Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted October 28, 2015
Our family moved to Tracy from the bay area. Our experiences with the Principle, Mr. Pecot, Counselor Mr. Silva, teachers; Neylan, Burkert, Mendonca, Eddy and Mrs B as well as Mrs. Backman. Has been nothing short of a breath of fresh air. Having an entire staff care about your child, his welfare and the needed and necessary accommodations is an absolute blessing. Emails, phone calls get returned immediately. We came from Hercules (where it was the opposite) we can tell you that having a staff from the top down that absolutely care makes the difference. Major major major kudos to you Mr. Pecot and your staff. Blessings Anesha Wossne

John C. Kimball High School
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 08, 2015
To be fair though some teachers are great ms.Howard Mr.sankus mr.medik and more all great just a fair majority are really bad

John C. Kimball High School 3

Posted May 12, 2015
I actually really like Kimball.. Its really fun and the students are really nice but I also have a big problem with the administration.. they are really rude and they don't listen to students at all. Also I feel like the rules are really harsh and the dress code is just stupid! They give really harsh punishments for offences that are not so bad and little punishments for terrible offences. The French teachers are really nice, especially Ms.Reyburn.. she's the sweetest teacher!.......

Posted August 13, 2014
I love this school. My siblings have gone here, I have taken a tour around the school. It's amazing. Most people only say it's bad just because it's all the way in the back of Tracy and it's a new school. But, I love kimball. They are VERY spritive for their 9th graders welcoming orientation, they have lots of spirit weeks. I love kimball.

Posted August 04, 2014
My daughter attended this school for less than a semester. She got along well with the other students; however, there were abundant problems with teachers and administration. Administrators will not return phone calls or emails on a timely basis. Punishments are harsh and students and parents are not listened to (even at the district level). The Spanish department is the worst. Put your child in French! These teachers do not have the students' best interests in mind. It's a repressive environment in which students have difficulty learning.

John C. Kimball High School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Socially, and intellectually diverse, John C. Kimball hosts a wide variety of highly enlightened staff, a close knit and incredibly friendly and sociable student base, and dedicated staff members who are passionate about their job. Some aspects are in their own way ridiculous, such as an obvious bias in administering reprimand, but these aspects in no way hinder the students ability to participate as a student. They also in no way violate any ethical codes, nor do they conflict with the general mission of high schools. Consider them instead as easily overcome obstacles and annoyances.

Posted May 06, 2014
As an incoming graduate, I must recommend that any and all considerate parents keep their children stay away from Kimball. The administration is adversarial, the student population largely delinquent, student "leadership" wholly uncommunicative with the student body. One can expect lengthy wait times when working with the office, and harsh penalties for relatively minor offences (I compare this with the two other highschools I've attended, and peer experience). Mandatory ID laniards, in the most unappealing color scheme. I once went to the office, asking for an icepack to numb my finger (pinched nerve). I was issued one, but not allowed to leave the office with it. As I had critical work to be done in the class I had left, I asked if I could get a bag of icecubes to go. They said no, either stay in the office with it or return to class without it. I suffered until one of my teachers got some from the science room, which brings us to the only positive side of Kimball: the teachers. However, two of my favorites are going to Mountain House High anyway (go there, they have a bell tower). Kimball administration runs the school like a jail, and they charge you for the stay.

Posted November 19, 2013
BIG BIG PROBLEMS LISTEN TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT THE STAFF AND TEACHERS THEY ARE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH, DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE AND PUNISHED MY KID AND FOUND OUT LATER IT WAS THE TEACHERS ERROR.

Posted October 08, 2013
Kimball is the worst! First of all the teachers are terrible! They don't like to teach and they never give back any of your work. A couple of times my spanish teacher lost my tests and gave me a zero on it because she couldn't find it! How unfair is that?! Another thing is that whenever I ask for help from the teachers I get a lecture and/or they yell at me saying that I should know this material already! If I'm coming to you for help obviously I was never taught this lesson! Not to mention how the teachers love to publicly humiliate the students! At this school I don't get bullied by the students. I get bullied by the teachers.

Posted September 22, 2013
John C. Kimball High School in Tracy, Ca. has lots to offer anyone who has a GOOD attitude. It's newer, and, therefore, younger with a few kinks to work out. As a parent of 2 kids who have graduated from high schools in Tracy, and a 3rd who is a senior here at KHS, I know, for a fact, that KHS could use the money. When school starts, teachers ask for items their classes need/will use and parents provide what they can. KHS has promised to handle business matters to do with our kids with dignity, integrity, and consistency. If only the parents could see the forest through the trees. Perhaps the REAL problem is in the main district office, TUSD, from which all of the guidelines are developed for staffing, teachers, and curriculum.

John C. Kimball High School
3200 Jaguar Run, Tracy, CA  95377-7216
Last modified John C. Kimball High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.