Bad
Good

I have lived in Wicklund since 2009 and the school was listed as a CA Distinguished School in 2010 but declined shortly after that when a new principal was brought in. That new principal is gone now and the school is coming back stronger than ever under the current Principal's, Ryan Gonzales, strong leadership. Also, the 7/10 ranking in 2016 is unfair considering Wicklund houses the entire special needs program for the district rather than having several small classes spread out over all of the schools. That brings down the test averages and drives the ranking down.

I agree with another parent's comment on overly-rated reviews for Wicklund. We moved to Mountain House several years ago. The school used to be good but not any more. Some teachers turn on video lectures. Why do we need teachers when they just turn on online videos in classes? Some teachers are still great but many experienced teachers had moved to other schools newly opened in the Mountain House community. As a parent, I am really concerning some teachers' qualifications. The school district seems that they don't care much about the issues. API has been dropped so Great School Index is only 7 not 8-9 any more. Many Wicklund parents believe that improvements in many areas are really needed.

My grandson goes to this school and he loves It that right there is something wonderful. The principal on down to the teachers are friendly and will answer questions. The school functions are great and I noticed no disrespect from students. Classy school all the best in the coming years

below. I wrote a really long review and somehow erased it. now I can apologize for the predictive text stockings = Wicklund and yup= up. We moved here in the summer of 2011 and I was severely misled by this great school rating, only thing I can come up with is that the quality severely deteriorated before we moved here. The principal is unresponsive. Last year my daughter was receiving an award so 4 people took time off of work to come to the assembly and they forgot to print her award, okay mistakes happen. Then they COMPLETELY left get out of the yearbook and no she didn't miss picture day. A HUGE part of our decision to move here was based on this schools ratings and we weren't going to take our kids from Pleasanton and their great schools to downgrade. Her last 2 teachers have been great and that's the only reason there are 2 stars. It does seem less challenging though than other schools.

This is THE best school that you could go to! My son is a special education student and the teachers go ABOVE and beyond to make sure he is treated the same by everyone at the school. Just an FYI, they transferred ALL special education students to this campus so if the testscores are not 9 or 10 that is why. All students get tested the same and reported no matter what their capabilities which does reflect in the school rating.

Amazing school. Went there three years in a row, and even though there is still cussing and bullying which is almost impossible to avoid, there are people their who grow close to you in weeks, even days. Teachers are very supportive, especially Mrs.Michel, a fifth grade teacher as of 2013. I have never gotten a better STAR testing score in math than I did last year in her class. Parents are involved with everything, so is the principal and the teachers. Best school I've ever been to, that's for sure.

Great School, hard working and dedicated teachers and also have wonderful group of parent volunteers who coordinates activities to support school. Even though the API score of 2012 went down, I hope they will have a comeback this year with a good CST score.Go Wildcats!

My son has attended since K, and will enter 6th grade this fall. We've watched the school decline in communication, utilizing parent/teacher ideas to offset state budget issues, since the former principal Vergara moved to Questa. With his move, the best of teachers followed. My 5th grade teacher, Ms. Michel, was awesome. But, as I watch more teaches leave due to concerns of middle school, we're now looking also. The biggest concern is teacher particpation. I've heard from several parents/students, that assignments are written on the board, but not taught. No real interaction. For some reason, 12 years in the world means you need less instruction. It worries and saddens me.

Great school, great community -- teachers & staff are helpful, competent, and genuinely care for the kids.

My daughter attends school at Wicklund and the communication between the teachers and parents is great. My daughter loves school which is what every parent wants.

Last modified Wicklund Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.