Tracy, CA

Posted May 03, 2014
The principal has her moments. She can be friendly one minute and rude as ever the next. Earlier in the year I had a conference with her regarding my child's academics and the quality of the teacher's teaching method's and she brushed it off and began getting defensive with me about the teacher. I know we all have things/people we feel passionate about but when you are in the leadership role, you must know how to channel emotions. She made me uncomfortable to the point where I just told her to have a great day and I walked out of her office. She did nothing to make me feel she would look in to it, however the next day I had an email from the teacher in reference to the principal and I's conversation.. As the year ends, I am debating on if I will allow my child to stay in a school where the principal cares more about defending the teachers than the children learning.

Posted September 04, 2013
Bethany Elementary has been a great school for my kids with very challenging curriculum as well. I have one child in 3rd grade and the other in 1st grade. They both started at Bethany in kindergarten and love everything that the school has to offer. The Principal Debbie Wingo has done a fantastic job since coming to the school last year. She has set certain goals for the students that has helped improve their dedication and enthusiasm to reach higher levels of learning. The Teachers and Parents are very involved in creating the best environment possible for the students. Bethany's API score is now over 900! Great job everyone!

Posted July 18, 2013
Bethany is a great school! Our children enjoy learning and thrive there as students. I talk to our kids about school bullying so often and they haven't experienced any of it.

Posted May 16, 2013
Great school and good Principal. I don't know why the other reviewer blaming the Principal. I have two kids attending this school with good academics & character and they (and we) are very well treated and very happy with the school.

Bethany Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
Principal Deborah Wingo is not a good Principal. Very Rude. Talks over you. Does not listen to parents. This is the worst School my children has ever been to.

Posted November 06, 2011
Bethany is one of the Best schools my kids have every been to. The teachers put a lot of effort in to these kids. The challenge the kids giving them everyday Accelerated Reading (AR) tests, math time tests etc. I have been with the school the past few years and my experience with this school is super. I will highly recommend this school.

Posted May 30, 2011
My daughter and I love this school. She started kinder this yr. reading a little bit and is already reading at a third grade level. In math she is already at the second grade level. I'm pleased with the staff so far. When I've had a concern, they've listened and helped resolve the situation promptly. I knew the school was good when we moved to Mountain House, but it continues to do better each yr.

Posted April 16, 2011
My two children have attended this school since it opened and we have been very happy with both the quality of the teaching staff and the administration. This school has posted excellent STAR testing results with higher overall scores each year since it opened. The school places emphasis both on education and citizenship. The parents are generally very involved with their kid's education at this school. There is a GATE program available for 4th graders and up. My oldest child really enjoys GATE by taking additional classes like art, writing, science and Mandarin. As with all public schools in California, your child's education will be largely what you make of it but we have found Bethany school to be highly supportive for parents willing and able to partner with the teachers and administration in the joint education of their children.

Bethany Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
my child is dealing with bullying as well. They do not take bullying serious it seems at this school. It has been a daily struggle to get my child to school because of it. We are moving schools next year. There are other issues my child is dealing with at this school that I can not mention. Please before making the decision to go to this school do your homework. School should be a safe and fun environment.

Posted February 24, 2011
This is my son's 3rd year at this school. My son did have an issue his first year with being bullied, but once my husband and I were aware of it I worked closely with his teacher until it was resolved. Ironically, that same kid that bullied my son is now one of his really good friends. Overall, I have been really amazed with the progress my son has made at this school. During his first year he did have problems catching up because he came from a school in Tracy that taught at a very different level and pace. In 2nd grade my son was reading at a 4th grade level.

Bethany Elementary School
570 South Escuela Drive, Tracy, CA  95391
Last modified Bethany Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethany Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top