Bethany Elementary School

Public | K-8

Living in Tracy

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $295,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,165.

Posted May 3, 2014

The principal has her moments. She can be friendly one minute and rude as ever the next. Earlier in the year I had a conference with her regarding my child's academics and the quality of the teacher's teaching method's and she brushed it off and began getting defensive with me about the teacher. I know we all have things/people we feel passionate about but when you are in the leadership role, you must know how to channel emotions. She made me uncomfortable to the point where I just told her to have a great day and I walked out of her office. She did nothing to make me feel she would look in to it, however the next day I had an email from the teacher in reference to the principal and I's conversation.. As the year ends, I am debating on if I will allow my child to stay in a school where the principal cares more about defending the teachers than the children learning.

Posted September 4, 2013

Bethany Elementary has been a great school for my kids with very challenging curriculum as well. I have one child in 3rd grade and the other in 1st grade. They both started at Bethany in kindergarten and love everything that the school has to offer. The Principal Debbie Wingo has done a fantastic job since coming to the school last year. She has set certain goals for the students that has helped improve their dedication and enthusiasm to reach higher levels of learning. The Teachers and Parents are very involved in creating the best environment possible for the students. Bethany's API score is now over 900! Great job everyone!

Posted July 18, 2013

Bethany is a great school! Our children enjoy learning and thrive there as students. I talk to our kids about school bullying so often and they haven't experienced any of it.

Posted May 16, 2013

Great school and good Principal. I don't know why the other reviewer blaming the Principal. I have two kids attending this school with good academics & character and they (and we) are very well treated and very happy with the school.

Posted May 9, 2013

Principal Deborah Wingo is not a good Principal. Very Rude. Talks over you. Does not listen to parents. This is the worst School my children has ever been to.

Posted November 6, 2011

Bethany is one of the Best schools my kids have every been to. The teachers put a lot of effort in to these kids. The challenge the kids giving them everyday Accelerated Reading (AR) tests, math time tests etc. I have been with the school the past few years and my experience with this school is super. I will highly recommend this school.

Posted May 30, 2011

My daughter and I love this school. She started kinder this yr. reading a little bit and is already reading at a third grade level. In math she is already at the second grade level. I'm pleased with the staff so far. When I've had a concern, they've listened and helped resolve the situation promptly. I knew the school was good when we moved to Mountain House, but it continues to do better each yr.

Posted April 16, 2011

My two children have attended this school since it opened and we have been very happy with both the quality of the teaching staff and the administration. This school has posted excellent STAR testing results with higher overall scores each year since it opened. The school places emphasis both on education and citizenship. The parents are generally very involved with their kid's education at this school. There is a GATE program available for 4th graders and up. My oldest child really enjoys GATE by taking additional classes like art, writing, science and Mandarin. As with all public schools in California, your child's education will be largely what you make of it but we have found Bethany school to be highly supportive for parents willing and able to partner with the teachers and administration in the joint education of their children.

Posted April 8, 2011

my child is dealing with bullying as well. They do not take bullying serious it seems at this school. It has been a daily struggle to get my child to school because of it. We are moving schools next year. There are other issues my child is dealing with at this school that I can not mention. Please before making the decision to go to this school do your homework. School should be a safe and fun environment.

Posted February 24, 2011

This is my son's 3rd year at this school. My son did have an issue his first year with being bullied, but once my husband and I were aware of it I worked closely with his teacher until it was resolved. Ironically, that same kid that bullied my son is now one of his really good friends. Overall, I have been really amazed with the progress my son has made at this school. During his first year he did have problems catching up because he came from a school in Tracy that taught at a very different level and pace. In 2nd grade my son was reading at a 4th grade level.

Posted December 10, 2010

I was just reading a post from a friend of mine that has a child enrolled in Bethany. She and her son have suffered through bullyinh at this school, and much to her consternation she feels unsupported by the school and the district. I fairness, there are always several points of view to consider when evaluating a school. I hope the school is taking approriate action.

Posted November 12, 2010

My children started going here this year to kindergarten and 2nd grade and I am very pleased. There is a great student to teacher ratio. The teachers have high expectations and the students meet them. Also they have a great program to reward the students for having good respect, citizenship (ect)

Posted November 18, 2009

Bethany School is fantastic. Although the leadership is sub par, in the distrct the teachers make up for it. The 1st Grade through are great!

Posted November 17, 2009

I am very happy that my children are enrolled in this school. It is a great school with great teachers and administrators. Teachers set high expectations, cover great amount of lessons in all classes, very caring and prepare students to be better thinkers and problem solvers. Keep up the good work!

Posted September 16, 2009

Great learning environment for our children. Parents are always involved. Great API scores.

Posted May 20, 2009

This school has been excellent for our daughter. The teachers are very committed to providing quality education. The campus and equipment are beautiful. Our daughter loves her school, she is very happy to be going there.

Posted January 20, 2009

I just love this school. My child comes home smiling every day, and she says that this school is the best shehas been to so far. The principle is okay, but the vice principal can improve a little. Still, this overachieving school is great, and I love it.

Posted September 4, 2008

As a former teacher, I was really ready to keep an eye on the academics and other things going on at this school. This was our first experience with a public school. As it turns out, my son has a great teacher (Mrs. Moten) and I am thrilled with the school overall. We are pleased with our choice to send our child to this school.

Posted September 2, 2008

My daughter is going to this school for the 2nd time thisyear. She liked the school very much. I liked the teachers here and Principal is also very good.

Posted September 1, 2008

So far we have had a good experience with this school.My kids love going to school.One is a Kindergardener and other is a 2nd grader.The teachers are nice and have a fun way of teaching .

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

7 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

7 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students89%

Fluent-English proficient and English only87%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)89%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate92%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 21%N/AN/A
English language learners 9%N/AN/A

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

570 South Escuela Drive