Tracy, CA

Posted February 14, 2015
The Principle and a few teachers are rude an narrow-minded. My child no longer goes to this school because of them. My child felt unsafe and uncomfortable attending this school. While my son was in Iraq, he was injured by an IED. I told this to my daughter and she was distraught. She told me about how she cried in the bathroom during lunch time and her friends came in to be there for her. The Principle, Ms. Wingo, proceeded to go into the bathroom and told every single one of them that they will receive referrals because of being in the bathroom DURING LUNCH TIME. She then pulled my daughter to the side and asked her what was wrong. My daughter explained to her what had happened and Ms. Wingo told her to "Get over it." This baffles me as to how she can run an elementary school without a heart. Ms. Wingo does not care about the students attending this school. I strongly recommend any school besides Bethany Elementary School.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 02, 2015
This school baffles me. The staff does not care about any of the students. I'm shocked that this school has such a "great" rating. Most of the positive ratings are probably from blind parents. This school has a huge bullying issue and none of the staff do anything about it. Also, many female students get sexually harassed. Many cases of this and many cases of stalking have been reported, but the staff never do anything about it. It's completely ridiculous. Recently, there was an incident in one of the girl's bathrooms. Inside one the stalls, there was graffiti targeting one female student. It contained a large amount of profanity and the graffiti stated that the female student was a "hoe." Students reported this to a teacher, and then the teacher the teacher reported it to the office. The targeted student was distraught and hysterical. The student even claimed that she wanted to commit suicide. Later, there was proof upon who graffitied the inside of the stall. The school did nothing. These are just some examples of why this school is disgusting and unbelievable. I wish I could give this school zero stars.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 11, 2015
Both my daughters go here & we are very happy that this is the school we chose. The staff is very friendly so are the teachers who are approachable and very committed to their work. My kids are very content and motivated to work hard. Also the school environment is very positive with all kids friendly & well behaved.

Bethany Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2014
The principal has her moments. She can be friendly one minute and rude as ever the next. Earlier in the year I had a conference with her regarding my child's academics and the quality of the teacher's teaching method's and she brushed it off and began getting defensive with me about the teacher. I know we all have things/people we feel passionate about but when you are in the leadership role, you must know how to channel emotions. She made me uncomfortable to the point where I just told her to have a great day and I walked out of her office. She did nothing to make me feel she would look in to it, however the next day I had an email from the teacher in reference to the principal and I's conversation.. As the year ends, I am debating on if I will allow my child to stay in a school where the principal cares more about defending the teachers than the children learning.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 04, 2013
Bethany Elementary has been a great school for my kids with very challenging curriculum as well. I have one child in 3rd grade and the other in 1st grade. They both started at Bethany in kindergarten and love everything that the school has to offer. The Principal Debbie Wingo has done a fantastic job since coming to the school last year. She has set certain goals for the students that has helped improve their dedication and enthusiasm to reach higher levels of learning. The Teachers and Parents are very involved in creating the best environment possible for the students. Bethany's API score is now over 900! Great job everyone!

Bethany Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2013
Bethany is a great school! Our children enjoy learning and thrive there as students. I talk to our kids about school bullying so often and they haven't experienced any of it.

Posted May 16, 2013
Great school and good Principal. I don't know why the other reviewer blaming the Principal. I have two kids attending this school with good academics & character and they (and we) are very well treated and very happy with the school.

Posted May 09, 2013
Principal Deborah Wingo is not a good Principal. Very Rude. Talks over you. Does not listen to parents. This is the worst School my children has ever been to.

Posted November 06, 2011
Bethany is one of the Best schools my kids have every been to. The teachers put a lot of effort in to these kids. The challenge the kids giving them everyday Accelerated Reading (AR) tests, math time tests etc. I have been with the school the past few years and my experience with this school is super. I will highly recommend this school.

Posted May 30, 2011
My daughter and I love this school. She started kinder this yr. reading a little bit and is already reading at a third grade level. In math she is already at the second grade level. I'm pleased with the staff so far. When I've had a concern, they've listened and helped resolve the situation promptly. I knew the school was good when we moved to Mountain House, but it continues to do better each yr.

Bethany Elementary School
570 South Escuela Drive, Tracy, CA  95391
Last modified Bethany Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethany Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top