rehearsed arm movements (like cheerleading.)

Posted May 12, 2010

The students are yelled at and not believed. The teachers are great but the administrative staff has much to be desired. There is favoritism for specific students. There is a lack of structure. Being small school they face the numerous obstacles most small schools do. Clichs, not listening to parental concerns, etc. Parents are told 'if you don't like it, go elsewhere'. These parents are paying a high cost for a quality education and this school isn't seeing the sacrifice the parents are making and providing the quality of school for these precious dollars that are hard to come by in this economy.

Posted May 12, 2010

The teachers do yell at the children. I have personally heard this occur. There is so much going on with this school right now. My son has gone there for 5 years now and we are pulling him out along with about 25% of the class. Very disappointed in the attitude towards the children and lack of structure and understanding.

Posted May 12, 2010

Most of the teachers do a great job, however, due to the economy class sizes have doubled, so they are now equal or larger than public school classes. If you are considering the school--please check on the class size first before enrolling. The other challenge I found is that you are ignored by the administration if you have an issue with policies or staff .You are told to write a letter to the Board only. I have also consistently seen favoritism with students and families who are related to board members and find this unprofessional for a school setting.

Posted May 12, 2010

The quality of the education has declined since my child first started attending 2 years ago. My son's first 2 teachers were excellent, but this year the staff seems overworked and is not available for questions or concerns. Not the same care he first experienced, so we are putting him in a different private school next year. The administrative did not even inquire or seem to care he was leaving!

Posted May 12, 2010

I am reading the reviews and had to post one myself. I am finding the same situation (not sure if my son is in the same class as some of these posted) and no response from the principal. I was told my son's behavior was foolish. When my son tried to explain something, no one would listen to him. Favoritism is huge with staff's children to the point it is riduculous. My son's enrollment is going elsewhere.

Posted April 24, 2010

I don't think the teachers have the right to yell at us if we get in trouble and the p.e. teacher is to hard on us. But I still love it. Some of the students agree with me that the teachers are to hard on us.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 10, 2009

WVCA is a great school. My child receives a well-rounded education. She is growing academically and spiritually. The teachers care. The parents care. What a wonderful environment for children!

Posted February 22, 2009

My son has been going to WVCA for 5 years and I am now considering other options for his education. We love the Christian teaching, but feel the school is lacking in a few things. First one is music; they do not offer any music classes where the children actually learn to play instruments. You are referred to an outside source. School programs are done to taped music. While I'm on the program subject the same select kids perform (favoritism) so if your child does not have a part, they will always be in the back ground. Sports is only offered to middle school children. Communication between the teachers and parents does not happen until your child is in trouble and/or can't catch up. They don't believe a child when accused of doing wrong (bad example for a Christian school). The parking lot is still a mess!

Posted October 6, 2008

This school has been and continues to be a blessing for our son, and I give thanks and praise to God for enabling us to continue his education here. This is a school where he can learn true American history, and the standards for the basics are set high, but are not unattainable. Every day we can send him here for his education is truly a gift from God.

Posted May 19, 2008

Great School, Great Values and staff. I am very please with the curriculum.

Posted January 26, 2008

Fantastic Christian Values and teachings...

Posted May 4, 2006

I am very please with WVCA. The quality of the education is outstanding. The after hours care is very convenient as well. There is a wonderful school spirit and the a high level of teacher commitment.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Teresa Smith
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI
  • ACTS
Fax number
  • (209) 832-4073

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parent teacher fellowship monthly meetings. annual golf tournament and dinner. classroom volunteers and room parents. field trip chaperones and drivers. chapel services. teacher birthday recognition. sports banquet. spirit week.