Tracy, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 04, 2014
My grandson goes to this school and he loves It that right there is something wonderful. The principal on down to the teachers are friendly and will answer questions. The school functions are great and I noticed no disrespect from students. Classy school all the best in the coming years

Wicklund Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2014
below. I wrote a really long review and somehow erased it. now I can apologize for the predictive text stockings = Wicklund and yup= up. We moved here in the summer of 2011 and I was severely misled by this great school rating, only thing I can come up with is that the quality severely deteriorated before we moved here. The principal is unresponsive. Last year my daughter was receiving an award so 4 people took time off of work to come to the assembly and they forgot to print her award, okay mistakes happen. Then they COMPLETELY left get out of the yearbook and no she didn't miss picture day. A HUGE part of our decision to move here was based on this schools ratings and we weren't going to take our kids from Pleasanton and their great schools to downgrade. Her last 2 teachers have been great and that's the only reason there are 2 stars. It does seem less challenging though than other schools.

Posted August 29, 2013
This is THE best school that you could go to! My son is a special education student and the teachers go ABOVE and beyond to make sure he is treated the same by everyone at the school. Just an FYI, they transferred ALL special education students to this campus so if the testscores are not 9 or 10 that is why. All students get tested the same and reported no matter what their capabilities which does reflect in the school rating.

Posted April 09, 2013
Amazing school. Went there three years in a row, and even though there is still cussing and bullying which is almost impossible to avoid, there are people their who grow close to you in weeks, even days. Teachers are very supportive, especially Mrs.Michel, a fifth grade teacher as of 2013. I have never gotten a better STAR testing score in math than I did last year in her class. Parents are involved with everything, so is the principal and the teachers. Best school I've ever been to, that's for sure.

Posted January 27, 2013
Great School, hard working and dedicated teachers and also have wonderful group of parent volunteers who coordinates activities to support school. Even though the API score of 2012 went down, I hope they will have a comeback this year with a good CST score.Go Wildcats!

Wicklund Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2011
My son has attended since K, and will enter 6th grade this fall. We've watched the school decline in communication, utilizing parent/teacher ideas to offset state budget issues, since the former principal Vergara moved to Questa. With his move, the best of teachers followed. My 5th grade teacher, Ms. Michel, was awesome. But, as I watch more teaches leave due to concerns of middle school, we're now looking also. The biggest concern is teacher particpation. I've heard from several parents/students, that assignments are written on the board, but not taught. No real interaction. For some reason, 12 years in the world means you need less instruction. It worries and saddens me.

Posted February 18, 2011
Great school, great community -- teachers & staff are helpful, competent, and genuinely care for the kids.

Posted June 11, 2010
My daughter attends school at Wicklund and the communication between the teachers and parents is great. My daughter loves school which is what every parent wants.

Posted June 04, 2010
My daughter has done very well at this school. The teachers that she has had were very caring. For a public school they do a great job.

Posted May 19, 2010
Great school, Great community, Clean and organized. By far the best schools located in the area by far

Wicklund Elementary School
300 East Legacy Drive, Tracy, CA  95391
Last modified Wicklund Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wicklund Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top